How do you cope with stress?

Benalepsy87

Driving can be a very stressful job. From dealing with @@@@@@ pax, to insane LA traffic, etc.

What do you do to relax your mind once you take that last trip of the day? Personally, I've recently tried meditation and hiking. I meditated for about 1 hour today and went for a 45 minute hike. Afterwards I felt amazing. It was my first time trying it.

painfreepc

Driving can be a very stressful job. From dealing with ****** pax, to insane LA traffic, etc.

What do you do to relax your mind once you take that last trip of the day? Personally, I've recently tried meditation and hiking. I meditated for about 1 hour today and went for a 45 minute hike. Afterwards I felt amazing. It was my first time trying it.
The one thing I take an actual break, like a real job right now I am sitting here just west of downtown LA at Yogurtland having me a yogurt surfing the net texting to you relaxing for about a half-hour, also when I get tired of dealing with people I deliver food for maybe an hour or two take another break then go back to picking up passengers,

When i am at Hermosa Beach or Manhattan Beach I get my ass out of the car and I walk down to the beach and listen to the ocean waves very relaxing,

don't sit in your car like a God damn zombie all day long, that's actually why I have this thing in my rules where I say you know get out and open the door you do that for you you don't do that for your passengers

Benalepsy87

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Also, I should note that I recently completely quit smoking the herb. That was my go to method after going home for the day.

Personally, it got to the point where I was smoking way too much and once I'd get done working, that's all I'd do. So it wasn't for me, although I did it for 13 years.

Last edited:

Benalepsy87

The one thing I take an actual break, like a real job right now I am sitting here just west of downtown LA at Yogurtland having me a yogurt surfing the net texting to you relaxing for about a half-hour, also when I get tired of dealing with people I deliver food for maybe an hour or two take another break then go back to picking up passengers,

When i am at Hermosa Beach or Manhattan Beach I get my ass out of the car and I walk down to the beach and listen to the ocean waves very relaxing,

don't sit in your car like a God damn zombie all day long, that's actually why I have this thing in my rules where I say you know get out and open the door you do that for you you don't do that for your passengers
Nice. Yeah I should definitely get out of my car more. I've stopped in Malibu a couple of times and that was ridiculously stress relieving.

Benalepsy87

Have a career goal in mind and know that with every ride there's a bit more money to get you there. And that eventually this whole Guber gig will end and you life can be normal again.
That's something a lot of people have but not me. I'm that guy who can't work a regular job, and that's why I'm a driver. I'll be the first to admit, the 9-5 isn't for me unless it's on my own terms. I am NOT a people person at all whatsoever, but I've found that driving suits me because I only have to deal with each pax for a few minutes, and I can go offline whenever I want. However, I may eventually start my own business of some kind. Probably not anytime soon.

KekeLo

I like:oopsies:

Uberbrethren

It is an isolating job and dealing with the company can be dehumanizing. It's just the nature of the gig. Us drivers have to take care of ourselves and be sure to take the necessary time to stay grounded and not desensitized to the world around us. Going to a park, or beach or place that makes you smile is important.

hbdope

I used to ride 40 miles on my bike every weekend on Marvin Braude trail but I gained a few pounds driving uber/studying. Usually a weightlifting session with cardio does the trick but last time I went so hard I almost fainted.

Also, Tsukemen from Silver lake ramen relaxes me or taking a break from driving to study in a coffeshop in k-town. I'm very much a people person though, so when I get a pax that I get along with my day automatically becomes better.

Last edited:

Amsoil Uber Connect

Half a Vitinum B-50 every other day, and a St. Johns Wart everyday.

And Exercise releases Dopamine ? in the brain, which makes a person fell better.

I use to feel great after practice leaving the motocross track, but by the time I got home the aches and pains were setting in. Oh well, the fun factor was worth it.

Last edited:

hbdope

Half a Vitinum B-50 every other day, and a St. Johns Wart everyday.

And Exercise releases Dopamine ? in the brain, which makes a person fell better.

I use to feel great after practice leaving the motocross track, but by the time I got home the aches and pains were setting in. Oh well, the fun factor was worth it.

Definitely. Exercise does produce short term euphoria (runner's high) and has multiple other benefits. Not too long ago there was an article saying about the similarities of the high compared to recreational drugs due to the effects of opioid receptors in the brain amongst other receptors and protein production from exercise. I've personally found that I have a clear head, I'm able to focus for longer periods of time and my memory have increased from exercise...in particular long distance cycling.

www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-compass-pleasure/201104/exercise-pleasure-and-the-brain

Benalepsy87

I'm going to go back to running every day. I've found that I feel a million times better if I get some major cardio in at some point, and I always sleep a billion times better if I've done cardio at some point during the day. I pass right out at night. Also, I totally know what you mean about being able to focus better. Time to put my gym membership to use again. I may do an hour of cardio followed by meditation.

Optimus Uber

Driving can be a very stressful job. From dealing with ****** pax, to insane LA traffic, etc.

I come on the forum and tell people they're stupid. Seems to help me relax.

XUberMike

1.) Hookers
2.) Handing out 1-stars like PEZ
3.) Cancelling at 5.01

Also, I should note that I recently completely quit smoking the herb.
Like basil & oregano?