Houston, TX registered Uber driver - operating in New Orleans

LeviG

I am currently an Uber driver , properly authorized to operate in Houston, TX. May I operate / pick up in New Orleans, LA?

Scuba Steve

You can only drive in the state your driver's license is issued.
This isn’t true in Baton Rouge- I drove for Uber in BR last year and earlier this year with out of state plates/ license / insurance . I had to get a LA inspection sticker but didn’t have to change anything else.

I think New Orleans requires Louisiana registration but can’t say for sure.

Hustlin2Long

I am currently an Uber driver , properly authorized to operate in Houston, TX. May I operate / pick up in New Orleans, LA?
Well the answer is" yes"if you ask for permission from the Hub center located in Louisiana." No"!! Not sure we're your driving from in Texas, but Uber Drivers in Louisiana can take care of our state Ourselfs very well! There's to many drivers as it is, so I recommend you stay in your own state that is Houston, Texas and drive around there or if need be go to other parts of Texas that's more popular! No need to come drive in New Orleans or in Louisiana in general!
Post automatically merged:

Well that's great. Out of state drivers operating in New Orleans. What's next?
That's not "Great", Uber should not allow other drivers from another state to drive unless they are a permanent resident that resides in that State! You must have a valid Louisiana Drivers license and you must of had that driver license in your name for 30 Days or more prior to signing up to drive for Uber! And when approved you have 2-days to take a drug test before driving!
That will eliminate alot of drivers that like to smoke smoke!
Random drug testing of all uber drivers that's been been driving from the start and all new ones after.!

Than the play field would be more lucrative for all that don't do drugs!

This isn’t true in Baton Rouge- I drove for Uber in BR last year and earlier this year with out of state plates/ license / insurance . I had to get a LA inspection sticker but didn’t have to change anything else.

Since Baton Rouge is relaxed in being a Uber driver in that area, why don't you continue to drive in Baton Rouge because we need drivers that are driver in Baton Rouge to stay in there area...no need to come to New Orleans, unless your dropping off a rider to MSY! Then you can head back to Baton Rouge were the riders you needs you and count on your service. Thanks for holding it down for us in Baton Rouge!

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Since Baton Rouge is relaxed in being a Uber driver in that area, why don't you continue to drive in Baton Rouge because we need drivers that are driver in Baton Rouge to stay in there area...no need to come to New Orleans, unless your dropping off a rider to MSY! Then you can head back to Baton Rouge were the riders you needs you and count on your service. Thanks for holding it down for us in Baton Rouge!
Don’t worry about me; I no longer live in Louisiana and never plan to again.

I also don’t drive for Uber any more and the last ride I gave will probably be my last

Hustlin2Long

Don’t worry about me; I no longer live in Louisiana and never plan to again.

I also don’t drive for Uber any more and the last ride I gave will probably be my last
Well sorry you feel that way about Uber/lyft, remember this. They did not twist your hand to work for them you choose to! And I'm very sorry "Louisiana" did not work out for you but wherever the state you go to live in... There a Uber/lyft operating there and depends if you were in good standing when you left them in Louisiana, you should have no problem driving were ever you moved to, go make that extra money for whatever you need it for at the time. Good luck in whatever you do! Keep your head up and make that Money!

ctb

It's bad enough to let other driver's come from different cities in the state, but if they start letting people come in from other states well that is just bullshit. Uber is saturated enough, and needs to get rid of the bad rated driver's that don't give a shit about their car or attitude.

Scuba I am talking about state to state.

Last edited:

Scuba Steve

Scuba I am talking about state to state.
So am I.
Like I said, I drove for Uber in Baton Rouge in 2018 and earlier this year with license plates on my car from a state not named Louisiana . My driver’s license and insurance are also from that other state.

It is allowed in Baton Rouge but I don’t think it’s allowed in New Orleans.

Hustlin2Long

So am I.
Like I said, I drove for Uber in Baton Rouge in 2018 and earlier this year with license plates on my car from a state not named Louisiana . My driver’s license and insurance are also from that other state.

It is allowed in Baton Rouge but I don’t think it’s allowed in New Orleans.
It is allowed in all states but I think California and Nevada you have to be a permanent resident in that state!

You can drive in New Orleans with an out of state driver license and plates, but you have to get permission from the Uber Hub Station that's located in New Orleans!

BostonTaxiDriver

Here in Boston, we can pick up almost anywhere in the New England states but not in Connecticut anymore, and not in Burlington, Vermont, but other parts of Vermont perhaps may be okay.

It differs among regions, obviously.

Rhode Island drivers can't pick up in bordering Massachusetts unless they get approval -- and a stricter Massachusetts background check. If they fail, then they can't drive Uber back in Rhode Island.

(The New England Patriots play much closer to downtown Providence, Rhode Island than to downtime Boston!)