• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

how come Southbay/ Torrence gets high Boost?

fork2323

Whats up with uber for weeks giving boost so high all the time to westside southbay area? There is not much surge needed in that area at all. What gives? No idea why, not much work there. Anyone get why uber keeps giving boost there? Dont make any sense at all.
tmp_15099-Screenshot_20170221-212514310237625.png

Uberduber420

It's because they want drivers at the airport at 4 pm for pick ups. Most drivers head north to the core after the boost ends and stop at the airport. Just a thought

UberThisMK

Offering a boost in the south bay beach cities is a cheaper way to ensure a ready supply of cars for LAX than offering a boost at the airport itself. South bay is the land of the short ride so whatever boost Uber has to pay out for rides originating there is minimal. The boost draws in the ants who can then rush over to the airport on demand.

Sluber

Because no one wants to work there because they're all crap shorties. Lax is too damn close you can't make descent money bringing them there and if it's at night they're just going down the street to the bar.

Only decent part of South Bay is palos verdes area. But that could be a long wait.
they offer the high boost so that they can advertise that...stuff it down in the SB so they dont pay out much vs. putting it in the hollywood West hollywood area where they would pay out alot more....more shady business practice and deceiving the 99%ers

driveflydrive

Dunno! I live here and have driven here since I started in '15. Now I can't even get a ping during the high boost from 12-4pm. There must be 800 cars down here in the weekday afternoons........there used to be about 10 of us. Never seen saturation like it.......oh and did I mention there's still very little demand at that time.

UberLaLa

they offer the high boost so that they can advertise that...stuff it down in the SB so they dont pay out much vs. putting it in the hollywood West hollywood area where they would pay out alot more....more shady business practice and deceiving the 99%ers
Dunno! I live here and have driven here since I started in '15. Now I can't even get a ping during the high boost from 12-4pm. There must be 800 cars down here in the weekday afternoons........there used to be about 10 of us. Never seen saturation like it.......oh and did I mention there's still very little demand at that time.
Then it's definitely what Sluber be sayin....

Mr. Belvedere

Because no one wants to work there because they're all crap shorties. Lax is too damn close you can't make descent money bringing them there and if it's at night they're just going down the street to the bar.

Only decent part of South Bay is palos verdes area. But that could be a long wait.
The hills of Palos Verdes will eat your gas tank up real quick. Not worth it, plus those are the snobby ones compared to Redondo, Hermosa, those pax are usually pretty cool.