Uber Drivers Forum banner

How do you cancel a ride if its a No - Show

1K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  rubyuber 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Worked last night and I had a Pax in Downtown, arrived at the club and the App displayed the "Rider has been alerted".... They took close to 10 minutes to show up...

What should I do next time to cancel safely? Do I have to hit the confirm button and then wait 5 min and then cancel?

Thanks guys!

#4 ·
Hey Folks,

Worked last night and I had a Pax in Downtown, arrived at the club and the App displayed the "Rider has been alerted".... They took close to 10 minutes to show up...

What should I do next time to cancel safely? Do I have to hit the confirm button and then wait 5 min and then cancel?

Thanks guys!
Hi the confirmed you have arrived. Wait 5 minutes, slowly drive off and cancel at the 6 minute mark to be safe. Uber will not pay the cancel fee if you cancel at 4:59.

You get the cancel fee minus Ubers 20-25%

#8 ·
Reply on the app. to notify them.

Setup your stop watch app in your phone and start it is soon as the screen changes. I've set set mine at 4:30 seconds. cause it could be 30 seconds, by the time i'm actually in front of the location. I don't do this for everyone. Depends on the location and there rating.

#10 ·
Oh and if they ping you again,... let it time out. No good rating is coming if you accept and complete the trip.

Reactions: More Cowbell
#14 ·
Pax have been charged cancel fees in Houston, but drivers get nothing. Members here have confirmed and even tested themselves. I called Uber out on it last night and they flat out deny it. Every now and then you can complain and get the right rep via email and get a fee, but maybe 1 in 10, is guess.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.