How can you depend on ride sharing to pay your bills

eazycc

Live minimally.
I bought a Ducati with my Uber earnings last year, paid for my data analytics training and I paid off my car this year just on Uber earnings.

Besides what makes you think that your problems will be solved when you earn more per hour? If you can't budget with $10k, $100k or even a mil isn't going to be easier. You will always come up with stuff to spend $ on.

Okphillip

Always delay gratification. For me going to the BMW dealership and knowing I could pay cash for any car on the lot is enough for me. Just knowing I could have it is enough for me to not want. Strange but this is how I live in general.

xRacerX

Always delay gratification. For me going to the BMW dealership and knowing I could pay cash for any car on the lot is enough for me. Just knowing I could have it is enough for me to not want. Strange but this is how I live in general.
I get what your saying. Ive had similar feelings/experiences, it almost puts you above any desire for material objects! or in my case not much makes me happy as far as material objects. I mean dont get me wrong if someone handed me the keys to a new Nissan Skyline GTR, it would make me feel happy, but then again I cant exactly afford a GTR at this moment in life, so no love lost.

Humans insatiable appetite for Satisfaction/contention/gratification. :roflmao:

The Christian driver

It’s so stressful and inconsistent. If you can’t drive for few days you are fcked
Here is reality... here is the question we all must answer. How can we complain about a job that only requires drivers license? I have been doing this for 5 and half years.. I live in b/n lake Merritt and Piedmont in one bedroom alone.. I drive two fairly new cars.. I have ok savings and uber is just about to add 10K bonus. I m currently overseas on vacation for Easter. Things will get better bro. Business will pick up mid may to June

warsaw

It’s so stressful and inconsistent. If you can’t drive for few days you are fcked
Thanks for finally understanding the crux of the situation, which is that when your running as a small business owner, you’re facing incredibly tough odds, unless you have a rich uncle to bail you out!

xRacerX

Thanks for finally understanding the crux of the situation, which is that when your running as a small business owner, you’re facing incredibly tough odds, unless you have a rich uncle to bail you out!
Shoot you might have better odds of getting political aylum in the U.S. than run a successful small business. You see how brutal it is for indy brick and mortars no matter the business. Not impossible but more likely to fail than succeed thats for sure. not trying to sound negative, but truly a fact of American life at least.
Post automatically merged:

It gets pretty tough sometimes, as I only do LYFT. Its all about looking at your own historical data to see if you can come up with any conclusions that work for your strategy. If you can make it through mid dec to mid march, you should not have anything to worry about. Well except for rate cuts. 2 options, Keep pushing or keep pushing! quitting is only an option when something better pops up for you/your situation/career path.

At least give yourself credit for being woke and on these forums sharing info/experiences, and seeing and knowing the truth about this industry and these slavemaster apps. Many drivers have no idea they are being taken. Then again, it may just be a easier time for those drivers, as in this case ignorance might be the ultimate bliss. I mean you dont know what you dont know, no way around it. We laugh at "ants", perhaps they are the ones laughing at us. Just a thought, lol. Good Luck!

Last edited:

vladi

I get what your saying. Ive had similar feelings/experiences, it almost puts you above any desire for material objects! or in my case not much makes me happy as far as material objects. I mean dont get me wrong if someone handed me the keys to a new Nissan Skyline GTR, it would make me feel happy, but then again I cant exactly afford a GTR at this moment in life, so no love lost.

Humans insatiable appetite for Satisfaction/contention/gratification. :roflmao:
Get one from Copart... that’s my plan