How busy is Uber Select

Kay1661

It's not good at all...I'm going from Select to X...if that tells u anything :/
Me too.

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Ask any Uber X driver how many hours they would keep their app online if every ping that came in was 2.8x. Trust me I make more than you weekly based on pings I take from home from my black leather sectional.

I live across the street from the Grove... What would I need to deadmile for?? If you are talking about driving to popular events then clearly you know nothing about how to succeed at rideshare. So I screen rides according to you. What’s your proof of that? My high rating and acceptance rate and low cancellations? Get real. Don’t be a hater. I think I’ll go ahead and do $2400 this week in honor of poseidon...
Exaggerating a little bit? Tiny bit?

Too Many Miles

I am just a part-timer, I usually just do nights on Friday and Saturday. Depending on what the wife and kids are up to. I usually average around 20 rides 12 to 18 hours and I am contemplating going to Uber Select/Lyft Premier when I get another car. So I am wondering how much longer it would take to get to 20 rides then with Uber X. I am in the Orange County area not too far from Anaheim. Is there someone out there that started with X and then went to Select?
20 rides takes 80 hours., which are mostly wasted waiting.

Woohaa

You have no clue what you’re talking about. Ask any Uber X driver how many hours they would keep their app online if every ping that came in was 2.8x. Trust me I make more than you weekly based on pings I take from home from my black leather sectional.

I live across the street from the Grove... What would I need to deadmile for?? If you are talking about driving to popular events then clearly you know nothing about how to succeed at rideshare. So I screen rides according to you. What’s your proof of that? My high rating and acceptance rate and low cancellations? Get real. Don’t be a hater. I think I’ll go ahead and do $2400 this week in honor of poseidon...
I'm in your neighborhood a lot picking up pax. Plus the Hollywood Diner is nearby & one of my favorite eating/break spots when I just have to shut off the app for a minute and decompress.

lvesq1906

SELECT is good if u like giving u a ride and then either dead mile back to a better area where u would get some pings and then wait for hours for that 1 ping again x repeat...
I did not mind until I start getting warning lights n each time it cost me my whole weekly UBER pay to fix it...f that s... not worth it...I need to stop fubering lol :frown:
Is your car out of warranty?

hockeyguy7623

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So it sounds like that Select is pretty slow, I just figured since I am close to Disney, the Pond and Angel Stadium and I am also semi close to Newport Beach that I could at least get 20 rides over the weekend. Does anyone do select down here?

DocT

There are posts about Newport and Selects. Adieu is a pro in that area. There are a few other Select drivers that go by that area too, but I can't remember their names at the moment.

It's weekend now. Open up your rider app, and set it to Select. Watch the cars throughout the day. Watch the patterns. Watch how long each Select driver sits or drives in circles. Go back and forth in the settings to see if the Select car is also a Black/SUV/LUX.

Uberutioun

There are posts about Newport and Selects. Adieu is a pro in that area. There are a few other Select drivers that go by that area too, but I can't remember their names at the moment.

It's weekend now. Open up your rider app, and set it to Select. Watch the cars throughout the day. Watch the patterns. Watch how long each Select driver sits or drives in circles. Go back and forth in the settings to see if the Select car is also a Black/SUV/LUX.
SUV cant opt down to Select anymore.

Snowblind

Part Time UberSelect/LyftLux here.
Two or three Requests per Day (I don't do nights) is all I'm getting here in the Long Beach Area.
Half of them cancel after 2 minutes. There you have it.
:mad:
When I have a free day (been really busy with my Daytime Job) I'll go down to Newport Beach and get me some nice Select Rides.
Downtown Long Beach works well too, got three LyftLux Rides from there in one day.
Manhattan Beach is also a good place to pick up Selects.
YMMV.

Too Many Miles

20 trips does not take anywhere close to 80 hours... but then again depends where you live and the availability of trips within a reasonable distance from you.

Regarding which part?
OC

So it sounds like that Select is pretty slow, I just figured since I am close to Disney, the Pond and Angel Stadium and I am also semi close to Newport Beach that I could at least get 20 rides over the weekend. Does anyone do select down here?
I do, I have only had one ride today. I started at 4 am, stopped at 9 and came back at 11:00. No rides since then and it is 2:40. The only good thing is that the ride I had was to LAX with a tip of 20 cash.
Yesterday was pretty bad too.

SUV cant opt down to Select anymore.
In OC they do.

OC

I do, I have only had one ride today. I started at 4 am, stopped at 9 and came back at 11:00. No rides since then and it is 2:40. The only good thing is that the ride I had was to LAX with a tip of 20 cash.
Yesterday was pretty bad too.

In OC they do.
Oh, I forgot that the trip to LAX was Uber x with x2.4 so not even one today. I just got a ping on premiere and she cancelled.

uberpeps

No exaggeration. Well documented the $2600 I did but now suggesting $2400 is a bluff? FYI, I did just short of $700 Friday.
Is that Black or Lux/SUV rates?

I saw close to the grove.... Used to live at the Palazzo West... could imagine getting requests on the couch there..lol

Now I'm over in Beverly Hills ... pretty close to Rodeo. Close enough that a get the random uberX requests from home.

Question for you if you drive black/lux is there enough requests around BH? I'd love to get the requests from home as I do see the black suvs cruising by on Wilshire when I walk the dog. Wasn't sure if private biz was most of it or was it uber.

Thanks

Yellowmamba24

Is your car out of warranty?
I just got my car last year so have all the warranties still...
I over exagerated a bit cuz I had to change my front brakes few weeks back...and I am due for fuel injection and throttle cleaning on my next service...i gotta stop going to the dealerships :/

I'm a part timer. Usually get 1 Select ride per weeknight. Friday and Saturday nights about 2 rides.
With Premier, 1-3 rides per week.

Net fare varies widely from min fare to $40 (rare in my area) per ride.

There are too many Selects, and Blacks that opt down to Selects.
On the weekends...Fri, sat, and Sunday I usually get about 5-10 SELECT pings...on weekdays I get 3-5 But shorties or to the airports

Is that Black or Lux/SUV rates?

I saw close to the grove.... Used to live at the Palazzo West... could imagine getting requests on the couch there..lol

Now I'm over in Beverly Hills ... pretty close to Rodeo. Close enough that a get the random uberX requests from home.

Question for you if you drive black/lux is there enough requests around BH? I'd love to get the requests from home as I do see the black suvs cruising by on Wilshire when I walk the dog. Wasn't sure if private biz was most of it or was it uber.

Thanks
BH for me is the worst play to sit n wait for SELECT pings...These peeps be Xing it all day n night...

BoneJovi

I do both but usually get one or two Select rides a day. Sometimes none. Once I went to John Wayne and waited 4 hours for a Select ride that I made $25 on. Unless you can sit at home and wait for a ride, I wouldn't suggest it. The way I look at it, I make (a little) more driving both uberx and select because of the occasional Select ride. Everyone that gets in my car say's "this is the nicest uber I've ever been in!!".

disclaimer... I only work part time 25 - 30 hours a week.