• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How do I get cars to show up on the Uber passenger app map?

JBinPenfield

I'm a new driver. I downloaded the passenger app so that I could see how many other Uber drivers are near me and select a waiting location that was well away from everyone else. But no other cars show up on the map. I can't find any activation button for that feature.

AllGold

The closest 6 or 8 cars (depending on the market) should automatically show up in the Uber rider app without you having to do anything special. The only two exceptions I can think of are if your cell service is bad and it can't connect to load the data, or if there are actually no Ubers in the area.

Trafficat

The closest 6 or 8 cars (depending on the market) should automatically show up in the Uber rider app without you having to do anything special. The only two exceptions I can think of are if your cell service is bad and it can't connect to load the data, or if there are actually no Ubers in the area.

At a minimum you should see your own car if you are online.

surlywynch

If you're on android, side load an older version and set it to not auto-update the app. No need to enter a destination to see ants. I think any version prior to Oct 2016 will do what you want.

JBinPenfield

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks. In recent days the app has been showing cards even when I don't type in a destination. Even, in one case, a car that definitely wasn't there (see my post about "phantom" cars in the general tech section if interested).