Houston Driver Meeting- Monday October 5 at 11am

GoneUber

For those interested, we are having a meeting:

Where: Juicy in the Sky
4720 Washington Ave, Houston, TX 77007

This will be a great opportunity to meet other drivers and even talk about the upcoming strike. Hope to see you there. If you can't make it, let us know and one of us can post what we discussed.

UberMensch2015

Why do you keep doing this on weekday mornings? Almost all of us have day jobs. This is the second attempt at this and it's really stupid. Do it on a Saturday or Sunday morning or weekday evening when it's quiet.

tripAces

Come on why the long face!?!

You know why I got these scars? You see it was because I was so sad about a strike actually happening. Then after the pain set in I realized I wouldn't be sad anymore. The strike happened but not very successful. But in the end I was.....SMILING! *jokers laugh*

Oh don't mind me I am just joking around. Or am I!?! Hahahaha

GoneUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks to all of the drivers who came out this morning! It was nice meeting you all.

Special shout out to UberNorthStar for helping me organize this meeting and I look forward to seeing you again soon. Search for the posters on this forum and be sure to help distribute these around your area. Inform your pax and ask for their support. Use social media to spread the word! :smiles:

GoneUber

Why do you keep doing this on weekday mornings? Almost all of us have day jobs. This is the second attempt at this and it's really stupid. Do it on a Saturday or Sunday morning or weekday evening when it's quiet.
Why not organize a weekend meeting yourself and report back? Stop complaining and take some initiative.

GoneUber

I will organize another meeting for those complaining about the dates and times.

So same place, this Saturday morning at 11am.

So now what do you have to complain about? See you there!

Weatherdawg

I so love the bitterness and vitriol here. I'll just go back to being a lurker (not quite a troll)...

Hang on, I need to get my phone off the rock.

GoneUber

Here are a few good points that were brought up today:

1. This is a passive "strike". The main idea is to get drivers to simply not go online during the specified times. Just don't log into the app. Done! You are participating. It's that simple.

2. Not all drivers can make this sacrifice. That's ok. If you agree with those protesting/striking/whatever then at least educate your pax about it. Done! You are participating. It's that simple.

3. For those who don't agree or don't care to participate- that's ok too. It's not mandatory and no one is judging (at least not me). No threats, no fights. Keep it moving as everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

4. Doing something is better than doing nothing. There are many ways to have your voice heard. This forum is one of those outlets. The strike is one of those ways to shine a light on your plight or frustration as well.

5. The fake request thing only creates a divide between drivers. Some people drive for Uber on weekends to make ends meet. Don't feel bad if this is your situation and don't judge others if it's not.

6. Regardless of who does or doesn't participate, ALL drivers would benefit from ANY changes are made to increase fares, increase Tips or reduce fees.

7. The complaining is ineffective and doesn't yield results. Instead of complaining about meeting times or dates, schedule your own with drivers in your area at a time that suits you all. Then report back and share what was discussed. Right now the goal is to spread the word. The more people (drivers and riders) know about the strike, the more effective this could be.

8. Is it so bad to meet your colleagues/coworkers? Jeez guys. It's a harmless meeting with those who happen to have somethig in common- driving for Uber.

I'm not one to troll the Internet and pick a fight or bad mouth anyone. It's useless and immature. I am one to speak up when I see injustice and make the changes that I can. I also admit that being an Uber driver is not for me but that doesn't mean that I can't speak against it. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Weatherdawg

Thank you for the meeting notes... I truly believe that is all we really wanted.

If I could get there (away from work/kids/crazywifeladything), I would. Thanks for putting the info out and organizing everything you have... seriously :smiles:

Time to put my phone on a rock.

tripAces

I also admit that being an Uber driver is not for me but that doesn't mean that I can't speak against it
Wonderful.

So can you tell us when the mtg with the Lawyers will happen? I would like to go to that mtg to see how to stop backlash from Uber.
That is "if" they take this seriously.

UBERXHOUSTON

Here are a few good points that were brought up today:

1. This is a passive "strike". The main idea is to get drivers to simply not go online during the specified times. Just don't log into the app. Done! You are participating. It's that simple.

2. Not all drivers can make this sacrifice. That's ok. If you agree with those protesting/striking/whatever then at least educate your pax about it. Done! You are participating. It's that simple.

3. For those who don't agree or don't care to participate- that's ok too. It's not mandatory and no one is judging (at least not me). No threats, no fights. Keep it moving as everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs.

4. Doing something is better than doing nothing. There are many ways to have your voice heard. This forum is one of those outlets. The strike is one of those ways to shine a light on your plight or frustration as well.

5. The fake request thing only creates a divide between drivers. Some people drive for Uber on weekends to make ends meet. Don't feel bad if this is your situation and don't judge others if it's not.

6. Regardless of who does or doesn't participate, ALL drivers would benefit from ANY changes are made to increase fares, increase Tips or reduce fees.

7. The complaining is ineffective and doesn't yield results. Instead of complaining about meeting times or dates, schedule your own with drivers in your area at a time that suits you all. Then report back and share what was discussed. Right now the goal is to spread the word. The more people (drivers and riders) know about the strike, the more effective this could be.

8. Is it so bad to meet your colleagues/coworkers? Jeez guys. It's a harmless meeting with those who happen to have somethig in common- driving for Uber.

I'm not one to troll the Internet and pick a fight or bad mouth anyone. It's useless and immature. I am one to speak up when I see injustice and make the changes that I can. I also admit that being an Uber driver is not for me but that doesn't mean that I can't speak against it. I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Thank you for the info, it is nice to know that you care about the drivers in Houston.

GoneUber

Thank you for the meeting notes... I truly believe that is all we really wanted.

If I could get there (away from work/kids/crazywifeladything), I would. Thanks for putting the info out and organizing everything you have... seriously :smiles:

Time to put my phone on a rock.
It takes a village. UberNorthStar is working for all drivers too!

GoneUber

Wonderful.

So can you tell us when the mtg with the Lawyers will happen? I would like to go to that mtg to see how to stop backlash from Uber.
That is "if" they take this seriously.
I've just had 3 job interviews in 3 days (including by phone). I honestly may not be around for that meeting. However at least I took some initiative and put myself out there in a positive way while I had the time.

Your sarcastic tone is unnecessary But since you have SO much to say, I take it you'll be at the next meeting. Did the Saturday time frame suit your schedule? We can change it just for you. :smiles:

tripAces

I've just had 3 job interviews in 3 days (including by phone). I honestly may not be around for that meeting. However at least I took some initiative and put myself out there in a positive way while I had the time.

Your sarcastic tone is unnecessary But since you have SO much to say, I take it you'll be at the next meeting. Did the Saturday time frame suit your schedule? We can change it just for you. :smiles:
Me being sarcastic. At least I am not using condescending tone when people are saying they can't make weekday meetings.
Also I won't be going. You missed my point of my post. It does say a mtg with Lawyers?
I would really feel bad to get involved directly then have changes happen. Only to have a month or 2 later commission rates go up. Or other ways to recoup money.
Its one thing to go to Uber over not wanting to take X pax in a Black Car. But its another to demand rate changes and all without having a good binding contract to agree to with minimum caps in place and cap the commission as they are. To block any recourse on Ubers part.

But I am sure no one cares about backlash since everyone side steps the question.