Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

How Best To Handle Deactivation

4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  tohunt4me 
#1 ·
If Uber deactivates you, they almost always send an email saying you have a chance to explain (see below). You cannot call Uber, although Uber will occasionally request a phone number and best time to call you. Check the email account that Uber uses for your monthly statements and other correspondence immediately. If you cannot find it then check your spam folder. The email has an innocuous subject and may look something like this:
___

Subject: A message from Uber
From: Uber Support <contact_LongHexNumber@email-support.uber.com>
To: You
Message body
/// Please enter your reply above this line. Replies below this line will not be received. \\\

A MESSAGE FROM UBER

Hi Your-Name,
My name is XXXXXX and I am with the Uber Support Team. We wanted to follow up with you regarding a report we received from a rider that ...

Your account is currently on hold pending an investigation into this report.

Please reach out with any questions.

Continue this conversation by replying to this email or going to help in your Uber app.​
___

If you do not find such a message then immediately email Uber (in-App is best, but use PC if in-App email not working) requesting an explanation for your deactivation and how your account may be restored quickly. Include both a contact phone number and the best times to reach you.

If you do find such a message then reply immediately, as instructed (above the designated line), providing a short, reasonable explanation. If you are not confident of both the specific trip/rider at issue and the specific complaint then ask for more details about the specifics of the complaint BEFORE replying with an explanation.
  • Do not say more than is necessary to explain.
  • Do not admit to any other questionable behavior on any other trip.
Most of the time there is no point going to a Greenlight Hub. The Greenlight Hub representative cannot reactivate you. You can only be reactivated by the group in Uber that sent the email. If you did not receive the email then you may ask the Greenlight Hub representative to resend it to you.

Remember, Uber wants to have as many drivers on the road as possible. If you provide a good reason then they will reactivate you.

See less See more
#3 ·
Off topic, but I'll still answer. Anytime I get a suspicious email, I follow the same general rules:
  • Never show pictures or click links until you're sure the email is "safe".
  • Never respond to demands for sensitive information, ss#, credit card#, etc.
  • Check both the originating email address and the reply email for spoofing and other irregularities.
  • Report the suspicious email to the company being misrepresented by phone or forwarding the offending email.
  • Specific threats against yourself, your family or your business should be reported to the police immediately.
You don't have ransomware, which locks a PC until a random payment is made. For more, you may send me the original message as a private conversation on this forum or google: how to handle suspicious email

#9 ·
The problem is they will not give you any details as to why you were deactivated. They ask for your input on the complaint but sometimes you have no idea what ride/PAX made the complaint therefore how do you give your side if you don't even know the issue?

#12 ·
I got an email from Sir Henry Falkland about a business transaction he needs assistance with. What should I do? I'm certain he must have been one of those guys I picked up last week. Probably contacting me because of my sterling reputation, as noted by my driver rating.

#14 ·
Since Sir Henry has been dead for almost 400 years, a seance is the only method of communications that has a possibility of success. ;)
I thought Uber's number was 867-5309????
Is the area code 800? 800-867-5309 hangs up immediately for me. Do you get a different result?

The Uber Greenlight Hubs remain the best way to speak to an Uber representative fact-to-face.
The 2 phone numbers listed above are for emergency use only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.