• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

How’s that UberPro gonna work?

czervik7

So I got started as a “platinum” level on UberPro. I’ve looked at the program and the first thing I realized is, I’m not gonna be able to keep it.

My current stats: 4.91 (no problem), 71% acceptance (85% needed), 11% cancellation (<4% required). But here’s the biggest problem. I need 500 points in 3 months. We get 1 point per ride and 3 points per ride if they’re on high value weekend hours like late nights. I do about 120 rides a month not many during weekend late nights. I’ll never hit 500 points.

UberPro is all about full time drivers, not necessarily good drivers. Even late night drivers here will have trouble with this.

I’ll tell you this, if I don’t decline and cancel some of my requests I’ll lose money on low value rides. This is just another song and dance.

To get all the benefits of UberPro you need to be a “diamond” level driver. That requires all the standard stats above AND 1,000 points! If you think you can do that in Cleveland please respond and tell us if you’re hitting those levels.

I think they started airport rematch early is just to get us loving it before making it something you must earn through UberPro.

LOL @@@@ Uber. It’s EXACTLY a song and dance. The ants will do whatever their master command them. It’s like I keep telling drivers, specially the Indians, find a different profession. The overall goal of ride share or any transport system will be majority DRIVERLESS. Their goal is to slowly kick out all of the decent to excellent drivers out over the next 5-10 years (or less) and attract more ants who will literally do ANYTHING for a paycheck. I mean just the massive amount of retire seniors that clog up Uber alone. Those guys don’t care what they make, they just want away from their old hags.

Michael - Cleveland

I think your observations are all correct. But you can't blame a company for finally putting the incentives where they do the most good for the overall health of the company and the system. This encourages drivers to take more rides which in turn provides better customer service to Riders. For those of us who will never hit those levels to gain real benefit as drivers, it's no big deal. We're not losing anything.

One thing is for certain for me, anyway. As long as they have acceptance rate and cancellation rate requirements, I'll never be in the program!
Post automatically merged:

LOL @@@@ Uber. It’s EXACTLY a song and dance. The ants will do whatever their master command them. It’s like I keep telling drivers, specially the Indians, find a different profession. The overall goal of ride share or any transport system will be majority DRIVERLESS. Their goal is to slowly kick out all of the decent to excellent drivers out over the next 5-10 years (or less) and attract more ants who will literally do ANYTHING for a paycheck. I mean just the massive amount of retire seniors that clog up Uber alone. Those guys don’t care what they make, they just want away from their old hags.
That was one, self-serving, absurd rant. Well done. Ranted like a true Millennial who believes the world and everyone & evetything in it revolves around them. So tell me, why don't you go out and get a real job, with real benefits so you can live your life and raise a family and contribute to society and leave the menial stuff like Rideshare for the retirees?

Last edited:

pizzaladee

It’s useless to me. My rating and cancelation rate are fine, acceptance rate will never come close to 85%, it’s currently 6%. The benefits they offer aren’t enticing enough for me to start accepting every ping they send me.

I think your observations are all correct. But you can't blame a company for finally putting the incentives where they do the most good for the overall health of the company and the system. This encourages drivers to take more rides which in turn provides better customer service to Riders. For those of us who will never hit those levels to gain real benefit as drivers, it's no big deal. We're not losing anything.

One thing is for certain for me, anyway. As long as they have acceptance rate and cancellation rate requirements, I'll never be in the program!

That was one, self-serving, absurd rant. Well done. Ranted like a true Millennial who believes the world and everyone & evetything in it revolves around them. So tell me, why don't you go out and get a real job, with real benefits so you can live your life and raise a family and contribute to society and leave the menial stuff like Rideshare for the retirees?
I served my country for one. For two, this is a half way gig for me. I originally was slotted for a nice construction gig in Youngstown. I have my CDL and HEO license for 10 different machines. But they SOME HOW mistaken my five years of military experience for five years of on the job experience via phone interview. Lucky me. Also lucky me for serving five years, I only have to make up 15 more years in to reach a retirement. That being said, I will probably be State Highway Patrol within the year. Then probably a U.S. Marshall later on. Btw, relax guy. From the sounds of it, looks like what I said offended you. Does it ring true, old man? 😘

czervik7

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s useless to me. My rating and cancelation rate are fine, acceptance rate will never come close to 85%, it’s currently 6%. The benefits they offer aren’t enticing enough for me to start accepting every ping they send me.
You accept just 6% of rides??? Is that a typo?

pizzaladee

You accept just 6% of rides??? Is that a typo?
Nope. Current acceptance rate. I’m sure some weeks it’s higher. I won’t drive 15+ minutes for a pick up. I won’t pick up in certain areas or streets (w6th for example). I won’t pick up low rated people at bar close. All of these things have caused me problems so I avoid them now.

When I see on the passenger app that they’re charging 3x base rate, yet only giving $1.50 flat surge, I’ll wait until the surge increases. I suppose I could log off while I wait.

I’m not particularly interested in Uber pro. The only real benefit would be seeing trip direction/duration, but then you are obligated to accept 85% of the trips in order to keep seeing it. I’m not willing to take rides that I know will cause me trouble in order to make diamond status. I do what works for me to make the most money and cause the least problems for myself. I’m sure I’ve passed on profitable rides, but I’ve also avoided problematic ones.

Well look at that, I’m up to 7%
881C3DFE-D725-4163-9335-B33A32B37472.png

czervik7

Hell, my cancellation rate is higher than your acceptance rate, lol!

I guess neither of us should be expecting an UberPro patch.

Mitch J.

LOL

Teach1

I’m at the diamond. The one thing I really like is when I get a call it tells me the length and direction of ride. Also 15% off gas. Other benefits some I would use. Since this started I’m at 120 points some were 1 and some were 3.

BD2D9727-8E37-4486-AFB6-883A54B87047.jpeg

Roger in Canton

Had Gold during HOF week, nice seeing where they were headed. But lost it Friday! Dropped to 80%. Anyone else have problem when Google maps is on top (during trip) I don't hear the stacked ping unless I happen to see the banner pop up? But I got it back to 85% by the end of tonight. Guess I need to accept everything for a while.

czervik7

I’m at the diamond. The one thing I really like is when I get a call it tells me the length and direction of ride. Also 15% off gas. Other benefits some I would use. Since this started I’m at 120 points some were 1 and some were 3.
Having the ability to see the length and direction of rides is great. The trick is using that information sparingly enough to keep the 85% acceptance rate.

So for now I’ll just keep trying to position myself in places where longer rides are more probable, declining rides that are consistently short and using my destination filters to get to another long ride possibility or towards home.

I’d like to have Diamond benefits but I doubt I’ll ever have the metrics necessary to attain and keep it. It seems like you’ll easily keep that status. By the way, when they initially proposed this it included a raise in pay (something like 6%) but I don’t see that in what they’re doing here. Do you know if that’s included here?

I will not be achieving diamond status anything soon. Or ever.

Last night alone I declined about 30 requests for West 6th. I just can’t do it.
I picked up a gal from 6th to Solon. Was a nice 60$ 30 min ride after tip. I totally get why you don’t but at the end of the road, there’s a spot where you can literally sit at and pick people up. I do it most times and get good pick ups.

Had Gold during HOF week, nice seeing where they were headed. But lost it Friday! Dropped to 80%. Anyone else have problem when Google maps is on top (during trip) I don't hear the stacked ping unless I happen to see the banner pop up? But I got it back to 85% by the end of tonight. Guess I need to accept everything for a while.
That NFL reported died Sunday morning in Canton at the Hilton I believe.

pizzaladee

I picked up a gal from 6th to Solon. Was a nice 60$ 30 min ride after tip. I totally get why you don’t but at the end of the road, there’s a spot where you can literally sit at and pick people up. I do it most times and get good pick ups.

That NFL reported died Sunday morning in Canton at the Hilton I believe.
I’ve had plenty of pick ups there.

If it’s early and the street isn’t blocked off, it’s a nightmare trying to dodge the drunks running across the street. If you try to pull over to pick up your pax you have the cops shining their flashlights in your face or blaring their sirens to tell you to move along.

Once they close it off to cars you have the ordeal of trying to contact the pax to tell them whether you’re on Lakeside or St. Clair and where you are. Text messages don’t seem to get delivered, and if they are they aren’t read. Pax can’t hear their phones to answer.

Dive bar is the only one close enough to the road to trigger the timer. Anything in the middle of the street and you’re sitting there waiting for free.

They order an X and try to get 5-6 people in.

2/3 of my pukers have been picked up there.

ALL of my reports have been from there. “Pick up experience”. Because they had to walk to Lakeside to get picked up. 3 reports at the same time because I wouldn’t take 5 people and one of them had to get their own ride.

I’ve had plenty of rides from there that were fine. I had one slip through Saturday night on a stacked ping, and they actually read their text and got to me quickly.

The bad far outweigh the good for me, so it’s just not worth it to do them.

I’ve had one puker ever. Puked a nice heaving spot right in my removable carpet for my SUV. Got 150$ for it with the picture. Was my last ride so ended up with 400$ altogether one Friday. Gotta love it no bad clean up and 150$

pizzaladee

I made it almost a year without a puker, almost exclusively late night driving. They got it all over the outside of my car. If they offered $10 for a car wash, or even to clean it off themselves, I would have been cool. No apology and no cash, so photos I will take. $40 for that one. Felt a little bad.

Second puker was able to tell me to pull over so she could get out. 4 TIMES! Last one was 2 weeks ago, had a bag with her. In hindsight I should have canceled. The bag leaked and left wet spots on the seat. $80 for that one.

pizzaladee

Since the policy change they will give you one freebie. They tell you for future cleanup fees,other than small messes, you will need a detailed receipt.