1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Houston tax preparation services

Discussion in 'Houston' started by la8150, Jun 14, 2018.

1. la8150

la8150

Anyone know of a good tax preparer in Houston that is specialized in helping independent contract drivers? I have over 20 K in driver mileage and want to maximize my return. Any help would be appreciated -thanks

2. Strong suggestion: use QuickBooks and Turbo Tax, and do it yourself. We have used QB for many years in the business that I own, and I'm also using it for my driving.

3. la8150

la8150

I was thinking of doing that, but do they have people that can walk you through the deductions for drivers? I just did around 80 man hours retro entering my mileage into mile IQ for the whole year which turned out to be around 40 K miles and 21K that I would like to deduct- on accountant friend of mine said that I can only deduct half of that which doesn’t make sense

4. If your mileage was logged as driving for hire, you can deduct it. Simple as that. Just make sure you have a log showing start and end mileage for every day you drive.

5. Your accountant is a moron.