How difficult is the exam after 24hr class?

Inshur

Mia2016

I've recently applied for TLC license. Now I'm planning to take the test that's based on 24-class. I wonder how difficult it would be for me to pass especially when I'm too dependent on GPS for NYC roads and streets.

JustDre

As long as you paid attention in class, you should be alright. As for the maps section, just learn HOW to read the map and you'll be good.....skip all map questions and save them for last. What school did you go to?

RoboMcUber

It's a hilariously cluster##$ of mistakes and useless trivia for example
do you know if a NYPD officer requires a drug test ? The map they have
is full of mistakes the questions that come up are also notoriously wrong
meaning it may be a question which has a address that does not exist, think
of it as though a room full of chimps got together and threw it all together
other than being factually wrong its a huge waste of time the good parts
are the from the defensive driving class, vision zero, coopers law
also the WAV class is very useful on how to handle wheelchair pax
Let me give you a few example questions which came up
1. What was the name of MLK expressway previously ?
2. Great Jaun Street/Great Johnes Street/Great Johns St/ Great Jones St which one is correct ?
3. What Park is on the mainland US out of the five boroughs ?
4. What is the name of Meera Joshy's great grand mother and who was her first boy friend ?
5. Name two TLC employees who were secretly working for Uber while being employed by
it and then quit to start immediately working with Uber ? Did they go to jail for conflict of
interest or no ?

I think the test is missing basic math questions which should help the driver
figure out how much money will actually be left in his pocket after all the
expenses, all in all a very easy test that even a 4th grade drop out should
ace with a 100% score (#4 and 5 questions are jokes lol )

valery

Did u just make up these questions?
I am taking my exam tomorrow and I can't answer any of them. Lmao..
Maybe you should give me the answers as well so that I can memorize. lol

valery

If you don't have any advises, there is no point to shake your big head. we're all here to support each other bringing something positive to the community.. a$$ hole!! :smiles:

ubershiza

2. Great Jaun Street/Great Johnes Street/Great Johns St/ Great Jones St which one is correct ?
4. What is the name of Meera Joshy's great grand mother and who was her first boy friend ?
5. Name two TLC employees who were secretly working for Uber while being employed by
it and then quit to start immediately working with Uber ? Did they go to jail for conflict of
interest or no ?

If you answer question 5 right you automatically pass....
it

Mia2016

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
As long as you paid attention in class, you should be alright. As for the maps section, just learn HOW to read the map and you'll be good.....skip all map questions and save them for last. What school did you go to?
Thanks. I thought it would be all geography questions. Btw, I didn't yet enroll in a school. I'm going to do it soon.

Jorlev

Are all the questions answered in A, B, C, D format or is there a written section?

Can anyone say how many sections there are and how many questions in each section (i.e. 10 maps questions, 20 DDC questions, etc)

For questions related to TLC chapters do you have to know the exact statute code ( 55-04) or just the information?

Thanks!!!

ChortlingCrison

interest or no ?

Sounds like Cliff Clavin trivia.

JustDre

There's no sections everything is mixed. There is geography maybe 20 questions but every test is different so its random. If you haven't picked a school yet, I would recommend HANAC in long island city. Good teachers but the highest passing rate school is la guardia but there may be a waiting list on that one

Jorlev

There's no sections everything is mixed. There is geography maybe 20 questions but every test is different so its random. If you haven't picked a school yet, I would recommend HANAC in long island city. Good teachers but the highest passing rate school is la guardia but there may be a waiting list on that one
Thanks for your response. I wasn't referring to actual sections as much has how many questions or what percentage of the exams is allocated to each of the following: map, geography, TLC Rules, DMV Rules, Defensive Driving Course, Wheelchair Access training, etc)

Already matriculated at Kingsborough CC. Hope they're OK. I hear a large portion of the test is english proficiency so I guess I might have that covered.

marcusguber

Thanks. I thought it would be all geography questions. Btw, I didn't yet enroll in a school. I'm going to do it soon.
Ive heard good things about LaGuardia, over the years Ive gathered they are the best. I did my WAV at HANAC and they were adequate but way back I took my 24hr course at Master Cabbie and they seemed to prepare you for the test which was helpful because there are some things on it that are flat out wrong information (at least there was when I took my test years ago) and the instructors at Master Cabbie were aware of it and explained a couple of situations that might come up like that on the test. I dont know how different it is now but thats my 2 cents.

cubert

I'm taking classes in laguardia next week. Exited of course. But man...sitting in a class from 9-6 I'm gonna suicide lol

valery

I am sorry to say, but you are an a$$HOLE and you need to STFU if you dont have anything to say.. MOFOKO

Inshur New York