• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hours online & no requests

coriborealis

A friend told me when I started driving two months ago, “you’ll be busy in the beginning and it will seem to be a reliable way to make some decent money. Before long though, requests will dry up and it will be a challenge to make any money at all.”

For the first month, there was a constant flow of requests. The past few weeks, I go online and wait an hour or two before getting a request, and may only see three requests in 4+ hours online. Is this a typical experience or am I doing this to myself unwittingly?

Coachman

That's not normal for my market. On average, I get my first ping within 10 - 15 minutes of leaving home. Today I got my first ping within 3 minutes.

There have been times where I've waited up to an hour. But that's very rare.

A friend told me when I started driving two months ago, “you’ll be busy in the beginning and it will seem to be a reliable way to make some decent money. Before long though, requests will dry up and it will be a challenge to make any money at all.”

For the first month, there was a constant flow of requests. The past few weeks, I go online and wait an hour or two before getting a request, and may only see three requests in 4+ hours online. Is this a typical experience or am I doing this to myself unwittingly?
Everything depends on your market, where and when you drive.

RabbleRouser

👉Seems “your friend” already supplied the answer to ur inquiry ✅

IR12

3 requests in 4+hrs?
What's your plan B look like?

Valar Dohaeris

It is true they feed the noobs.

94% of all drivers are gone in a year. 20% don't last 10 trips. 30% quit every 90 days.

Buh bye.
I'm sorry, but I have trouble believing that. Are a bunch of people going through the hassle of signing up only to do 4 rides and realize this isn't for them? One in every 5 drivers?

Jay Dean

Is.your.wifi.off?

If on WiFi constantly searches for hosts and is believed to interrupt flow of data, been that way for me and many others, let me know if you have it off and get same result.

RabbleRouser

I'm sorry, but I have trouble believing that. Are a bunch of people going through the hassle of signing up only to do 4 rides and realize this isn't for them? One in every 5 drivers?
Hassle signing up”
Seriously 😐?
I can see why a 4 year college has eluded U.

U could be squeezing a loaf and still easily sign up
Click click 🆗 ▶ 🆒 Enter. Done

🙃 and they say Uber drivers are Lazy 🙃 Nonsense ✅

Last edited:

Valar Dohaeris

I didn't say it involved donating a kidney. I suppose a lot of people sign up and never drive as opposed to signing up, giving 7 rides and quitting.

Jay Dean

I didn't say it involved donating a kidney. I suppose a lot of people sign up and never drive as opposed to signing up, giving 7 rides and quitting.
It’s a cab job, anyone with half a brain quits after 2 rides, btw I am at 5k rides and finally got it and will never drive a pax again.

Valar Dohaeris

My outlook at 1100 rides is pretty similar to what it was after 10 (the dreaded 20% dropout rate!): a few rides suck, most don't & people are nice, and I make a little money. And if my outlook changes and I stop driving, I certainly won't spend my days haunting a website dedicated to the gig I despise so much.

Jay Dean

My outlook at 1100 rides is pretty similar to what it was after 10 (the dreaded 20% dropout rate!): a few rides suck, most don't & people are nice, and I make a little money. And if my outlook changes and I stop driving, I certainly won't spend my days haunting a website dedicated to the gig I despise so much.
LOL, helping? Maybe that concept is beyond you. If you can handle pax, I’m certain you can handle txt, or ignore truth lol. Sounds like you may be focusing on the wrong elements. But glad you are one to poke at people that speak realism and truth. Hope that fills whatever “thing” you need. Fact is people aren’t actually stupid, and if they hear truth they might just open their eyes and do things that benefit them instead of being used. Obviously not all can see things that way, many need to be spoon fed what they are given instead of seeing reality.

I’ll take a few of you, for others to ponder the other idea of what they are actually doing.

Jacdino

My area is 6 hrs. after speaking to support just yesterday about this their reply in my area is watch your clock you have 6 hrs sounds crazy to me. One thing that's puzzles me they say you check the clock in the "Account" for time. I don't have a clock. Is anyone else experience this problem or is just my app with other issues

Cdub2k

I know people who tried it and didn't like it and stopped. My wife stopped after a little under 100 trips. BTW during the time she did drive Uber made sure she always had an Airport Trip and return trip just about every time she logged in.

She stopped driving after the first bad incident she had. Somebody peed their pants in her vehicle and that was it she quit after she got her "cleaning fee"

Jay Dean

I know people who tried it and didn't like it and stopped. My wife stopped after a little under 100 trips. BTW during the time she did drive Uber made sure she always had an Airport Trip and return trip just about every time she logged in.

She stopped driving after the first bad incident she had. Somebody peed their pants in her vehicle and that was it she quit after she got her "cleaning fee"
What a silly reason to stop being used by tech nerds in California, sheesh.

UberBeemer

Its true. I signed up my sisters fiancee and he quit in two days.