• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How did you do on the 4th of July?

Mr. Yuck

20:00 to 04:00. There will be more tips.

Screenshot_2019-07-05-06-47-06.png

Post automatically merged:

20:00 to 04:00. There will be more tips. 171 miles. 1 drug deal. 1 call girl going home. 1 vet having an episode. 1 gtfo. Two iphones. Good times.

Screenshot_2019-07-05-06-47-06.png

Last edited:

Another Uber Driver

Thirteen trips, four hours, one-hundred fifty dollars. I drove the cab. Twelve street hails, one MedicAid transport. Oddly enough, no Uber Taxi pings. I guess because it was too many street hails. No, I do not have a screen shot, you can not screen shot street hails.

I left the Uber/Lyft car at home because I was not going to guess which of the fifty red screen telephones was my customer.

ariel5466

Don’t you all run uber and Lyft at the same time?
Uber is so much more popular in my market I barely need Lyft. And Lyft pax tend to be more problematic, as well. Kept getting stacked pings on Uber, barely turned on Lyft at all. I got one Lyft ride that canceled 30 seconds later.

I'm out this morning because I was thinking there would be plenty people who got drunk last night that need to retrieve their cars. I've been sitting around for about 40 minutes, nothing yet 😕

Last edited:

Merc7186

I crushed it yesterday...Buffalo NY market
Screenshot_20190705-092308_Uber Driver.jpg

I 'worked' from home in the morning, then I ripped out a bush, cut down 5 tree branches, went to 2 parties, drank 5 beers, 2 shots, one frozen pina colada popsicle, ate ribs, pizza, sausage, swam for about 2 hours then celebrated the birth of our nation by blowing up a Piece of it.

Exhausted.

OldBay

I made 55 in 2.5 hours (22/hr), then went home for family dinner.

They started closing the streets in annapolis around 6pm, there was no surge, and I had to start cancelling trips because pickups were virtually impossible. I could have kept driving, but it just wasnt worth it.

I could have driven to another market and kept earning, but one of the pax I had to cancel was already drunk (on phone) and I don't do drunks. Its a marathon, not a sprint.

ColumbusRides

I made 55 in 2.5 hours (22/hr), then went home for family dinner.

They started closing the streets in annapolis around 6pm, there was no surge, and I had to start cancelling trips because pickups were virtually impossible. I could have kept driving, but it just wasnt worth it.

I could have driven to another market and kept earning, but one of the pax I had to cancel was already drunk (on phone) and I don't do drunks. Its a marathon, not a sprint.
I didn't drive yesterday, I was getting over a cold. We did the parade and fireworks at night, we had a good time. Drunks is why I do this job, it makes it somewhat entertaining

Atom guy

I crushed it yesterday...Buffalo NY marketView attachment 333478

I 'worked' from home in the morning, then I ripped out a bush, cut down 5 tree branches, went to 2 parties, drank 5 beers, 2 shots, one frozen pina colada popsicle, ate ribs, pizza, sausage, swam for about 2 hours then celebrated the birth of our nation by blowing up a Piece of it.

Exhausted.
Ha! Same here. I stayed home and gutted one of my upstairs bedrooms. It's always been a cold room and now I know why: multiple air gaps in the insulation and several areas with NO insulation at all.

observer

View attachment 333461
Not bad for the RVA market. This is how I did stopping around 7pm to spend the rest of the holiday with my husband. Also made $10 in cash tips.
Interesting that Uber includes the toll as earnings.

They also really shouldn't count tips.

It says you spent six hours and twenty minutes online, how much time do you think you spent waiting offline?

Or does the online time include waiting and driving to pax?

AvisDeene

$46.71 on Lyft and $121.34 on Uber. I could have made more if I stayed out passed 8PM but I just didn’t have it in me to deal with traffic or drunks.

ariel5466

Interesting that Uber includes the toll as earnings.

They also really shouldn't count tips.

It says you spent six hours and twenty minutes online, how much time do you think you spent waiting offline?

Or does the online time include waiting and driving to pax?
Huh, I thought that was how tolls were reimbursed for everyone.

For that 6 hours and twenty minutes I actually worked 7.1 hours. I keep track of my hours with another app; I "clock in" when I first go online, pause the clock when I take a break, and "clock out" when I finish filling my gas tank back up at the end of the day.

observer

Huh, I thought that was how tolls were reimbursed for everyone.

For that 6 hours and twenty minutes I actually worked 7.1 hours. I keep track of my hours with another app; I "clock in" when I first go online, pause the clock when I take a break, and "clock out" when I finish filling my gas tank back up at the end of the day.
The toll charge isn't really earnings since it's a reimbursement for an expense.

It"s just a way for Uber to inflate your earnings to make it look like you're earning more money.