How do you keep car windows clean?

Cableguynoe

Jeez people. You don’t need a chemical engineering degree to clean your windows. It’s not rocket science. Go to Walmart and grab a bottle of Invisible Glass and a few good quality microfiber cloths. The solution is safe on tinted glass and is 100% streak-free (paired with the proper cloths). Use separate cloths for the inside and outside of each window.

I used to detail cars and have tried every kind of car wash soap, clay bar, wax, sealant, polish, carpet shampoo, tire shine, glass cleaner, you name it... that’s on the market... no joke. PM me if you need some advice on the best products to buy. I do also have some experience within the professional grade realm of products as well (stuff that’s not available in your local Walmart or Autozone).

I spent a lot of money over the years trying every kind of different product and have learned exactly what works well and lasts versus what doesn’t.
So you start by saying how cleaning your windows is not "rocket science", but then finish by saying you've spend a lot of time and money over years determining what works and what doesn't.

Sounds like science to me.

atg410

So you start by saying how cleaning your windows is not "rocket science", but then finish by saying you've spend a lot of time and money over years determining what works and what doesn't.

Sounds like science to me.
Yes, because I take samples of each product to the lab to compare and contrast petrochemicals, polymers, and compounds between the various products. Totally.

It’s called actually business. That’s what you do when you want to provide the best service and use only the best products on customer vehicles. Taking a small initial financial hit to know what works and what doesn’t in the long run isn’t a rocket science.

Science would be what those who are making all these crazy concoctions by trial and error (scientific method without hypotheses) are doing to determine what works and what doesn’t.

Last edited:

SuzeCB

You guys need to stop spending money on glass cleaners, dish washers and rice cookers.

Just get a wife. She can be all 3.
My Grandma used to tell me the secret to a happy marriage was to be a lady in the living room, a cook in the kitchen, and the most depraved little hussy you could muster in the bedroom.

She didn't wash windows or dishes. She had kids for that. And she was a terrible cook. Grandpa was still home every night.

You do the math.

Angela Cheeseman

RainX ... At least I use RainX winshield wiper fluid to help bead up the rain while I'm driving and it works wonders!! I bet their window cleaner is great too.

Cableguynoe

Yes, because I take samples of each product to the lab to compare and contrast petrochemicals, polymers, and compounds between the various products. Totally.

It’s called actually business. That’s what you do when you want to provide the best service and use only the best products on customer vehicles. Taking a small initial financial hit to know what works and what doesn’t in the long run isn’t a rocket science.

Science would be what those who are making all these crazy concoctions by trial and error (scientific method without hypotheses) are doing to determine what works and what doesn’t.
atg410
Obviously I was exaggerating when I called it science.

My point is you said it took you a long time and money to figure out what works but then criticised others for trying to figure out the same things you figured out.

By saying it's not rocket science you're implying it's very easy but then admitted it took you years.

tohunt4me

My Grandma used to tell me the secret to a happy marriage was to be a lady in the living room, a cook in the kitchen, and the most depraved little hussy you could muster in the bedroom.

She didn't wash windows or dishes. She had kids for that. And she was a terrible cook. Grandpa was still home every night.

You do the math.
Heredity ?

In fact
They Say it skips a generation
And the grandchildren are often like the grandparents . . .

RainX ... At least I use RainX winshield wiper fluid to help bead up the rain while I'm driving and it works wonders!! I bet their window cleaner is great too.
They make Lousy windshield wipers in my opinion.
Noisy.

wk1102

So I kinda have ocd when it comes to my windows being clean ,in any car I'm in .. And since I bought this car I for the life of me can't get the windows clean without streaks ! I've done every little trick I've watched, read ,learned. ..Bought so much stuff guaranteed, streak free, blah blah ...At my wits end ,almost to tears with these damn windows ! Any advice?
What i find works the best is invisible glass or similar from auto parts chain, an aerosol can. Tint safe dries steak free.

Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Damn son. ..Im gone for a day or 2,come back and my thread is featured and blowin up ... social anxiety panick attack in 3.....2....o look a squirrel! ! This is y'all gettin along ? Forget my bbq idea. ..Let's just have an all out cage match

We'll collect all saliva dripping from men's mouth on this forum, after they see your photo.

The trick is to remove dust first with a duster.
Then use anything, it will work.
Never spray on dust, you can't see fine dust.
Wait what ?! Eeww ....No one
We'll collect all saliva dripping from men's mouth on this forum, after they see your photo.

The trick is to remove dust first with a duster.
Then use anything, it will work.
Never spray on dust, you can't see fine dust.
What? ! Eew .. No one ever actually drools over another human. ...Just no

TwoFiddyMile

Damn son. ..Im gone for a day or 2,come back and my thread is featured and blowin up ... social anxiety panick attack in 3.....2....o look a squirrel! ! This is y'all gettin along ? Forget my bbq idea. ..Let's just have an all out cage match

Wait what ?! Eeww ....No one

What? ! Eew .. No one ever actually drools over another human. ...Just no
I'm down for a cage match. Not very wise, I'm old. Would be fun tho.
Would someone drive me to the hospital afterwards?

Hono driver

Classic example of over thinking. I use wipers and windex fluid in the reservoir. Seems to work just fine. Nobody @@@@@ing and 4.95 rating says it’s ok. Jhfc

Leroy B

Never use cleaning products to clean your windows. Just use hot water like the professionals.

Dave609

So I kinda have ocd when it comes to my windows being clean ,in any car I'm in .. And since I bought this car I for the life of me can't get the windows clean without streaks ! I've done every little trick I've watched, read ,learned. ..Bought so much stuff guaranteed, streak free, blah blah ...At my wits end ,almost to tears with these damn windows ! Any advice?
meguiar’s waterless car wash can be used on glass and i just tried it for the first time just now,perfect and it doesn’t streak,use a good micro fiber towel of course