how are you gals and guys operating @ .30/min and .30/mile

drive&survive

Greetings Detroiters,
How is drivingin Detroit a like, how much you make, and how much you spend to operate.

I drive in San Francisco and surrounding, @ 1.15/mile And .21/min and being a fulltimer, God, i can't even afford to live in the city, I live 35 miles away and pay for two brides for a total of $11 and I average $300/day gross for average drive of total 120 miles(when online) plus 60miles on commute from my house and to sf, gas here is between 2.00-2.59 a gallon, car averages low 30s a gallon, on average i burn 4-6 gallons a day. And yea, I dont offer water or snacks, abs have 4.9 rating.

Thatendedbadly

I'm not sure how anyone rationalizes working non-surge, in the area I live in 'No UberX Available' is a pretty common sight to see, like to think most drivers in these parts are smart enough to know when/when not to drive. I've been active for 5 weeks now, went from 48 fares my first full week to zero this week, think I did two the previous week. Except for a few areas, Detroit isn't a good livery town. I've actually been using the 'ride sharing' model, turned on the app today when I was out about 30 minutes away from home, got a Lyft fare that actually took me a good part of the way home and I got a $5 tip, not bad considering that was the way I was driving. I've set my minimum rate to drive for Uber at 2.3 surge, which is almost what they were paying before the rate cuts, .69/.69. That Lyft fare was probably typical of a good percentage of the fares I've had, we drove to a car stereo store to pick up her ride, she was having a speaker installed. Urban sprawl and poor public transportation means that most people in these parts either own cars or are too poor to own cars, the reason Uber will never be a good drivers town in metro Detroit. I could probably do better but it would mean hanging around downtown and begging for fares there or driving to the northern suburbs and working weekend nights and probably begging for fares there also. Gas, btw, is around 1.80/gallon.

MotownUberDriver

Greetings Detroiters,
How is drivingin Detroit a like, how much you make, and how much you spend to operate.

I drive in San Francisco and surrounding, @ 1.15/mile And .21/min and being a fulltimer, God, i can't even afford to live in the city, I live 35 miles away and pay for two brides for a total of $11 and I average $300/day gross for average drive of total 120 miles(when online) plus 60miles on commute from my house and to sf, gas here is between 2.00-2.59 a gallon, car averages low 30s a gallon, on average i burn 4-6 gallons a day. And yea, I dont offer water or snacks, abs have 4.9 rating.
Why are you here in this forum?

"Oh hey, look at me! I make soooooo much more than Detroit Uber drivers. You guys are fools. Look at me!!"

That's pretty much what is looks like to me. Very classy dude.

Thatendedbadly

"Oh hey, look at me! I make soooooo much more than Detroit Uber drivers. You guys are fools. Look at me!!"

Meh, most consumer goods cost around the same in CA with one glaring exception-housing. I don't envy folks in CA, at all. One of the reasons rates are higher in places like NYC, LA and SF. Average home price in NYC/SF is ludicrous. Even in the pricier burbs housing is pretty damn reasonable compared to those places, and neighborhoods like Boston-Edison and Indian Village have houses that would fetch a million were they in SF. They can have their 'high' base rates :biggrin:

MotownUberDriver

Well, you guys are fools, so...

But this also applies to pretty much every uberx driver in any market.
Ok, let me ask you this:

Why do you care what anyone else chooses to do? Shouldn't you only be concerned about yourself?

I'm not doing Uber full time. I have other prospects. What I do, and why, is none of your business. And furthermore, I certainly don't care what you think.

Do what you want. Live and let live. Your unnecessary criticism isn't helping anyone. I think the only reason you make statements like those quoted above, is to make yourself feel superior.

EcoboostMKS

Ok, let me ask you this:

Why do you care what anyone else chooses to do? Shouldn't you only be concerned about yourself?

I'm not doing Uber full time. I have other prospects. What I do, and why, is none of your business. And furthermore, I certainly don't care what you think.

Do what you want. Live and let live. Your unnecessary criticism isn't helping anyone. I think the only reason you make statements like those quoted above, is to make yourself feel superior.
Because people stupid enough to drive for .30/mile is killing this business. Great for the consumer, but not great for people that count on this to feed their families. It is my business because this line of work is my full time business and has been long before uber was around. It's how i pay my bills. You've got legitimate drivers that play by the rules and then you've got these fools with phones and a car that are willing to drive for whatever uber feels like paying you.

I don't need to make any statement to make someone willing to work for $.30/mile look bad. You guys are doing all the work while uber reaps all the benefits.

MotownUberDriver

Because people stupid enough to drive for .30/mile is killing this business. Great for the consumer, but not great for people that count on this to feed their families. It is my business because this line of work is my full time business and has been long before uber was around. It's how i pay my bills. You've got legitimate drivers that play by the rules and then you've got these fools with phones and a car that are willing to drive for whatever uber feels like paying you.

I don't need to make any statement to make someone willing to work for $.30/mile look bad. You guys are doing all the work while uber reaps all the benefits.
There you go again, saying people are stupid.

So I will respond to you.

You shouldn't be worried about trying to control what others do. You shouldn't be insulting anyone for their choices. It's simply not your place.

And furthermore, if you choose to support your family driving uber, fine. If that's all you have in life, fine.

What I choose to do, and what others choose to do, is beyond your control. And frankly, why would anyone ever listen to you anyways? You can't even communicate on a forum, without hurling insults.

Your arrogant and rude attitude is not productive.

drive&survive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
  1. Why are you here in this forum?

Sh

You are a jerk

How does my post say
"Oh hey, look at me! I make soooooo much more than Detroit Uber drivers. You guys are fools. Look at me!!" ???

Does it seem to you I'm calling uber drivers in detriot are stupid???

No I'm not, I just wanted people to share what is it like to be an uber driver there, and I'm also just telling how the market is here in SF. That's all

Last edited:

MotownUberDriver

Sh

You are a jerk

How does my post say
"Oh hey, look at me! I make soooooo much more than Detroit Uber drivers. You guys are fools. Look at me!!" ???

Does it seem to you I'm calling uber drivers in detriot are stupid???

No I'm not, I just wanted people to share what is it like to be an uber driver there, and I'm also just telling how the market is here in SF. That's all
Does the truth hurt?

You:

Oh, hey how's detroit? You know how detroit is.

Oh look at how much I make. I'm rated 4.9, I'm doing so well. So you like to blow smoke up your own ***.

The entire thread just oozes arrogance. Why create this thread? I sincerely believe you started this thread to validate to yourself that you are in fact, the master of the universe.

I might be a jerk. But I know what you are doing with this stupid troll of a thread.

I don't brag. I don't try and inflate my own fragile ego with stupid crap like this thread.

Edit: Seriously, you live across the country from detroit. Why come into the Detroit forum, and make this thread? Do you just pop in to knoxville, or bumblef*** Wyoming and start threads asking how it is there?

UofMDriver

Does the truth hurt?

You:

Oh, hey how's detroit? You know how detroit is.

Oh look at how much I make. I'm rated 4.9, I'm doing so well. So you like to blow smoke up your own ***.

The entire thread just oozes arrogance. Why create this thread? I sincerely believe you started this thread to validate to yourself that you are in fact, the master of the universe.

I might be a jerk. But I know what you are doing with this stupid troll of a thread.

I don't brag. I don't try and inflate my own fragile ego with stupid crap like this thread.

Edit: Seriously, you live across the country from detroit. Why come into the Detroit forum, and make this thread? Do you just pop in to knoxville, or bumblef*** Wyoming and start threads asking how it is there?

MotownUberDriver

We should all be worried.
If fools be uberin at .30 per mile in even one American market, it threatens every American market.
I get it. Detroit is ridiculous.

I haven't driven in a while because of it. I don't plan to drive anymore. The only exception would be surge (if I jump in my car). But, honestly, I don't plan on it.

I don't need Uber. It was just a very part time, extra money thing anyway.

But seriously, the OP even creating this thread is just really annoying.

Some people around here may have no choice. They are being exploited. It is a really bad market. Maybe they just can't quit ATM. I'm sure there are many, who have made financial commitments to drive here, that now are FUBAR.

Do any of us in Detroit need this thread? Dude just created it to ridicule people for driving. Look at the title.

Many folks around here just go around saying things like "people must be total morons, idiots, fools, etc., to drive for Uber in Detroit". It's unnecessary, unproductive, and insulting. I think people need to MTOB.

I'm sure the people who have no choice, are aware of Uber's stupid pay. They don't need some arrogant dude from across the country popping into the Detroit market and creating stupid threads like this.

Uber sucks. We know.

TwoFiddyMile

I get it. Detroit is ridiculous.

I haven't driven in a while because of it. I don't plan to drive anymore. The only exception would be surge (if I jump in my car). But, honestly, I don't plan on it.

I don't need Uber. It was just a very part time, extra money thing anyway.

But seriously, the OP even creating this thread is just really annoying.

Some people around here may have no choice. They are being exploited. It is a really bad market. Maybe they just can't quit ATM. I'm sure there are many, who have made financial commitments to drive here, that now are FUBAR.

Do any of us in Detroit need this thread? Dude just created it to ridicule people for driving. Look at the title.

Many folks around here just go around saying things like "people must be total morons, idiots, fools, etc., to drive for Uber in Detroit". It's unnecessary, unproductive, and insulting. I think people need to MTOB.

I'm sure the people who have no choice, are aware of Uber's stupid pay. They don't need some arrogant dude from across the country popping into the Detroit market and creating stupid threads like this.

Uber sucks. We know.
Yes, you are 100% correct. The real victims are guys ubering full time in a hooptie trying to earn enough to get 5 bags of groceries into the fridge by Wednesday evening.
Maybe we can turn this thread around to support those who NEED the income by convincing those who uber for extra money to stop like you have.
Supporting Uber when you dont have to is playing right into their hands.

So guys, if you have no choicd but to Uber Detroit, sorry. You have my support as a pro driver and my empathy.

Everyone else, wise up.

Better?

MotownUberDriver

Yes, you are 100% correct. The real victims are guys ubering full time in a hooptie trying to earn enough to get 5 bags of groceries into the fridge by Wednesday evening.
Maybe we can turn this thread around to support those who NEED the income by convincing those who uber for extra money to stop like you have.
Supporting Uber when you dont have to is playing right into their hands.

So guys, if you have no choicd but to Uber Detroit, sorry. You have my support as a pro driver and my empathy.

Everyone else, wise up.

Better?
I would like this 10 times if I could. Nice post dude.