How do I request you?

a_Magillacutty

Whenever a friend or family member finds out I drive for Uber/Lyft, I always get the same dumb question: How do I request you?

I’m not sure why it upsets me so much, but how is it that after being around for so long now, people seriously don’t know the basic idea of how rideshare works?

I’ve actually had friends message me and ask me to come to them so they can request. If we’re friends I’ll give a ride for free, assuming it’s not a ridiculous distance.

Do you guys get this stuff too?

tomatopaste

Whenever a friend or family member finds out I drive for Uber/Lyft, I always get the same dumb question: How do I request you?

I’m not sure why it upsets me so much, but how is it that after being around for so long now, people seriously don’t know the basic idea of how rideshare works?

I’ve actually had friends message me and ask me to come to them so they can request. If we’re friends I’ll give a ride for free, assuming it’s not a ridiculous distance.

Many times I've driven a pax 30 miles or so to do some shopping that'll take 15 or 20 minutes, so I offer to take them back when they're done. I go get something to eat in the meantime. Uber should make it easier for pax to request a certain driver, especially when they're actually in your car. Too often, even when they're sitting in my car it will ping another driver. What's up with that?

a_Magillacutty

I wish the rideshare companies had a favorite driver option. Something where pax can favorite up to 3 drivers and if they’re nearby they got priority pings. I’m willing to bet it would improve service.

Also, when my friends/coworkers need a ride, as soon as they get in I say “You know people normally pay me to do this.” Guaranteed laugh.

Alidean

I always tells them depends on when and where your going. I have a few that make it well worth my while to take them to concerts/events without even turning on the app. Rather have someone they trust getting them in and out of the city

DeplorableDonald

Very few people know I Uber. However a friend of my mom's knew and a few times asked me if she could have me be her Uber for a doctor's appointment. She lives in Bethesda, going to Rockville. I live in VA so coming over specifically for that one ride wouldn't be worth it. She meant well as she was trying to give me 'business' as opposed to some random member of Team Camry. I wound up taking her just because she's my mom's friend.

My ex-girlfriend would also do that, back when afternoon rush hour Boost was decent. She would call a little after 5:00 P.M. and say 'where are you?' She would want me to pick her up at the Reagan Building at 14th & Constitution and take her to Huntington Metro. Usually I wound up taking her. She never quite grasped that was one of the few times when I could actually make a little money. There's a reason she's an ex-girlfriend...:rolleyes:

Bmore Driver

My answer is this.. Use the bat signal. Done

Freddie Blimeau

I get it all the time, especially from the lady passengers I go home with. I guess they think making me have a nice day entitles them to a lifetime of free rides. Some have even said they'll pay, so I guess those ladies think I'm at their beck and call, now. They know from our conversations I'm out of town alot, so I don't get what they don't understand about "I can't do it ".