How can you drive for 75% cut??

driving312

Are you nuts?
I'm in the 80% club with Uber and Lyft. You rookies should really rally to get a 5% "raise". Might be happier driving! :smiles:

Mapnik

That extra 3 cents per mile, 1 cent per minute really puts you above the crowd, doesn't it?

Does it make you *happier*? Are you a happy Uber-lifer driving the 312 for an "80% cut"?

Does it cover your expenses driving into the city from Aurora?

By the way, nobody gets a straight "cut" anymore after Up-front Pricing anyway. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

("Cut" he says... LOL)

driving312

Pay is based on miles and minutes and my take is 80% of that. Very simple concept.
I am doing VERY well for myself thanks! ....but I know what I'm doing and apparently playing the game better than you. :wink:

Mapnik

Pay is based on miles and minutes and my take is 80% of that. Very simple concept.
I am doing VERY well for myself thanks! ....but I know what I'm doing and apparently playing the game better than you. :wink:
You should take a look at the waybill on each of your trips... you might be surprised...

If you don't know what the deal is now, I suspect you might not be actively driving. All the regulars know how up-front pricing works, and they know that there is no longer a straight "cut" as it were. These are facts if you drive in Chicago or any of the markets where up-front pricing is in effect.

But if you're trying to troll, it's all too obvious and not very interesting.

No you aren't -- not since the upfront fare BS came around. You (and everyone else) are in the Whatever-Uber-Feels-Like-Paying-You club.
It's actually a straight base-time-mileage rate for the driver, so no guessing. The part where it's "whatever Uber feels like" is on the rider end, what they charge the Pax. The driver knows what you will get paid, but the amount Uber skims varies from trip to trip and it doesn't matter what the original agreement says, because they have unilaterally changed terms numerous times. Somebody on the "80% cut" deal gets another 3 cents a mile, 1 cent per minute - that's all there is to it.

WestSubDriver

I don't understand this holier than thou attitude either. The bulk of us are part-timers who do this for extra cash. Driving 10-15 hrs per week (maybe 20 on a "heavy" week). Extrapolate that over a year and an 80%er makes perhaps $400-$500 more over the course of an entire year - maybe translates to an extra 60-70 cents per hour . Congrats! Pat yourself on the back.

Mapnik

I don't understand this holier than thou attitude either. The bulk of us are part-timers who do this for extra cash. Driving 10-15 hrs per week (maybe 20 on a "heavy" week). Extrapolate that over a year and an 80%er makes perhaps $400-$500 more over the course of an entire year - maybe translates to an extra 60-70 cents per hour . Congrats! Pat yourself on the back.
OP is just trying (poorly) to troll the audience. But even if you took him seriously, it's like a guy working at McDonald's trying to incite other burger-flippers by declaring he got hired at $9.50 instead of $9.00. I think he was actually deactivated, because he would know the New Deal otherwise. This forum is full of drivers that were deactivated for this/that, and can't let it go, like a stalker with his ex.

Shakur

So many rely on uber and rideshare in general for income whether it be their only source or just one extra source that the business is operating like a monopoly would. To be honest it was not up to the new drivers to fight this, this one is on the "veterans" that did not give a shit about the changes being made unless it directly effected them.

Businesses and business minded people know this as it pertains to all facets of life and exploited it....like they do in other facets of life, what's so hard to comprehend here? You don't give a shit about the next man and their plight and eventually it'll bite you in the ass if it hasn't already.

I_Like_Spam

You probably have a different idea of "VERY well" that a lot of people. You get 76 cents a mile after the Uber cut, compared with 71 1/4 cents for less tenured Partners. I don't see where that is so great, but if you are pleased, who am I to pop your balloon.

The 20% drivers are in a minority by now, it reflects a lot of time driving, you have to be pleased with that in order to continue so long

NadZrag

So wait, with upfront pricing uber charges wherever they feel like (and is here where they are banking BIG, except on those stupid 3.99 Pools they decide to do in rush hour), and then they say, let's have an established mile+time equation that is laughable, and even then we will pay the driver just a portion of that.

You telling me uber is cheating passengers and drivers???? I don't believe it

Fuc& Uber

Shakur

You probably have a different idea of "VERY well" that a lot of people. You get 76 cents a mile after the Uber cut, compared with 71 1/4 cents for less tenured Partners. I don't see where that is so great, but if you are pleased, who am I to pop your balloon.

The 20% drivers are in a minority by now, it reflects a lot of time driving, you have to be pleased with that in order to continue so long

I know myself personally don't exactly think it's a badge of honor lol. I expect I won't have enough time in the future to use it as a real extra source of income.....probably just pay for drinks lol.

WestBurbsMac

I know myself personally don't exactly think it's a badge of honor lol. I expect I won't have enough time in the future to use it as a real extra source of income.....probably just pay for drinks lol.

"Get your beer money gig on". I like that better than "side hustle".