1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How can Uber boast about higher earnings?

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by Edman, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Edman

Edman

I am a new driver but this morning I went out for 5 hours and made only $ 28.00.
    How can Uber boast about higher earnings? When in reality with hourly rate it's much lower?
    Is Atlanta market over saturated with drivers?
    I don't understand why Uber keeps looking for new drivers???

tohunt4me likes this.
  2. negeorgia

negeorgia

Driving:
    UberX
    A car on every corner gives a cheap, convenient product that builds brand loyalty. The myth is that if drivers were not making money or needed tips, they would not be driving. Over recruitment and media hearsay wins over the reality that at times the driver loses money for accepting certain requests. 20 years ago when Walmart was in the news, it was about employees retiring millionaires. Now who is the largest employer and what are they known for? Low wages.

Edman and SUberbanDriver like this.
  3. Marc Duncan

Marc Duncan

Nobody wants do anything about just complain. Uber does what it can

1405Uber, Harleyfxdx1 and negeorgia like this.
  4. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I take it you didn't get the guarantee this week.

Not sure how often they happen, but I've been invited to guarantees 4 of the last 5 weeks for an offering of $7600. I hardly ran even half of the guarantees, but they are a nice boost.

I only drive the weekends, never done a morning much less a weekday morning so I can't say how bad they are... but $28 sure is low...

Harleyfxdx1 and negeorgia like this.
  5. Edman

Edman

True

6. UberHoax

UberHoax

If there too many cars uber doesnt have to pay the guarantee. One of the reasons they keep hiring

The hiring is also part of the marketing strategy. once someone is employed they tell their friends how low the wages are. This turns everyone into passengers when they hear about .75 or less with pool

7. Edman

Edman

I need to consider my options....

8. PTCGUY

PTCGUY

Easy. They lie about earnings like a few drivers on this forum.

Edman likes this.
  9. capable

capable

Driving:
    UberX
    May God grant us wisdom and the know how to stop this foolishness called ride sharing lol

Edman likes this.
  10. Uber Is The Devil

Uber Is The Devil

Driving:
    UberX
    They're high as kites at our expense

Edman likes this.
  11. It seems Uber only learns from horrible avoidable mistakes that cost drivers time & money .

Edman likes this.