How did you do July 4th weekend?

TJL08109

How did everyone do This past weekend? I only worked like for 4 hours total and made $50 but i'm brand new so I wanna hear some stories.

Ready....GO

os2wiz

Two Lyft fares yesterday. One local for about $10. The second one made my day. Far Northeast Philadelphia to Malapan, New Jersey 50 miles, $66 plus $10 tip. Then I went home. :smiles:

JaneBond462

I didn't even bother. The prior weekend I had a total of 3 rides for $47. This is my first summer Ubering and there seem to be WAY more drivers than in the winter/spring and less demand with vacations and college breaks.

Hans GrUber

Easily my best weekend as an uber driver. I literally only worked fri-sun night and after gas and lease taken out and including tips I made over 1k. I swear, it's like Uber reads when I'm about to move on to another job and gives me exactly what I need. Wild. Oh, and got 4 girls numbers and was invited to a 4some with 3 girls*, that didn't pan out because I told them I had to work until 2am (3 hours away). If there is one thing I've learned about forging relationships while Ubering, if you don't close immediately then you will likely never hear from person again.

*Girls were actually women 38-44, but still very doable.

Nitedriver

Easily my best weekend as an uber driver. I literally only worked fri-sun night and after gas and lease taken out and including tips I made over 1k. I swear, it's like Uber reads when I'm about to move on to another job and gives me exactly what I need. Wild. Oh, and got 4 girls numbers and was invited to a 4some with 3 girls*, that didn't pan out because I told them I had to work until 2am (3 hours away). If there is one thing I've learned about forging relationships while Ubering, if you don't close immediately then you will likely never hear from person again.

phone nbr please ???

nuggetnut

Sounds like a tall tale.. eithet way I admire your imagination. .

Stray cat

I worked my other job most of the weekend. I drove Uber Friday and Saturday daytime in Philly, mostly Center City short trips. All fares between $2-$7 payouts. Fortunately, my other job paid the bills for me that weekend.

Incredible how some UberPool payouts now are in $2-$3 range.

Last edited:

DelaJoe

Started out poorly on Friday night with a ton of Ubers on the Delaware shore, rain, and the inability to now pickup in Maryland. Saturday was excellent with plenty of people in Dewey beach and nice surges up and down beach. Sunday was also good as I was able to avoid the traffic jams from the fireworks. Monday, I didn't know what to expect...I was very very busy. Not a whole lot of Ubers out and a lot of requests. Pretty much all surge from about 9PM-12:30AM. Had to cut the night short and I missed a giant surge at 1:30AM. Still grossed over $1200 for about 40+ hours of driving over 4 days. Very tired on Tuesday at my other job. My friend worked over in Jersey (Wildwood) and he did pretty good and also got some "Uber Welfare" subsidy payments as they were guaranteed $40/hour Fri-Sun. The beach area will be good now thru the middle of August then slowing tail off into late September.

I will address the Maryland issue in the off season because Uber wants me to convert and that takes 7-10 business days to do another background check. I am also considering signing up for Lyft but waiting for some good incentives. Currently offering $200 for 30 trips but I have seen $500-$1000 incentives in the past.

BassPlayer

I worked my other job most of the weekend. I drove Uber Friday and Saturday daytime in Philly, mostly Center City short trips. All fares between $2-$7 payouts. Fortunately, my other job paid the bills for me that weekend.

On an early pool I made $1.63!!! Guy pooled when he was going 3 blocks, knew there would be no others. That's why ignoring pool is an important revenue technique.

MiddleClassedOut

So there is no minimum on Pool? You just get time and miles? You guys really need to understand this...

Any Lyft Line minimum I'll take - Lyft gross to driver is $4.75, vs $4.50 for regular Lyft! Over 7 miles I will also do...Anything 3-7 miles in length I cancel on because then the $1 you lose from no pick-up fee starts to hurt.

I'm not sure pax understand Uber Pool is a lot cheaper than Lyft Line...But Lyft Line routing is a lot better, basically you're only going in a straight line to get multiple pax, it never in my experience takes you more than a block off the first person's route.

Stray cat

LyftLine sounds much more practical than UberPool routing. I had a ridiculous UberPool rout yesterday lunchtime Tuesday July 5.

Drove a young couple from Bala Cynwyd towards destination 8th & Locust. Planned to exit Vine Expressway at 8th Street, south to Locust. Not the friendliest couple but just chatted with each other.

UberPool ping's again while I'm on the freaking Vine Expressway east between Parkway and Broad, wanting me now to exit at 15th Street instead of 8th Street to pick up at 17th and Chestnut! Really inconvenient.

Well, the Vine was slow-going anyway and I was in right straight lane already and wasn't enamored with current riders anyway. Decided to accept Pool ping and got into Broad/ 15th exit lane, telling riders we have another Pool ping, haha.

I think the dude was pissed. He asked to be dropped earlier than his girlfriend at end of off-ramp on 15th Street so I obliged. Then made difficult backtrack and called new Pooler to meet me at 17th & Sansom. Two cute tourist girls got in to go to Olde City. Finished taking Bala girl from 17th & Locust to 8th & Locust, then tourist girls to Olde City (their fare only was $2.33?!). Just dumb all-around, myself included, except for smart tourist pax made out like highway robbery.

MiddleClassedOut

Yeah it's insane...Uber gave me a $5 off pool discount this weekend. I actually used it 3x. They tried to tell me it was only usable once so I had to argue and get $5 off all my fares. The long ride we got another request from an idiot on Kelly, which was closed Saturday, so the driver just ignored it. The one from south Philly to Mt Airy the driver also ignored an additional ping.

If you're going to do the pool ride, you shouldn't ignore the extra pings. You're missing time and miles you'd be getting otherwise, and inconveniencing your first cheapskate, oops, passenger, is the best thing you can do to get people to stop taking it. I hate Uber, but I like not spending money more than I hate Uber.

One ride from 16th and Market to Pennsport area was only $3.63, thus free. Uber has very, very deep pockets.

Then with the discount $5 to go from Mt. Airy to Fairmount. So ridiculous. I'm surprised I get any Lyft Lines at all, a lot of people aren't very good at checking prices. UberPool is always cheaper except on surge...

Unless you're making bank on guarantees, it's really better to sell your car and take UberPool everywhere.

Uberguy1

I had one that was 1.90

Uberguy1

Fourth of July was the second best day of the year last year only behind the made in America concert. It was crap this year. I made 1400 on the Saturday of the made in America concert last year. Those days are gone. I will probably struggle to make 200 on that day. Things are just not the same. Halloween was an 800 dollar day as well with xl surges at 7 and 8. Made in America last year I had 3 rides over 300 each. That will never happen again. I rarely get a surge anymore. Those surges are what made driving people for very little money worthwhile. They don't even have to be huge surges. I'll take little bitty ones at this point.