1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured How do you deal with jaywalkers?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Leonard818, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Leonard818

Leonard818 Active Member

They colonized in venice and downtown area in los angeles and really dangerous for moving traffic. Today one jumped front of me on green light riding skateboard and holding dogs leash! Classic.
    They think their low shelf stuff smells like rose, annoying the people with begging change. After metro coming to santa monica they just doubled. Their aas should kicked out to middle of the desert!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    tohunt4me likes this.
  2. BardleDooMamo

BardleDooMamo Active Member

Leave it for the police to handle. a-how-many-times-dolwe-have-to-tellyou-jaywalking-can-get-you-19003734.png

3. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Honk? Not sure there's much you can do.

TheCoach likes this.
  4. Fuber in their faces

Fuber in their faces Well-Known Member

Horn plus finger. Or if slow enough I yell out, "that's not a walk sign...actually, that's what we call a 'don't walk' sign. It means to be the **** still until it changes to a walk sign..." And I will go on and on until I can burn rubber in frustration

Imonous likes this.
  5. RulesUnderstood

RulesUnderstood Active Member

I blow my horn so long it blows out their eardrums. I do not slow down even one tiny bit. Aim right in my lane, no change, as if they aren't there. Haven't seen one yet who doesn't get the hell out of the way. Then I love to roll down the window as I'm blowing by and call them names. Total deserve to be told they are. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2017

6. Leonard818

Leonard818 Active Member

Once i spitted on one jaywalking on left arrow. He seemed like barely walking. once i busted it on his neck, he turned to roaring lion. Wrooooommm took off.

7. Fargle

Fargle Member

In Bellingham, WA, we have ordinary jaywalkers. We also have morons who sit on the pavement in parking spaces. At one nightclub, the owner seems to think that the best thing to do about this is to put out bollards to block off the parking lanes thereby causing traffic snarls on the main drag

8. Terri Lee

Terri Lee Active Member

Since you're in LA, let me respond to that.
    In the late 60s, if a pedestrian stepped into the street; traffic stopped in both directions. It was the law.
    I was in LA for a week in 2007 and noticed that was no longer the case. Asked a cop about and he told me, "Oh no, they don't stop."
    But, I'm sure it is still the case everywhere that pedestrians have the right of way.Despite all the idiotic responses you've received here.

Demon and NYGUY like this.
  9. Fargle

Fargle Member

Back when I lived in southern California, I was told that the instant a pedestrian steps into the street, they have the right of way. I was also told that cops would dress up in silly costumes and do the hokey-pokey on corners to get someone to drive by when the cop had his foot on the pavement. Then he'd radio to his buddies who'd go bust said driver.

10. Brett090

Brett090 New Member

I end up cursing most of them out then realize they don't even speak english.

11. RulesUnderstood

That isn't legal and would never hold up in any court. If someone is walking against the light, they are violating law. One can blow their horn (Well gosh, your honor, they almost caused me to have an accident, being unexpectedly in the crosswalk against the light and sign), and also drive past them, as long as you don't hit them. Recent case history in DC, dumbass woman jumped the light turning with a baby, driver ran his side of the light, just turned red...killed baby in stroller, woman lived. So sad.

Still makes you feel better. In DC, the ones doing it most understand English from the ghetto just fine.

If a driver hits them, they could prevail in court, but there is plenty to back the driver. But a driver doesn't have to stop if somebody is not out in the middle, as long as the driver can go around them and remain within his lane.

12. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator Moderator

I jaywalk, I'll admit it. But I'm usually very cs

Because in other instances, even when the green light indicates I have a right of way; the driver making a left turn still thinks it's okay to honk at me because I'm walking in a GREEN light.

It can be the same on another part of that intersection where the driver is turning right instead and again, I have green light.

Drivers break the rules just like pedestrians but the difference is there's a huge piece of metal protecting the driver, not the pedestrian.

Scoom and TheCoach like this.
  13. RulesUnderstood

In DC, there is almost no light that doesn't also have the countdown and hand. If you're jaywalking, you don't have the timer, whether or not the light is green. Sometimes there IS a green light, but the pedestrian doesn't have the right of way until the indicator shows it's your turn, because it's giving time for those cars to make their turns.

60 pedestrian fatalities average annually in DC from jaywalkers.

mKat likes this.
  14. Salesbig

Salesbig New Member

I drive in Manhattan. Just be patient. Lol.

15. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX

16. sellkatsell44

sellkatsell44 Moderator Moderator

I know the rules well and I know it's different in DC than in San Francisco. In San Francisco we have that as well, both the usual 3 color lights and then the stick figure one and if it's not green on stick figure I wouldn't walk.

It's green on both and the driver still tries to cut me off rather then letting me cross and waiting until there is no pedestrians because he doesn't have the right of way.

17. Stripzip

Stripzip Active Member

In Vegas we lay on the horn, or just run them over. Pedestrian is usually found at fault here.

18. SEPA_UberDude

SEPA_UberDude Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Honking and yelling doesn't work anymore in Philly. The idiots will step off the curb right into the street wearing headphones while staring at their phone as though they're the only living creature on earth.

19. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    A few hit & runs takes care of jaywalking. Crossing the street is dangerous as heck here. Road rage shootings are occurring this summer.

RulesUnderstood likes this.
  20. driverx.nj

driverx.nj Active Member

Not a GOOD IDEA to assault someone like that for Jaywalking.

:p:p