1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do the ants wake up at 4 am

Discussion in 'Advice' started by mbd, Jan 7, 2019.

1. You could get a woman pregnant and have a baby. They are usually up and down all night for the first 6 months or so. You would already be awake from the 4am feeding.

2. Get a woman pregnant, HELL NO, that’s a job for Guber.

Side Hustle likes this.
  3. I get up 4 am every morning to take a whiz, then right back to bed.

Rakos likes this.
  4. TomTheAnt

TomTheAnt

Driving:
    UberX
    Like a clockwork. :D

Then again..., if I DO have my alarm set to go off at 4am, there's probably a reason for it. Hence, I get up a few minutes later and go do what I was supposed to be doing. Pretty simple, actually...

5. jazzapt

jazzapt

At 4 am I have already been up for an hour.

6. cocaine? God I'm driving for uber I dont even go to Starbucks LOL

peteyvavs likes this.
  7. Make your alarm ringtone an Uber or Lyft ping sound.

You'll jump out of bed!

ezgif-2-3aa55694be4b.gif

Slim Pete, Rakos, Aw Jeez and 2 others like this.
  8. I don't bother waking up at any particular time to drive. I get up when my body has been sufficiently rested. There is always enough demand to make it worth my while, any time of day. That's the best thing about doing a gig like this, make your our schedule and hours.

I've gotten up early in the past, but find that I'm not rested enough, I get tired sooner, struggle towards the end, and/or driving is less enjoyable. If I awake naturally, or when I'm fully rested, I enjoy my driving, the pax, and can stay behind the wheel much longer. The 'enjoying' aspect seems to greatly increase my tips.

Rakos likes this.
  9. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Easy answer: To be up to work at 4am, I get up at 3am. (No alarm clock, but my cat often makes sure I'm awake) I need time to shower, dress, get my makeup done, and have some coffee while the car warms up.

Rakos, MadTownUberD and Tarvus like this.
  10. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Kindly: when you start receiving threats from creditors, and IF you care, then you will get up!

Cableguynoe likes this.
  11. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    If you get her prego, you may have to revise that wakeup time to 1 or 2am. Babies are expensive as hell, and you're going to need to work overtime to cover those expenses.

doyousensehumor and Rakos like this.
  12. Drivincrazy

Drivincrazy

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm up at midnight to 2:30 am most the time. I'm in LV...I go to bed at 6:30pm Saturday evenings. After coffee, I'm ready to go.

13. kc ub'ing!

kc ub'ing!

I’m rarely asleep before 1-2am. Been that way since high school. It’s real difficult for me but every time I’ve started at 4:30am, it’s been profitable. Sittin on $60-80 in my market before 9:00am is a pretty swell feeling. But the siren call of the Springair pillow top more often than not wins out. Specially on these chilly mornings!

Rakos likes this.
  14. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Raise multiple children

Rakos and reg barclay like this.
  15. mbd

mbd

But how does 1-2 minute of sleep at 4 am turn into 3 hours of sleep
    u/l pays 2.85 on a run, then 3 hours later it does not turn into 28.50$

16. Alarm goes off, he says just a couple more minutes, goes back to and then sleeps to 7am.

17. glenga75

glenga75

Sure, next time you’ll see a friend it will be 2025

MadTownUberD likes this.
  18. Go to bed at 6 p.m. Wake up eight hours later around 3 a.m. Eat breakfast etc. Go.
    How do morning TV anchors show up to work for the 6 a.m. news show?

MadTownUberD likes this.
  19. mbd

mbd

Today I did better, 4 am alarm on, wake up at 6.16 am... big improvement
    By next week, it should be closer to 4 am.:)
    Sorry to say to all the fellow ants, I will be taking away 1-2 runs from my fellow ants next week. It will be just for 1 day only. So do not panic.

GT500KR and MadTownUberD like this.