• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hourly Guarantees from the past few weeks

Nomad

I noticed this a few Saturdays ago: the original email describing the hourly guarantees stated that if you work from 2pm-10pm that day, they would guarantee a certain amount of paid fares per hour so long as you met the criteria of averaging 2 trips per hour, keeping your acceptance rate over 80%, and completing at least 25% of the trips you accepted.

Then, when it came time to work, the stated hourly guarantee had changed to two different time slots: 2pm-5pm and 5pm to 10pm.

Well, they did the same thing this past Thursday and Friday with the 10pm-3am guarantees. They split it up into 10pm-midnight and midnight-3am without telling anyone. I received the email about 20 minutes before the Thursday guarantee started, so they didn't even have time to inform anyone they had changed the criteria - IMO, they just straight up lied on the original email.

So I met the requirements for both nights as stated in the original email, but once Uber split up these two nights into two different time slots on each night... guess who didn't qualify anymore.

I've been back and forth with them through about 8 emails now and they just keep parroting the same answer without reading my replies (I've never had it go this long - they usually comprehend and resolve by the 3rd or 4th email), so I'm pretty sure this is going to require a face-to-face or arbitration.

The reason I'm sharing this info is that I think everyone needs to go check their logs and see if they did the same to you.

For each night, the 5 hour block would require a minimum of 10 trips.

For Thursday night, if you're a 20% and you made less than $80 (5 hours x $20 per hour x 80% after Uber cut) while meeting the other requirements, you're due your guarantee to make up the difference. If you're 25%, that number is $75.

For Friday night, 20%ers are due $88 and 25%ers are due $82.50.

For you, it may only mean a couple bucks but for me it meant a total of $84.60 between both nights and more importantly, it means that indeed Uber will lie and cheat their drivers/partners.

I'll try to remember to update this post once/if it's resolved, but I imagine I'm in for a long haul to get my $84.60 :mad:

Rat

I noticed this a few Saturdays ago: the original email describing the hourly guarantees stated that if you work from 2pm-10pm that day, they would guarantee a certain amount of paid fares per hour so long as you met the criteria of averaging 2 trips per hour, keeping your acceptance rate over 80%, and completing at least 25% of the trips you accepted.

Then, when it came time to work, the stated hourly guarantee had changed to two different time slots: 2pm-5pm and 5pm to 10pm.

Well, they did the same thing this past Thursday and Friday with the 10pm-3am guarantees. They split it up into 10pm-midnight and midnight-3am without telling anyone. I received the email about 20 minutes before the Thursday guarantee started, so they didn't even have time to inform anyone they had changed the criteria - IMO, they just straight up lied on the original email.

So I met the requirements for both nights as stated in the original email, but once Uber split up these two nights into two different time slots on each night... guess who didn't qualify anymore.

I've been back and forth with them through about 8 emails now and they just keep parroting the same answer without reading my replies (I've never had it go this long - they usually comprehend and resolve by the 3rd or 4th email), so I'm pretty sure this is going to require a face-to-face or arbitration.

The reason I'm sharing this info is that I think everyone needs to go check their logs and see if they did the same to you.

For each night, the 5 hour block would require a minimum of 10 trips.

For Thursday night, if you're a 20% and you made less than $80 (5 hours x $20 per hour x 80% after Uber cut) while meeting the other requirements, you're due your guarantee to make up the difference. If you're 25%, that number is $75.

For Friday night, 20%ers are due $88 and 25%ers are due $82.50.

For you, it may only mean a couple bucks but for me it meant a total of $84.60 between both nights and more importantly, it means that indeed Uber will lie and cheat their drivers/partners.

I'll try to remember to update this post once/if it's resolved, but I imagine I'm in for a long haul to get my $84.60 :mad:
The guarantees are pre-commission

Nomad

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The guarantees are pre-commission
I covered that in the post.

This is about them splitting up the the qualifying hours in a way advantageous to them... so they wouldn't have to pay the guarantee.

In the end, I went to the Greenlight Hub and they deposited my money that day.

Rat

I covered that in the post.

This is about them splitting up the the qualifying hours in a way advantageous to them... so they wouldn't have to pay the guarantee.

In the end, I went to the Greenlight Hub and they deposited my money that day.
Was this is Tallahassee? I never saw any guarantees