• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do the ants wake up at 4 am

TomTheAnt

I get up 4 am every morning to take a whiz, then right back to bed.
Like a clockwork. :biggrin:

Then again..., if I DO have my alarm set to go off at 4am, there's probably a reason for it. Hence, I get up a few minutes later and go do what I was supposed to be doing. Pretty simple, actually...

Steve_TX

i set the alarm for 4am,last 2 days, and then decided to sleep for 1-2 extra minutes, and it is 7 am, both days . It should be 4.02 am, but somehow it is 7 am

How can you wake up at 4 am ??? And not go back to sleep
I don't bother waking up at any particular time to drive. I get up when my body has been sufficiently rested. There is always enough demand to make it worth my while, any time of day. That's the best thing about doing a gig like this, make your our schedule and hours.

I've gotten up early in the past, but find that I'm not rested enough, I get tired sooner, struggle towards the end, and/or driving is less enjoyable. If I awake naturally, or when I'm fully rested, I enjoy my driving, the pax, and can stay behind the wheel much longer. The 'enjoying' aspect seems to greatly increase my tips.

Fozzie

Easy answer: To be up to work at 4am, I get up at 3am. (No alarm clock, but my cat often makes sure I'm awake) I need time to shower, dress, get my makeup done, and have some coffee while the car warms up.

Fozzie

You could get a woman pregnant and have a baby. They are usually up and down all night for the first 6 months or so. You would already be awake from the 4am feeding.
If you get her prego, you may have to revise that wakeup time to 1 or 2am. Babies are expensive as hell, and you're going to need to work overtime to cover those expenses.

Drivincrazy

I'm up at midnight to 2:30 am most the time. I'm in LV...I go to bed at 6:30pm Saturday evenings. After coffee, I'm ready to go.

kc ub'ing!

I’m rarely asleep before 1-2am. Been that way since high school. It’s real difficult for me but every time I’ve started at 4:30am, it’s been profitable. Sittin on $60-80 in my market before 9:00am is a pretty swell feeling. But the siren call of the Springair pillow top more often than not wins out. Specially on these chilly mornings!

mbd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
But how does 1-2 minute of sleep at 4 am turn into 3 hours of sleep
u/l pays 2.85 on a run, then 3 hours later it does not turn into 28.50$

mbd

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Today I did better, 4 am alarm on, wake up at 6.16 am... big improvement
By next week, it should be closer to 4 am.:smiles:
Sorry to say to all the fellow ants, I will be taking away 1-2 runs from my fellow ants next week. It will be just for 1 day only. So do not panic.