1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Houston Friday Night 1/15/16 Protest Plan...

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Texstar12, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    I NEED to do something, and I intend on doing this lone wolf or y'all can join me.

GOAL: To raise awareness to DRIVERS that they are losing money, and to slander UBER for what they are doing to drivers across America.

I already quit, so I have nothing to lose. I'm going to drive around a specific route from 8pm-2am through Washington, Downtown, Midtown, Montrose, and Rice Village (see exact route at the bottom of this post). We can form a line, or we can split off. It'll be hard to keep a cortege going through red lights, but if you stick with the route, we'll be able to get noticed.

If you're at a red light, talk to people. See another driver? Convince them to join. Have window paint on hand to write on their windows (at THEIR discretion, of course) and direct them to this thread to find out the route. Need to use the restroom? Feel free to deviate from the route then jump back in.

My red 2014 Chevy Impala LTZ will be decorated with this on the back window:
    [​IMG]

(Sorry, that "Worst Con Since Enron" was very clever. Props to tripAcestripAces for coining it!)

Starting at 8PM, I will start ON Washington @ Shepherd at the El Rey lot and head east down Washington. My goal is to get other drivers' attention and talk with them and have them join in my rolling picket line. Here is the route I will take:

1. East on Washington → Franklin
    2. Right on Main
    3. Right on Lamar
    4. Left on Milam
    5. Left on Dallas
    6. Right on Caroline
    7. Right on St. Joseph
    8. Left on Smith
    9. Right on Gray
    10. Left on Bagby
    11. Left on Hadley
    12. Left on Brazos
    13. Right on Webster
    14. Right on Fannin
    15. Right on McGowen
    16. Right on Louisiana
    17. Left on Hadley
    18. Left on Bagby
    19. Left on McIlhenny
    20. Left on Brazos
    21. Left on Hadley
    22. Left on Bagby
    23. Right on Elgin/Westheimer
    24. Left on Montrose
    25. Right on Autrey (immediate first right after the 59 overpass)
    26. Left on Yoakum
    27. Left on Montrose
    28. Left on Richmond
    29. Left on Kirby
    30. Left on University
    31. Left on Morningside
    32. Left on Rice
    33. Right on Kirby
    34. Right on Alabama
    35. Left on Montrose
    36. Left on Westheimer
    37. Right on Shepherd
    38. Right on Gray
    39. Left on Dunlavy
    40. Left on Dallas
    41. Right on Shepherd
    42. right on Washington... now we've made a loop. And I plan on repeating until 2am.

This is happening. Now, who's in?

2. uberZ

uberZ

I can't post this in the main Houston area? Please repost for me. Hope all is well out there on the 15!

I would like to ask who are the major players, advocates, activist who are working hard to see that TNC drivers are getting a fair deal?

Please if anyone has the email, Facebook or direct contact to the people who are fighting for US drivers please share them here.

It is time that we drivers across the U.S.A. Unite and come together. In order to receive fair hourly wage guarantees. Any and all positive information is good information. Please refrain from using this thread If you have nothing positive to add.

3. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Alrighty, I am at the El Rey inside eating. I'm the only one here of course. If you see me, I'm wearing checkered trousers, red dress shirt and a vest. After eating, I'll need to finish taping propaganda to my car and then I'll head out.

4. take a picture of it. I couldn't leave the house, plus I don't like painting my windows because I don't know how to remove it. I wanted to write obscenities about Uber and join you but just couldn't do it. Hope you get a lot of looks and wake up some of the Uber users to the notion that maybe Uber is a horrible company, because I know deep down everyone has the suspicion.

Texstar12 likes this.
  5. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Ice scraper blade.

6. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Ran out of tape. I'm gonna get tape then proceed alone. If you still wanna join, just get out there and drive. Get the message out of Uber's bait & switch.

7. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    # 38 is w gray. Wish I could even if just to check out your car but I'm home sick with a cold. Only spent 2 hours at my real job today.

Let us know how it goes. I was thinking about a campaign where we pass out fliers. But an idea came up here months ago about putting stickers on the mirrors etc in public restrooms. If one person drove then 4 other drivers (2 males 2 females woukd be ideal) could go in and out of places doing that.

Texstar12 likes this.
  8. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Update: I'm at the CVS on Washington @ TC Jester finishing the propaganda taping. Almost done!

Keyser Söze likes this.
  9. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Update: on the route! Honk if you see me!

Keyser Söze likes this.
  10. You're doing God's work.

Texstar12 likes this.
  11. Critical mass sighted going east on Washington, hopefully you can get near them when they're stopped at a light. There's hundreds of them.

Texstar12 likes this.
  12. Just one more trip

Just one more trip

Driving:
    UberX
    Sorryy to here that. It has been going around quite hard so far this winter.

13. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    I haven't had a cold in about 2 years. This one caught me by surprise. I don't know anyone who's been sick so I probably caught it from a dominos customer. My regular job is in a lab so between the gloves and constant hand washing we hardly ever pass anything around.

I carry sanitizer in my car (everyone should) but I guess something slipped by.

14. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Oh thank god I'm not ubering/delivering pizza in that. They're usually the LAST Friday of the month though.

The problem is they DON'T stop at lights.

Texstar12 likes this.
  15. Maybe it was impromptu since it was a nice day earlier, now it's cooler. They stopped at Studemont, but I think if they didn't they would die. Busy intersection. Do you have any idea what their normal route is and how long they're out? It would be a great way to talk to some people. In other news, I've seen 3 newish cars now with temporary plates all with cell phones mounted on windshield. They all looked like Uber drivers. Smh.

Texstar12 likes this.
  16. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    Too many uber drivers out here!!! Argh!!!Lap 1 complete. On to Lap 2. May skip rice village diverge.

17. Where you at, have you been getting any reaction??

18. Texstar12

Texstar12

Driving:
    Taxi
    I'm at Gray and Dunlavy heading back to Washington @ Shepherd. Yes, downtown, people cheered. Drivers shamefully looked away after we locked eyes. Lololol Also been blasting Twisted Sister's "We're not gonna take it."

19. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    The route is not always the same. I have seen them not stop at that and many other other busy intersections in the past. I've sat at a light while it changed 15 times waiting.

The police SOMETIMES direct traffic and stop them but only every 3 or 4 light cycles.

They want respect from drivers they should follow the damn rules of the road.

itsablackmarket likes this.
  20. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Cool. I applaud you. At 2 am you should park at the Subway by Dogwood etc. Many drivers there and all the drunken pax. Maybe you can get some to turn off the app and force a surge.