• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

how do you do both uber and lyft at the same time?

horsesemen

How do you run both apps? Like, do you still get a ping if the app itself is not open? I do lyft, but am waiting for Uber background check to be complete to do both.

BigRedDriver

Have both apps open. Uber in foreground, lyft in background. When you accept a ping from one, turn the other off. If you don’t you can get a ping from the other, which can be dismissed. But that effect the acceptance rate.

There are also apps that are supposed to do the app switching for you. Tried one, but decided it was doing stuff that I could just as easily do myself.

horsesemen

Have both apps open. Uber in foreground, lyft in background. When you accept a ping from one, turn the other off. If you don’t you can get a ping from the other, which can be dismissed. But that effect the acceptance rate.

There are also apps that are supposed to do the app switching for you. Tried one, but decided it was doing stuff that I could just as easily do myself.
any particular reason why uber in the foreground?

BigRedDriver

Haven’t ever had that problem. I do both and it ends up being random for me which is in fore/background and just get the pop up at a request. My problem is accepting one and forgetting to go offline with the other! LOL
Absolutely. Happens a few times a week. And on a few occasions I know I’ve turned Lyft off, but still get the ping from them. I’ve noticed a few times when I’m done for the day I’ve turned both apps off, and yet I will still get a Lyft ping.

BigRedDriver

Have you noticed any difference in clientele? Like, is one, um, higher class than the other?
Not really. But I have noticed that Lyft pax tip more on average.

I also have posted that one day 80% of my rides will be Uber, the next 80% will be Lyft. It is rare that they are close to 50/50. So strange.
personally Lyft had way more cancellations than Uber. I uninstalled Lyft
It depends on the day for me. Monday was incredible for Lyft cancellations. Thursday and Friday I had none.

Can’t answer as to why.

horsesemen

I live near the airport in Cleveland. I prefer to just sit in the rideshare lot and pick up incoming flight passengers. For example, today, I get off my main job at 4. Then I'll head straight to the airport, stop at the gas station, take a dump, buy a monster, then wait for a ping from the airport.

Ping.Me.More

I’ve never done Lyft in foreground as I’ve heard (but never tested it so it could be wrong) Uber times out if It’s in background.
I have an iPhone6+ ... I often run Uber & Lyft apps simultaneosly in background ... The only problem I get is when I receive a ping from both of them at the same time (rare, but it happens in busy areas).
The competing pings will lock-up my phone screen so that I'm unable to accept or decline the ping
from either app, so both pings then eventually time-out.

mbd

I live near the airport in Cleveland. I prefer to just sit in the rideshare lot and pick up incoming flight passengers. For example, today, I get off my main job at 4. Then I'll head straight to the airport, stop at the gas station, take a dump, buy a monster, then wait for a ping from the airport.
Good strategy...buying a monster after the dump... this way you are enjoying the monster more inside your body . You drink, then dump, monster not inside the body

BigRedDriver

I have an iPhone6+ ... I often run Uber & Lyft apps simultaneosly in background ... The only problem I get is when I receive a ping from both of them at the same time (rare, but it happens in busy areas).
The competing pings will lock-up my phone screen so that I'm unable to accept or decline the ping
from either app, so both pings then eventually time-out.
iPhone 5s here. Never ran into that problem must be incredibly annoying!

reg barclay

Have you noticed any difference in clientele? Like, is one, um, higher class than the other?
If there's any difference in clientele it's gonna be location specific. So any experiences members have had in one State, or even city/town, won't necessarily match others.
It makes no difference which one is in the foreground. Personal preference.
This. I've had times where I've had one or the other in the background depending on various things. For me it it mostly hinges on what works best to be able to quickly screen incoming pings from both.

jhearcht

After a year of just UBER, I added LYFT a couple of weeks ago. I was surprised to find a distinct difference in clientele. On UBER a typical passenger is picked-up in a wealthy neighborhood of single family homes, and dropped-off at a bar or restaurant. On LYFT the typical passenger is picked-up after work at a bar or restaurant, and dropped-off at a subsidized-housing apartment complex. Some of those minimum wage workers live many miles from their jobs, and rack-up significant transportation costs for commuting via rideshare. I don't know why the class of riders would be so different, except perhaps that UBER somehow locked-in the wealthier customers(early adopters) before LYFT came along to pick-up leftovers. Just guessing. "Your mileage may vary".

Of course, this could be just a statistical disparity that will even out over time. But several passengers have said they've heard that LYFT treats drivers better than UBER. UBER did indeed get a bad-boy rep, due to lots of negative press for its aggressive business tactics. But that makes little difference to the drivers. So far, I haven't noticed any significant pros or cons, except that I seriously dislike the LYFT driver app.