1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do the ants wake up at 4 am

Discussion in 'Advice' started by mbd, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Side Hustle

Side Hustle

Driving:
    UberX
    That is a fact

Rakos, OzzyOzuber and peteyvavs like this.
  2. The real question should be how long after you put clothes and makeup on do you actually start driving, my guess 9am lol.

Aw Jeez likes this.
  3. Babies, are you kidding, their not only expensive they suck the life out of you.

4. welikecamping

welikecamping

Driving:
    Lyft
    Often I'm up by 3 am, cannot help myself. Haven't used an alarm clock in a couple of decades. Usually I will go out into the living room and watch CNN for the latest buffoonery from the hill until around 4, then hit the road by 5.

5. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    Go to bed at 900 PM. It's easier then.

6. mbd

mbd

If you start at 4 am, do you take a small nap around slow time, like 10 am or 2 pm, 20-30 minutes nap, then walk around for few minutes???

7. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    I used to power nap around 100-300 PM for about 15-45 minutes between pings.

8. mbd

mbd

I am going to guess that phone in your chest when power napping, and when ping arrives , you are totally discombobulated,phone flying and accidentally you hit decline:)

9. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    Nope.......I left it in the dashboard bracket. No problems at all.

10. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    That may be true for some people, but if I learned one thing from over two decades in the military, it was how to operate quickly and efficiently. Out of the shower to ready to walk out the door is no more than 15 minutes. Just trying to look professional, not trying to get laid.
    They're work for sure, but totally worth it.

Rakos and dauction like this.
  11. Been there, done that, I’ll pass the mantle to you lol.

Rakos likes this.
  12. streetkings01

streetkings01

Driving:
    UberXL
    Get up........go pee....wash your face......brush your teeth. After all that you'll be wide awake.

13. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    My alarm is set for 3 and the apps get turned on at 3:30

14. I drive the drunk crowd so I’m normally still awake at 4 am.
    Catch the late night party surges and the early morning airport surges ;)

15. If you sleep in your car, your are always 1/2 awake. Waiting for that next Ping. Most airport uber lots are 24/7.

John Campbell likes this.
  16. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    If I wasn't married, I'd drive from 1000 PM until 1000 AM. Probably make $250 easily each shift.

17. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    This is the result you get...

When you are young...

And the alarm goes off...

Your beautiful young wife pounces...8>O

And then 4am becomes 7am....8>)

Soo much for 4am....8>O

Oh...and after the babies come along...

Don't worry you won't get ANY sleep...

So then you won't need an alarm clock...8>)

RESOLVED...!

Rakos
    Copy of 93ffd24ce9a41ff1b27547120cf8ed02.jpg

18. How do ants get up at 4:00 a.m.? It's..."easy." You just have to train yourself to get up that early...and to exist on less sleep than you think you need. We're all conditioned by these studies that conclude that people "need" eight or nine hours of sleep each day. We believe it and take it as a fact even though we've never really experimented to find out how little sleep we can get and still function. Some of my friends firmly state that they need *at least* nine hours. I'm, like, "You're sleeping your life away, Johnny!"

All my life I've worked in a field (aviation) that requires employees to be at work and ready to go 30 minutes before sunrise. After 30 years of doing this type of work, my body just sort of normally wakes up around four a.m. I go to bed around eleven p.m., and I usually get around five hours of sleep. I've been doing it so long that I'm convinced that people don't really need as much sleep as they think. Because I don't. And what goes for me should go for everyone, right? Right? Funny thing is, if I go out partying and come home at three a.m., I'll still wake up around six. It's annoying. It bugs me that I cannot "sleep-in" but it's true. Force of habit, I guess.

There was a time when I had to have a nap in the afternoon if I got "only" five hours of sleep. But I think it's because I wasn't sleeping very well at the time. Now, I'm (a lot) older and I don't need the afternoon siesta anymore. Weird.

So now, when I wake up I just get up and go out driving. Sometimes I'll actually get in the car and go around 4:30 or 5:00...other times I'll turn the apps on and have breakfast until the first ping comes in.

It's all about what you're used to and what you want to accomplish. YMMV. In my dinky town, if I woke up late and didn't start driving until late (9:00 or so) when every other ant was out and about, I'd never make any money.

MadTownUberD likes this.
  19. ANT 7

ANT 7

Driving:
    UberX
    You learn what amount of sleep works for you.

I need 6 hours. Any more is a luxury, any less isn't a good idea. YMMV.

Rakos and MadTownUberD like this.
  20. warrior lady

warrior lady

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm ONLY awake at 4 am IF I"m still out driving from the night before...Otherwise I'm not awake until later in the morning.

Rakos likes this.