How do I skip without penalization

I sometimes get a ping from 30 minutes away. Can I cancel these without being penalized? I had this happen twice and the customer has canceled twice. This is fine but if I pick up a pax from thirty minutes away, I've already used a gallon of fuel, you know where I'm going from here. If they only go a couple of miles, it might not be worth it for a driver 30 minutes away to be the one to pick them up and the pax should go to a driver that is closer.

Sacto Burbs

Welcome to the forum, and the Sacramento sub-forum.

Learn to skip, read my signature. Your instincts are right, never drive more than 5 minutes, 10 minutes in the suburbs

XUberMike

Well sell your ring to cover your UBER losses that will stem from driving more than 10 minutes for a PAX. Ten minutes max unless it is in the direction you're traveling. Riders will cancel on you the minute another car comes online or they fall fast asleep in 30 minutes so you get $5.00 for 35 minutes.

If UBER and the PAX wants/need us to travel 30 minutes give us a guarantee of a $1.00 a minute for travel. Supply & Demand, I have what you need so pay the piper.

Sacto Burbs

Skip fast enough and you are OK. You have 10 seconds so you will have no trouble after the first two skips.

Make sure you choose the Other cancel option.

Last edited: