How do you get 5 star ratings?

#1husler

How do you all get a 5 star rating? and what goes into it? What are the contributing factors? A "5 star car"? Quality of the drive/ride? Decent conversation/respectful silence? Opening doors and carrying around luggage and multiple walmart bags to a pax steps?, dishing out unlimited "free" water, candy and gum?, awesome music? I know one guy who will ask pax about which music they like and then sing to them (seriously, no joke). My rating is in respectable standing so I'm good but..just wondering so just asking....

SurgeMasterMN

I have a 4.96 after 1.5 years....

The secret is tell everyone you are giving them 5 stars and do it. Cause if you give them a chitty rating they will notice it right after the ride and revenge rate you back. Most people when I let them know I am giving them 5 stars they say right back at you...

Be yourself and hold a good conversation or be quiet if that is what they want. Mirror the rider. Rideshare is 20% driving and 80% Emotional Intelligence. (I heard that somewhere on here before and thought it summed it up well.

No water no candy... Opens doors help with luggage. Be respectful...

#1husler

Thanks SurgeMaster...that's whats up, I'll apply that best practice (so much easier and more pragmatic than having to fuss with cookies and soda for pax, etc.) when I jump back on the road later today...much thanks for that nugget!

fairsailing

4.97 currently after 2 years. Surge has most of them. I don't drive late night and I don't drive anyone under 4.6. For the 4.6/7 riders I will end my ride a few seconds early so they can see my 5 star rating, and often I will say "five stars" as I enter my rating. Drunks are unpredictable and because of my hours and ratings limits I drive very few.

So it's as much who you drive as how you drive.

(Sober riders under 4.8 almost never tip, so that gets factored in to whether or not I accept their business.)

Last edited:

Scorpion12

If you drive late night its unpredictable, agreed with fairsailing.

Last weekend i had all outstanding rides, one stupid pax gave me 2 *, prob he or she to drunk.

No extras here. Don't open their door unless they're 90 years old. I never bring up ratings as a topic, they almost never do. Chat if they seem willing, but don't push it. Don't be an obvious ass-kisser. I load luggage unless they clearly want to. That's to protect my paint and weatherstripping. If I have a mom with a carseat I'll help with strapping it in.

Give a SAFE ride, don't fly around corners or take chances.

My Uber: 4.94
My Lyft: 4.96

Curmudg

Thanks SurgeMaster...that's whats up, I'll apply that best practice (so much easier and more pragmatic than having to fuss with cookies and soda for pax, etc.) when I jump back on the road later today...much thanks for that nugget!

The one exception this weekend MIGHT be - if you had little Gatorades for after the marathon, I'd suspect you'd have some very appreciative passengers... And they'll be all goofed up from running for 3-5 hours (I've run 3) , might even tip you!

How do you all get a 5 star rating? and what goes into it? What are the contributing factors? A "5 star car"? Quality of the drive/ride? Decent conversation/respectful silence? Opening doors and carrying around luggage and multiple walmart bags to a pax steps?, dishing out unlimited "free" water, candy and gum?, awesome music? I know one guy who will ask pax about which music they like and then sing to them (seriously, no joke). My rating is in respectable standing so I'm good but..just wondering so just asking....

I think it mirrors how you're feeling - if I'm in a foul mood, I'll see my ratings drop, if i'm friendly and happy they go up. (i'm 4.87 Uber, 4.91 lyft, 3500 total rides). Also, concentrate on smooooth ride..

RHB

This as come up before, so I would like to add my 2 cents worth. You need to fiqure out what works for you and stick with it. Personally I've done quite well with the giving out of candy bars, water, various chargers. I think my numbers speak well for me. Over 6,000 rides, 4.95 with Uber and 5.00 with Lyft. Numbers are fine and dandy, but let me share the real reason I do what I do. I'm runny approximately 20% tips through the app, and averageing over a $125.00 a week in cash tips as well, for a $15.00 a week investment. This sir Is why I do what I do, and you should find what works for you.

This as come up before, so I would like to add my 2 cents worth. You need to fiqure out what works for you and stick with it. Personally I've done quite well with the giving out of candy bars, water, various chargers. I think my numbers speak well for me. Over 6,000 rides, 4.95 with Uber and 5.00 with Lyft. Numbers are fine and dandy, but let me share the real reason I do what I do. I'm runny approximately 20% tips through the app, and averageing over a $125.00 a week in cash tips as well, for a $15.00 a week investment. This sir Is why I do what I do, and you should find what works for you.
Sorry meant to say 10 to 15% in tips through the app.

I also do 10-15% in-app tips, and I give away nothing whatsoever. And my numbers posted above speak for themselves. We're the cheapest-ass ride available, there should be NO expectation from pax that we give away anything at all, in the hope of getting a tip.

But like you said, do whatever works for you...