How do you quit Uber? Simply stop driving or somehow make it formal?

Haven't driven since last November. The vehicle inspection is past due and my drivers license in the system expires soon. I've not bothered updating either (my license is renewed but I haven't bothered informing Uber). Due to these lack of updates my account is suspended and I'm not going to make moves to correct that.

Is there any benefit for just quitting cold turkey, letting the account remain suspended and not formally informing Uber that you quit? And if it's better to quit by informing Uber, is it best to use this "I want to delete my account" page? I do want to keep my rider account.

On a side note, my life has much improved since I stopped driving. It was a great catalyst to motivate me to have more fulfilling and higher paying work that doesn't do anything like depreciating the value of my car. I'll write a longer post about that another time.

Chocoholic

I wouldn't "quit". Let the account sit there. Don't take any action. Technically, you're still on the books. That could earn you some money later. Maybe your case could result in a determination that you were laid off. Might get you some bucks. (Not life changing, but maybe buy you one of those juicy steaks recently posted in another thread!)

Who knows what will come of all the impending lawsuits. We've heard of all kinds of class action cases, and even one mention of an attorney that thinks they can beat the arbitration clause and start a class action for back pay and other benefits.

Simply put, there's no upside to "officially quitting", but some minor downside. So, just let it sit! It doesn't hurt anything! :coolio:

Jon77

Haven't driven since last November. The vehicle inspection is past due and my drivers license in the system expires soon. I've not bothered updating either (my license is renewed but I haven't bothered informing Uber). Due to these lack of updates my account is suspended and I'm not going to make moves to correct that.

Is there any benefit for just quitting cold turkey, letting the account remain suspended and not formally informing Uber that you quit? And if it's better to quit by informing Uber, is it best to use this "I want to delete my account" page? I do want to keep my rider account.

On a side note, my life has much improved since I stopped driving. It was a great catalyst to motivate me to have more fulfilling and higher paying work that doesn't do anything like depreciating the value of my car. I'll write a longer post about that another time.
I think this is a good way, the way i plan on doing it.
Wait till you have a paxhole with an animal that is an obvious fake service animal.
Confront them and ask why are they being a douchbag and making life difficult for people with real disabilities and real service animals.
When they threaten to tell Uber and get you fired, cite fear for your life and spray them with a fire extinguisher, try to avoid spraying the animal, it's not their fault their human is a POS.
You won't have to contact Uber to officially resign, they will call you.
And as an added bonus you can give them a piece of your mind as well.

Employment status resolved.

scatman

I wouldn't "quit". Let the account sit there. Don't take any action. Technically, you're still on the books. That could earn you some money later. Maybe your case could result in a determination that you were laid off. Might get you some bucks. (Not life changing, but maybe buy you one of those juicy steaks recently posted in another thread!)
Who knows what will come of all the impending lawsuits. We've heard of all kinds of class action cases, and even one mention of an attorney that thinks they can beat the arbitration clause and start a class action for back pay and other benefits.
Simply put, there's no upside to "officially quitting", but some minor downside. So, just let it sit! It doesn't hurt anything! :coolio:
Exactly, if you're going to quit just stop driving and leave your account in "good standing."
Don't burn any bridges.
Never know what's going to happen in the future.

U phoria

Reactivate your account and start picking up pax, instead of taking them directly to their destination run some errands along the way.

You know .. like real rideshare is supposed to be

Crab a coffee or hit a drive through or two until they deactivate you

uberist

Just leave it, eventually you wont be able to open the drivers app or log onto the drivers account but your pax account will be unaffected.

Although an email to them could help if your insurance company ever questions it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

This looks like the approach I will take. The only concern is if I get into an accident, my insurance company might think I was driving for Uber since I’d be technically on the books. Has anyone been in that situation of making a non-Uber-related claim and having to prove you weren’t ride-sharing at the time of the accident?

LoveBC

Reactivate your account and start picking up pax, instead of taking them directly to their destination run some errands along the way.

You know .. like real rideshare is supposed to be

Crab a coffee or hit a drive through or two until they deactivate you
I was at the Clarion this morning waiting on a pax to come out and an uberX ant with pax in back pulled in just to use the bathroom. Pax sat in backseat with a wtf look on his face.

U phoria

I was at the Clarion this morning waiting on a pax to come out and an uberX ant with pax in back pulled in just to use the bathroom. Pax sat in backseat with a wtf look on his face.
Not a very smart ant, they have terrible bathrooms maybe that’s why

uberist

This looks like the approach I will take. The only concern is if I get into an accident, my insurance company might think I was driving for Uber since I’d be technically on the books. Has anyone been in that situation of making a non-Uber-related claim and having to prove you weren’t ride-sharing at the time of the accident?
I did, I have pregressive, they ask you a series of questions which includes "have you used the vehicle for ride share?" I answered yes, next question was "were you using it for ride share at the timenof the accident?" I answered No. Thats all there was to it, the other guy was at fault progressive handled it all not another question and still have progressive.

LAWeasel

Same thing. I stopped driving. Inspection overdue on Lyft, registration expired on both. Of course it's renewed & current since I drive outside of rideshare, but haven't uploaded the docs. Kept thinking I might get back on the road or may want to do a ride here & there or a day here & there, but it hasn't happened. With Hurricane Charlotte hitting LA, it's not likely going to now.