How do I get out of the airport queue?

ET1062

I refuse to work the airport however I have no problem dropping people off there. My problem is once the PAX is dropped off it puts me in the damn queue. I drive away from the airport, still in the queue, I turn of the app while still driving away, still in the queue, I reboot the app, still in the queue, I reboot my phone, still in the queue all still way driving away and no longer near the airport. How do I get out????

golfinganddriving

I refuse to work the airport however I have no problem dropping people off there. My problem is once the PAX is dropped off it puts me in the damn queue. I drive away from the airport, still in the queue, I turn of the app while still driving away, still in the queue, I reboot the app, still in the queue, I reboot my phone, still in the queue all still way driving away and no longer near the airport. How do I get out????
I dont think you need to worry about that. It will still pick up normal nearby pings in the area you are driving to I believe.

bmedle

As of tonight/this morning, I'm no longer being dumped in the queue after dropping off a pax. I guess the geniuses rubbed some brain cells together and fixed it. The "automatic queue" thing might have been discouraging drivers to get in the actual queue, what with the inflated number of drivers who were just dropping off. Much to the detriment of those of us who don't sit at the airport.

Bubsie

Yes I had a drop off this morning and no auto queue. They must have modified the geofencing to only add you when you actually turn off the main loop into the rideshare lot.

ROCuberguy585

I took a fare from RIT to the Buffalo Airport today (for an additional cash tip of course). 2 things from this trip:
1. I can't believe the Buffalo queue 22-24 cars midway through Tuesday afternoon, that's like the most I've ever seen in the Rochester queue
Screenshot_2017-11-21-14-09-48.png
2. I was automatically placed in the queue in the process of driving along the outer road by Genesee to the exit, I remained in it until after I turned right on transit to go the Kwik Fill right there, a solid 5 mins.

I also did happen to get a ping while driving to my Mom's to suprise her. I cancelled it promptly after seeing the directions were taking me to Clarence High School (I should have recognized the address but it's been a few years). I guess I could have gone and seen if it was a student or not but didn't feel like wasting time if I might have had to cancel when I was trying to catch my mom at home (yes, I'm a mommy's boy, so what?) Do you guys get a lot of underage riders out your way? I get a fair amount in Fairport but usually turn them down. I actually have only had 1 student in 3 pickups at Fairport High School but I didn't feel like going out of my way for a 33% chance I'd have to cancel.

Bubsie

Im in the honeyhole of the airport queue now. Was 9 in there when I checked earlier, up to 13 when I got here. I'm hoping I get a big whale to Del Largo but will prob get some 3.66 minimum ride instead.

Merc7186

Only 22 cars in the queue, they must have had a big run at 1 point as usually during the afternoon in the middle of the week it gets up to the mid thirties. He'll even right now there's three people in the queue and there's another flight in till 6 am... LOL

ROCuberguy585

Well I think that will be my last daliance with the airport queue. Waited over an hour for a ride to the city for less than $10.
I've said before, it's only worth it if it's almost empty and flights just landed (aren't about to land). Waiting more than 15 minutes at anyone place for a ride is a waste, and Ubering from your couch sucks cause you can't truly relax.
Only 22 cars in the queue, they must have had a big run at 1 point as usually during the afternoon in the middle of the week it gets up to the mid thirties. He'll even right now there's three people in the queue and there's another flight in till 6 am... LOL
That was it, 23 when I took the screen shot up to 24 briefly, down to 22 by the time I reached Transit. Still way deeper than ours, wasn't about to waste my time their.