How are you? How is life....

UberRose

I am starting this thread to just talk about life....and how we are doing....as ubering can be a tiring job at times and we may need to talk it out with other drivers who may be going through the same feelings. I guess I am feeling too exhausted tonight .....this has been such a lousy week. ..I made only around 200 net income after rent and my lower back hurts. ...I hope the coming week will be profitable. ....I am not driving tonight. So, how is everyone feeling tonight?...

WorkHardPlayHard

Make sure you eat healthy, rest well, stretch& nap in between. Have a relaxing bath at the end of the week. Treat yoself.
I used to feel so deprived and decomposed after first starting out. I had so much built up venting to do too. My friends didn't really understand when I would start talking about the cons of this job.
But since I discovered this forum, I feel much better knowing I can share my experiences with people doing the same thing.

Also, my right buttcheek used to hurt in a pinching pain every time after awhile of driving. I realized my seat was not positioned for me to sit in a good position for my back and legs. Add in stretching once in a while, and the pain is now gone.

UberRose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you. ..yes true...my legs hurt like that too.... I am going to get a massage today....I really need it...:frown:

I started a Facebook page to post my daily updates but someone reported it and got it shut down because "Uberrose" is not my real name! Facebook asked me to submit govt ID'S for my name and I of course refused because Uberrose is not my real name! Go figure! I am just an innocent driver who wanted to share my daily Uber life experiences there!!...Some people have nothing better to do with their lives. So then I started this thread. I think we all need support once in a while. This is a physical job even if it is just sitting. My lower back and legs hurt and we get exhausted driving 12 hours!!

Transportador

There are good days and bad days just like any jobs out there. Hang in there during the tough time and take care of yourself so you will be ready when those busy days happen. When they do, you will be so fired up and happy :-)

Another Uber Driver

What do you want from life?
To kidnap an heiress?
Or threaten her with a knife?
To get cable TV?
And watch it every night?

There you sit,
A lump in your chair;
Where do you sleep?
And what do you wear?
..When you're sleeping..........

An Indian guru?
To show you the Inner Light?
A meaningless love affair?
With a girl that you met to-night?

How can you tell when you're doing allright?
Does your bank account swell, while you're dreaming at night?

The Tubes, "What Do You Want from Life"---The Tubes, Young and Rich, 1976, A&M Records

Slim Pete

Make sure you eat healthy, rest well, stretch& nap in between. Have a relaxing bath at the end of the week. Treat yoself.
I used to feel so deprived and decomposed after first starting out. I had so much built up venting to do too. My friends didn't really understand when I would start talking about the cons of this job.
But since I discovered this forum, I feel much better knowing I can share my experiences with people doing the same thing.

Also, my right buttcheek used to hurt in a pinching pain every time after awhile of driving. I realized my seat was not positioned for me to sit in a good position for my back and legs. Add in stretching once in a while, and the pain is now gone.
costco has these seat cushions that you can use while driving. i got it for 15 bucks. very comfortable.

Slim Pete

Thank you. ..yes true...my legs hurt like that too.... I am going to get a massage today....I really need it...:frown:

I started a Facebook page to post my daily updates but someone reported it and got it shut down because "Uberrose" is not my real name! Facebook asked me to submit govt ID'S for my name and I of course refused because Uberrose is not my real name! Go figure! I am just an innocent driver who wanted to share my daily Uber life experiences there!!...Some people have nothing better to do with their lives. So then I started this thread. I think we all need support once in a while. This is a physical job even if it is just sitting. My lower back and legs hurt and we get exhausted driving 12 hours!!
talking of massage, i bought a massage chair iJoy brand, for my mom, but i'm embarrassed to say, now sometimes even i use it. it reclines and is quite good, has a remote with several different massage modes, it's most effective for massaging shoulders and lower back

El Janitor

Life has it's ups and downs constantly, as of right now It's going pretty well and I'm doing better then this taxi driver is I'm sure.
IMG_1314 copy.jpg

hanging in there

To kidnap an heiress?
Or threaten her with a knife?
To get cable TV?
And watch it every night?

There you sit,
A lump in your chair;
Where do you sleep?
And what do you wear?
..When you're sleeping..........

An Indian guru?
To show you the Inner Light?
A meaningless love affair?
With a girl that you met to-night?

How can you tell when you're doing allright?
Does your bank account swell, while you're dreaming at night?

The Tubes, "What Do You Want from Life"---The Tubes, Young and Rich, 1976, A&M Records
I'll take option #5 and #6, or just #6 if I can only choose one.

BTW, loved the Tubes, and loved that song. Brings back memories for an old fart like me.

MissNisee

Yes, I agree about the stretching. Sitting for hours takes a toll that I didn't expect. I used to stand and walk all day with my job as a lab technician. Also make sure to keep food, aspirin, water (for yourself) and map out the place in each area you drive that you can take a bathroom break. Using this forum to vent is absolutely necessary. Good Luck