How do I get a quest?

OldBay

Ive been ubering 3+ weeks, there are only consecutive trip promotions for bad parts of town. What do I need to do to "unlock" quests.

Irishjohn831

Here’s what you don’t do.

Caller: this is uber customer support, you are eligible for a bonus of $200.00 as a new driver thanks to the great job your doing. We will deposit $200.00 within 24 hours, we just need your username and password to verify this transaction.

New driver: that’s great, I knew u was doing a great job. What about quests ?

Caller: ok, let’s get you all set up for quests, but first your username and password.

ND: it’s ......

ND in 10 mins : why is my weekly earnings at zero ?

25rides7daysaweek

Ive been ubering 3+ weeks, there are only consecutive trip promotions for bad parts of town. What do I need to do to "unlock" quests.
You probably need to get more rides under your belt. Consecutive trips are all over the city here in chicago. That's where all the rides happen to be too...

JimKE

You don't unlock quests...they are handed out in markets where Uber feels it is not over saturated enough.
It's also a matter of time. I don't know if they give them to new drivers, but I didn't get my first one until I'd been driving about 1 1/2 years. They start out good, but as soon as you do a couple, they start reducing the amounts.

TomTheAnt

As mentioned, those are market dependent. I didn’t get mine until I was about six weeks in. Not really worth it for me to chase them constantly since I’m a part timer, but sometimes I do enjoy the extra boost.

Wasted_Days

you've already fallen for and are currently under uber voodoo spell. never, ever...ever do this gig in hopes of and/or anticipation of bonuses in any form U/L presents them, it's a trick, a scam designed to manipulate you into doing things veteran drivers simply won't do i.e. drive in sketchy areas at sketchy times etc. set yourself a daily goal and try to achieve it, if bonuses of any ilk are garnered as a result, terrific, if not, so what, you got what you needed, which is the best any of us can hope for with rate reductions coming in waves. JMO as a driver with 5k trips to someone claiming 3+weeks.

DriverMark

I worked for Uber for year and half before I ever saw a quest here in Salt Lake. They have been running them weekly here since December. But, my assumption is that Lyft has been hitting this area very hard with promotions for riders and such. Uber probably started feeling market share squeeze. Uber runs quests weekly now during the top peak times. Morning rush and Fri/Sat bar closings. They range from $2-$5 per ride. Last weekend it ran from 10pm-2am for extra $5 per ride. From 1am-2am, Base + Surge + Quest I run $50+/hr. 10pm-1am run $25-40ish/hr. Lots of drivers don't like the drunks, but that is where the best money is. At least in this market.

Lyft promotions are not only by market, but are also driver specific. For example, I sometimes get Lyft streaks or their bonus zone (forget the name exactly now) but my wife won't get them. Or vise versa.