How do I know if I picked up a surge priced pax?

i_k

Today was my first day driving and I was looking at my "Trip History" in the partner app after I got home and was wondering if there is any way to tell if my pax who were riding with me were riding with surge price or reg price. I was driving mostly downtown so I'm pretty sure it was surging at the time but how can I tell for sure if I actually got surge rides? And if I did can I find somewhere how much was it surging when I picked them up?

IERide

When you look at your trip history list there will be a little surge-icon on the ones that were surge rides. Then when you look at the detail for that ride it will show you the surge amount in dollars. I don't think it shows the % of the surge.

i_k

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. I don't see any surge icon next to my trips so they must have been reg price.

Campark

Tap earnings on the bottom.

Then trip history.

Shows more detail. Shows x xl select also like mentioned, if its surge it shows a surge icon.

Hope it helps... takes a bit to learn the app.

UberxGTA

Today was my first day driving and I was looking at my "Trip History" in the partner app after I got home and was wondering if there is any way to tell if my pax who were riding with me were riding with surge price or reg price. I was driving mostly downtown so I'm pretty sure it was surging at the time but how can I tell for sure if I actually got surge rides? And if I did can I find somewhere how much was it surging when I picked them up?
Make sure you accept all pool rides. You will make the most $ that way.

GaryB

How was your first day? It was my first as well...I drove tonight and it went pretty good. All the people I picked up were alright.

i_k

How was your first day? It was my first as well...I drove tonight and it went pretty good. All the people I picked up were alright.
It went well thanks. I did my second day today and just had a few minor problems with the app not beeping when I got requests. Or a couple of times after I accepted request nothing happened, no pick up location. But I just rebooted my phone and it worked fine then. Still doesn't beep sometimes when I get a request but that sound is annoying anyway so it's all good. Nice passengers so far nobody's been rude.

tohunt4me

They will complain a lot and rate you low.

Then you will know.

Reactions: i_k

GaryB

It went well thanks. I did my second day today and just had a few minor problems with the app not beeping when I got requests. Or a couple of times after I accepted request nothing happened, no pick up location. But I just rebooted my phone and it worked fine then. Still doesn't beep sometimes when I get a request but that sound is annoying anyway so it's all good. Nice passengers so far nobody's been rude.
Yeh, mine did not make a sound either a few times so I had to make sure to keep an eye on the phone. I like the sound because I don't want to miss a ride. Something might be wrong....what phone do you have? I have the iphone 5.

i_k

Yeh, mine did not make a sound either a few times so I had to make sure to keep an eye on the phone. I like the sound because I don't want to miss a ride. Something might be wrong....what phone do you have? I have the iphone 5.
That's true I did miss one ride because it didn't beep, I saw it at the last second but I tapped it just too late. I have an iphone 5s.