Hourly Rate and $ Per Miles are down-Again

Uberbuddy123

Good Morning.

Update on the week

Based on the new quests-> my $ per hour has gone down $2.75 a reduction of almost 10%.

My $ per mile also dropped as well -> I was struggling to keep it above $1 but with the new quests I now have gone to $.97 a decrease of 3%.

With the weekend quest I do not see any change from the week.

So with the new Uber Pro- it seems I effectively got a reduction of 10% on gross pay.

Thanks Uber.

PS:> And yes the reduction is my fault- I do not know how to run make money and I am also getting paid by TOS

Last edited:

UberMpls

Uber has you by the balls. Cut your pay over and over again but the people keep driving for them. You need to start working for yourself.

YukonDew

You need to start working for yourself.
Yes. That is the only answer to getting up each day and having total control of your life. Started my first business two years ago. Should have done it 20 years ago if it had not been for the things I learned along the way that are helping me now. Figure out what you enjoy and build a business around it. Uber’s flexibly compliments the unpredictable needs of someone starting a business. But don’t rely on it for a long term source of income or it will ultimately be a disappointment.

Slyster

Unless you are from a very poor country or just so poor that $20K/year sounds amazing.. it is time to get a full time gig and Uber on the side. That's the only thing that makes financial sense these days.. and probably what Uber wants.

Mikejay

I just got a serving job with no serving experience yesterday. Whole process was 24 hours and I start tomorrow. Us9ng that to supplement my income.
Post automatically merged:

and making sure I have something to fall back on if my car ever decides to crap out.

Reactions: Asq

Mikejay

Just get a graveyard security job and study all night. Keep doing that until you progress to a decent paying job.
I'm a corporate recruiter with a bachelor's and I make good money. Just trying to aggressively pay off bills, then going back for my MBA so I think I'll skip overnight security bro.

UbeRoBo

Uber has you by the balls. Cut your pay over and over again but the people keep driving for them. You need to start working for yourself.
And it's going to keep getting worse and worse. Now with UBER trading on the NYSE the pressure is huge for them to stop the bleeding. CEO gets 100 Million $$ bonus if he can keep the market cap above $80 Billion for the next few months. Guess who is going to get the squeeze? You only need to go look in the mirror for the answer. The collective has proven time and time again that they will continue driving no matter how tightly they get squeezed. Enjoy the cuts and look forward to even more cuts coming soon. You guys are your own worst enemies. Time to get a spine and make a stance.

Uberbuddy123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And it's going to keep getting worse and worse. Now with UBER trading on the NYSE the pressure is huge for them to stop the bleeding. CEO gets 100 Million $$ bonus if he can keep the market cap above $80 Billion for the next few months. Guess who is going to get the squeeze? You only need to go look in the mirror for the answer. The collective has proven time and time again that they will continue driving no matter how tightly they get squeezed. Enjoy the cuts and look forward to even more cuts coming soon. You guys are your own worst enemies. Time to get a spine and make a stance.
We are Uber Drivers- we have no spine

Mikejay

sweet two posts so far. Keep them coming! I literally only come here for your words of wisdom oh godly one!

Asq

I'm a corporate recruiter with a bachelor's and I make good money. Just trying to aggressively pay off bills, then going back for my MBA so I think I'll skip overnight security bro.
Oh, I guess your corporate job with "good" pay isn't that great then. Good luck with your MBA "bro".

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
I've got an MBA and I drive for Uber on the side. I guess I'm not making as much $$$ at my day job as I thought I'd be.

homelesswarlock

Good Morning.

Update on the week

Based on the new quests-> my $ per hour has gone down $2.75 a reduction of almost 10%.

My $ per mile also dropped as well -> I was struggling to keep it above $1 but with the new quests I now have gone to $.97 a decrease of 3%.

With the weekend quest I do not see any change from the week.

So with the new Uber Pro- it seems I effectively got a reduction of 10% on gross pay.

Thanks Uber.

PS:> And yes the reduction is my fault- I do not know how to run make money and I am also getting paid by TOS
Screw quests. Go buy a chevy suburban and do Uber Black SUV. Park in North Loop and make 500$ per day. There, I told you the best kept secret.

Or buy a Lincoln MKT and do Lux/ Select. Park on Washington and wait for pings. Hang out where rich people are.

B91904CE-E47D-493C-A0D8-1BAAF753B66F.png

Look at these random ants that don’t know wtf they’re doing.

Now look at these Lux guys all smashed in one place. That’s 8 cars lined up on Washington.
74BF6E22-AA3C-4FA0-8E60-86D4829D8DDC.png

dctcmn

The only solution is to keep driving (and complaining to us, but also keep driving while you're complaining, but keep driving).

Unfortunately, the airline pilots unions continuous scabbing on other unions has destroyed the labor movement. All pilots are complete pieces of garbage.

Mikejay

Oh, I guess your corporate job with "good" pay isn't that great then. Good luck with your MBA "bro".
Sounds like your upset I have a better job then you and mad that I pointed it out "bro". Dont worry keep studying maybe you will get that better job someday.

Dont worry I did overnight security in college. Just work hard and drink energy drinks, you can do it!

Uberbuddy123

The only solution is to keep driving (and complaining to us, but also keep driving while you're complaining, but keep driving).

Unfortunately, the airline pilots unions continuous scabbing on other unions has destroyed the labor movement. All pilots are complete pieces of garbage.
So it is okay for you to post your hourly earnings and pretend all is great but I cannot post and show that Uber pro is an effective tool to reduce my pay?

dctcmn

So it is okay for you to post your hourly earnings and pretend all is great but I cannot post and show that Uber pro is an effective tool to reduce my pay?
So what specific action are you going to take to change the fact that Uber Pro is is reducing your pay?

Are you going to stop driving? Or are you going to drive less? Are you going to drive differently?

Or are you going to keep doing the same thing and complain that you're making less?

Three of these options have a chance of maybe accomplishing something. Complaining and changing nothing accomplishes nothing.

Uberbuddy123

So what specific action are you going to take to change the fact that Uber Pro is is reducing your pay?

Are you going to stop driving? Or are you going to drive less? Are you going to drive differently?

Or are you going to keep doing the same thing and complain that you're making less?

Three of these options have a chance of maybe accomplishing something. Complaining and changing nothing accomplishes nothing.
What did you accomplish with your post ?