1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Hot Spots In Philly / Delaware County

Discussion in 'Philadelphia' started by Kenneth P., Sep 6, 2015.

1. I am new to Uber and am starting tommorow. I will be out by Elywn and then rotating to Philly and DelCo. Ill be working like 9am - 3pm every day. What does Surge Mean .What are your ideas to make the most money. Thanks in Advance for the help. And no Stupid Posts Please.

2. Limovan

Limovan

Driving:
    UberX
    Surge is when you are making money. As far as elwyn, your money will be slow. I never see any action in that area. Looks like you need to be in Philly.

3. o ok well then if thats the case, you suggest just coming down to the airport area or centercity immediately then...

4. Limovan

Limovan

Driving:
    UberX
    Not the airport. You can't pick up there. Uber isn't allowed to pick up pax there. You can drop off however..

5. no surge, no money.

if you work 9 - 3pm, you will be making profit for uber, while making low wage, like 9-12$/hour not including your own expenses.

do the math:
    average ride will be $3.20. You will be giving 4 rides an hour, at most. With other drivers being online, you will be probably be sitting there for 10-20 minutes without any requests.

-------

in a distant past, the golden days, when surge was a real thing, I made $50-$60 / hour. I only worked friday, saturday, and made $400-$600 in two days, no sweat. in those days i have seen MD doctors working for Uber and making descent side cash.

Today, the dark ages, You will be working 12 (bathroom break is not included) hours a day, to make $80-100, and you will be working your ass.

let us know how it goes...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. Limovan

Limovan

Driving:
    UberX
    He's right. Pick and choose your days. Sit back a week and watch the app and see how everything flows. That way you can get a idea of what spots and when..