Hourly guarantee VS. earning boost?

Moenofal

Hello,
I've only been driving for 2 months and I was pretty much getting the hourly guarantee ($30-$35 an hour) for the past few weeks. Last week they changed it up on my by giving me the new promo, earnings boost. Now I only drive part time 15-20 hours per week, anywhere between 25 to 30 pick ups. But this week, I had plans and only drove 10 hours during the earning boost guarantee.

On Sunday night, they took away the earnings guarantee and they put me back on the hourly guarantee. I think I liked the boost guarantee better because I didn't have to worry about getting 1.5 pickup per hour and I just made more money during the boost. I made $90 on Sunday in exactly 3 hours.

Now my question is, how do you qualify for each guarantee? Did I lose the boost and got put back on the hourly guarantee because I only worked 10 hours and only had 18 pickups?

Also, I get the $30 an hour guarantee while some get as much as $40. Is that because I only work 20 hours and other work 50+?
If anyone can shedd some light on this, especially which guarantee you get offered that would be great. Thanks in advance.

WestSubDriver

I'm fairly new at this myself. Goal is part-time, flexible income that is worth my while. I've found my sweet spot just focusing on the Hourly Guarantees on Friday and Saturday nights ($30-$35). Very interested to hear that others have been offered as much as $40/hr. There is perhaps only one week in the past few months when I didn't get an Hourly Guarantee and I just didn't drive. I passed on driving last weekend due to Earnings Boost offer as it was only for a limited portion of the city (a long drive for me and I just wasn't going to chase that) and appeared to be less money than my previous guarantees. Received Hourly Guarantee again for this weekend but it dropped a little to $28-$34. I'm also interested to hear if anyone has figured out any rhyme or reason to it. Obviously Uber is not going to give you any real answer.

Sure

I'm fairly new at this myself. Goal is part-time, flexible income that is worth my while. I've found my sweet spot just focusing on the Hourly Guarantees on Friday and Saturday nights ($30-$35). Very interested to hear that others have been offered as much as $40/hr. There is perhaps only one week in the past few months when I didn't get an Hourly Guarantee and I just didn't drive. I passed on driving last weekend due to Earnings Boost offer as it was only for a limited portion of the city (a long drive for me and I just wasn't going to chase that) and appeared to be less money than my previous guarantees. Received Hourly Guarantee again for this weekend but it dropped a little to $28-$34. I'm also interested to hear if anyone has figured out any rhyme or reason to it. Obviously Uber is not going to give you any real answer.

It's all for data, they want to know what gets us on the road. Each group will get a different incentive, and what works best, and costs Uber the least amount of money, is what will be the ultimate winner. Seems they have lowered the amounts... More data.

Jaydawg

Hello,
I've only been driving for 2 months and I was pretty much getting the hourly guarantee ($30-$35 an hour) for the past few weeks. Last week they changed it up on my by giving me the new promo, earnings boost. Now I only drive part time 15-20 hours per week, anywhere between 25 to 30 pick ups. But this week, I had plans and only drove 10 hours during the earning boost guarantee.

On Sunday night, they took away the earnings guarantee and they put me back on the hourly guarantee. I think I liked the boost guarantee better because I didn't have to worry about getting 1.5 pickup per hour and I just made more money during the boost. I made $90 on Sunday in exactly 3 hours.

Now my question is, how do you qualify for each guarantee? Did I lose the boost and got put back on the hourly guarantee because I only worked 10 hours and only had 18 pickups?

Also, I get the $30 an hour guarantee while some get as much as $40. Is that because I only work 20 hours and other work 50+?
If anyone can shedd some light on this, especially which guarantee you get offered that would be great. Thanks in advance.
Consider yourself lucky. I received NO GUARANTEE OR BOOST this weekend. A vast majority of my trips occur in the suburbs and I think Uber is trying to get more city drivers the fare boost. To answer your question, you didn't lose a certain guarantee. Uber moves them around to test the market. They analyze the data, and then make decisions based on the results.

FWIW there were far fewer Uber drivers in the suburbs tonight. Either they all went to the city or they stayed home because it wasn't worth it. And even though I was one of the few who went out, tonight I made $85 (including tips) on 11 rides over 5 hours; which is pitiful for a Friday night. I'm hoping they bring back the guarantee soon!

Sure

The 1.4-1.5 last night wasn't enough to get me out there last night. I left it for all of you. I was checking the app and was surprised that there was no surge, at all. There was so many drivers, everywhere. I'm sure Uber saves so much money paying the driver 1.4-1.5 over the hourly that they offer. This has to be the future of incentives.

WestSubDriver

I agree completely that Uber obviously has to keep tweaking the model to optimize driver availability to meet demand at the lowest cost. It's going to be really interesting to see how this model plays out and whether its sustainable. It appears that alot of drivers just won't be out there (like myself) unless there are guarantees. Over the past couple of months they have actually paid me to be on the road (guarantee payments > their take of the fare). And that is just at the level that I'm willing to accept to be on the road after I calculate gas cost, extra maintenance and extra value depreciation in my vehicle, which I've been tracking since I started.

Fjavier1203

Ok I gave it shot last night..... I live outside Chicago so sad to see the guarantees go . It was nice to work closer to home and get paid for the time in and out of the city but for actual driving time I made about the same.... So for the city drivers boost maybe better no pool or acceptance issues and u know what your getting not fighting with Uber on math problems....

Uberkiddo

Hello,

Did you get boost during the week? Or was it only the weekend

Uguy22

Ok I gave it shot last night..... I live outside Chicago so sad to see the guarantees go . It was nice to work closer to home and get paid for the time in and out of the city but for actual driving time I made about the same.... So for the city drivers boost maybe better no pool or acceptance issues and u know what your getting not fighting with Uber on math problems....
If you live in the city like I do I will do in 3 hours at least 15 trips in a slow weekend. The boost has the advantage that if I end up in a bad part of town or in a far away suburb at 2 or 3 am I can turn out the app and drive back home without being penalized. If it is busy, boost brings me more money than hr guaranteed.

Uberkiddo

Anybody with boost this weekend get their weekly Guarntee yet?! I just wanna see if I'm out the running lol or should I be looking for it tomorrow.

Moenofal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody with boost this weekend get their weekly Guarntee yet?! I just wanna see if I'm out the running lol or should I be looking for it tomorrow.
I received the hourly guarantee for the week earlier in the day. They sent me the email and texted me around 1:00pm. I hope you get it pal!!!