How did you do today? New reward zone/Boost

Desertrose

Drive 5 hours 35 min. 11 rides. $160.35

I'm on boost. Never was in the area of 2.2. Mostly southeast and northwest.

4aseason

I'm so pulling a 4aseason tomorrow!!!
I know that is right. The key is to get a good start. I live in Gainesville Va right, so I have to be in the reward zone no later than 7:15. If I get someone coming from my way to a airport or DC that's even better. I always screen the pax in the morning on the way up. I call them to be sure they are going in the right direction. If not I say , "okay thanks ", then cancel. LOL!

Ubermanpt

Drove 0 hours and made $0
Not driving for 1.2 boost
I was tempted to go during evening rush hour when surging up in the 3's but didn't want to head out and then get stuck in standstill traffic or miss surge. Worked out instead. Hasn't surged since rush hour so I decided to stay in

Another Uber Driver

They took me off Boost and put me on hourly, but promoted me to Gold (I should be Silver). After to-day, I wish that they had simply left me on Silver and on boost.

The first three pings were all Uber Stool. The first passenger was rude and nasty. The second one left trash in my car. When I told her about it, she swore at me and slammed the door. The third one was on the Mall while I was in Chevy Chase; they did not drop the stick properly. I decided no more Uber Stool for to-day, so, of course, with two exceptions, that is all that it offered me. I declined ten Uber Stools, so my acceptance rate is in the trash, thus I do not qualify for guarantees. On the Boost, you had no acceptance rate requirements.

I get the sneaking suspicion that I am not going to do well on hourly. I did better on Lyft to-day than I did on Uber. Too many Uber Stool requests. I do not like them, I do not need them, I do not want them. They can give them to drivers rated less than 4,6; let them run those obnoxious and cheap passengers. They want limousine service for less than METRObus rates.

New2This

5 hours 15 minutes 13 rides $185

3 pool cancel fees in there as well. One was running after me like she missed the bus. Needless to say I didn't answer when she called.

I LOVE the new 2 minute timer. I wish they'd add a 5 minute timer for UberX.

t5contra

They took me off Boost and put me on hourly, but promoted me to Gold (I should be Silver). After to-day, I wish that they had simply left me on Silver and on boost.

The first three pings were all Uber Stool. The first passenger was rude and nasty. The second one left trash in my car. When I told her about it, she swore at me and slammed the door. The third one was on the Mall while I was in Chevy Chase; they did not drop the stick properly. I decided no more Uber Stool for to-day, so, of course, with two exceptions, that is all that it offered me. I declined ten Uber Stools, so my acceptance rate is in the trash, thus I do not qualify for guarantees. On the Boost, you had no acceptance rate requirements.

I get the sneaking suspicion that I am not going to do well on hourly. I did better on Lyft to-day than I did on Uber. Too many Uber Stool requests. I do not like them, I do not need them, I do not want them. They can give them to drivers rated less than 4,6; let them run those obnoxious and cheap passengers. They want limousine service for less than METRObus rates.

Can you expand on your first pax when you say"rude and nasty", what exactly did he/she say? Or the pax that cursed at you for asking to take their trash. What exactly do they say? What was their ratings, if you recall? I am curious because Ive never had anyone be rude towards me and I drive full time and different hours

kbrown

Dood, hourly sucks. Yoy work the system, don't let the system work you.

First, get to platinum. The money is better than the others.

Then, focus first on weekday rush. $40/hr gross for 6 hours per day is $960 net at a 20% fee. Then, if you focus on a long day Saturday and Sunday, it could be another grand.

Do 1 trip per hour. If you do it the way I described, then you'll hit platinun status by the end of the week.

Pray they move you back to boost. Hourly sucks.

Another Uber Driver

1. Can you expand on your first pax when you say"rude and nasty", what exactly did he/she say?

2. Or the pax that cursed at you for asking to take their trash.

3. What was their ratings, if you recall?

I have my suspicions as to where you are going with this, but, for now, at least, I shall "keep my own counsel", but answer the questions asked.

a. Upon arrival, "What took you so long?" (I was there in less than three minutes after I acknowledged the ping)

b. We came to a street that was closed due to the repaving of an entire block. "You're going to make me late". As I turned to go around the closure "Why are you going this way? You're going to make me late." At that point, I stopped the car and told her that if she kvetched at me any more, I was going to end the trip right there and she could be even more late. I asked what it was going to be. Do I take her to her entered destination and she keeps quiet or do I put her out now? She told me to take her to the destination. I told her that if she gave me any more nonsense, the trip would end, as that last comment was "strike two". She did ask what was the first strike. I told her that it was "What took you so long" and that I should have invited her to summon another Uber right there. She shut up, I took her to the destination, she told me that I was rude. I told her to look in the mirror if she wanted "rude". One star.

2. She was allright when I picked her up. She unwrapped some hard candy, I told her that I had a litter bag for the wrapper, she acknowledged that, but did not give me the wrappers. She proceeded to open an envelope and take things out of it. We got to her destination. I took out the litter bag, turned around as she was opening the door and getting out. I noticed the candy wrappers on the floor and some crumpled paper on the seat and floor, so I said to her "Do not leave your trash in my car, please". Her response was "BLEEP BLEEP YOU! I'LL LEAVE ANYTHING I WANT TO, [ethnic slur combined with epithet that implies an unnatural carnal relationship with a female parent]", followed by a slamming of the door. One star and an e-Mail to Uber requesting that I not see that user again and that I would not haul that user again if I saw her coming to the car.

3. I do not recall the ratings. I do not pay too much attention to ratings, as, usually, they do not match how the passengers treat me. Every once in a while, they do, or, every once in a while I can see why the low rating even if I find the passenger acceptable.

1. Dood, hourly sucks.

2. Yoy work the system, don't let the system work you.

3. First, get to platinum. The money is better than the others.

4. Then, focus first on weekday rush. $40/hr gross for 6 hours per day is $960 net at a 20% fee.

5. Then, if you focus on a long day Saturday and Sunday, it could be another grand.

6. Do 1 trip per hour. If you do it the way I described, then you'll hit platinun status by the end of the week.

7. Pray they move you back to boost. Hourly sucks.

1. I suspected that when I first read about hourly while I was still on boost. In fact, I suspect that they moved a bunch of drivers to hourly who were not accepting Uber Stool as a way to get them to accept it.

2. I have figured out what to do about it, already. For the first day, I always try to do it their way. You learn a thing or two from doing that. Usually, I consider the first day a wash, it is simply that this was worse than usual.

3. I am aware of that. Still, I have an advantage over most TNC drivers. On boost, I can run on Bronze what more than a few are running on Gold. On Silver, I can run what more than a few are running on Platinum. As a rule, I do not have time to run enough trips to qualify for Platinum. If I did, there would be no stopping me on Platinum. I would not post a screen shot of it, if I did get to Platinum, anyhow (we will start on that with "I do not know how", but I have other reasons), especially on an open forum.

4. Other commitments generally preclude my working Morning Rush Hour. Every once in a while I can do it, but not often.

5. I prefer to drive the cab on Saturday. There are street hails everywhere. I did drive the UberX car this past Saturday, though, as I was trying to boost my trip count to get back to Silver. I succeeded, but Uber pulled its switcheroo on me. I suspect it was to get me to accept Uber Pool trips. I do not work too much on Sunday, as a rule. If I get up early, I go to the Mass in Italian at the Italian church downtown. If I do not get up early enough, I go to an afternoon Mass at the Shrine. After Mass, I will work a little bit, but I prefer to spend a little extra time on the bicycle. There are, after all, priorities. Then, this is baseball season, so there are, again, priorities.

6. [turns on sarcasm meter]If I do that, I will barely qualify for Bronze[/sarcasm off], considering the number of hours that I drive the TNC car. To be sure, now that Congress is out, I do drive the TNC car more, but, I do put some time in the cab.

7. I went as far as to ask to be put back on Boost. I am sure that they will ignore that request. Hourly does [perform a vacuum-creating action].

t5contra

Pure curiosity but that sucks, sorry it happened to you, I honestly would have kicked them out at "what took you so long". I have a very short fuse for nonsense but I also don't take pool or anyone below 4.65. Basically I hold the passengers to the same standard that uber holds me. Lastly this guy doesn't drive past 11pm (anymore)

Last edited: