1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Hot or Not

Discussion in 'Ratings' started by elelegido, Jan 7, 2017.

1. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

It seems to me that pax are quite shallow and I heavily suspect that they rate drivers based on how attractive he/she is. My proof so far is that I am of low average to average attractiveness (probably around the midpoint between the Elephant Man / "face only a mother could love" and Brad Pitt) - about a 6.0 on the 1 to 10 scale. I consequently have a mediocre driver rating of 4.76. Also, I have found that when I wear a hat to keep my bald head warm on these chilly, frosty mornings and therefore conceal the offending baldness, my rating seems to improve.

This is scientific research of great importance - please post how ugly or hot you are (1 to 10) and your Uber rating and we'll see if there is a link.

Clifford Chong and Danny3xd like this.
  2. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ugly old fart here in the eyes of the younger passengers and college brat crowd i drive around. Fairly attractive for someone my age .No clue what my overall 1-10 score is. Have a 4.8 rating. If it wasn't for the many "Excellent Navigation" badges I've aquired plus the "good job - smooth brakes" comments I'm sure my rating would be even lower.

3. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

I think ratings are more about the car than anything else. I have a nice car and get great ratings without really doing anything special.

I also think some riders will sometimes give low ratings because they personally are having a crappy day. Nothing you can do about that.

Bottom line, as long as your ratings are not low enough to get you deactivated, I wouldn't worry about them. I doubt the riders ever look at them.

4. Iceagetlc

Iceagetlc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'm a terrible judge of my own appearance but I've never had a problem with the ladies, and I drive a Select car so there's that, but I'm at 4.92 and haven't gotten anything less than 5 stars in over 3 weeks.

5. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

I'm an old guy to a 23 year old but I have a full year of hair. back with 30-40 % gray.

My night time ratings are better than my daytime ratings. This seems to favor your theory.

I have more anecdotal evidence.

I had a college girl, senior going into Medical school, last week tell me I had a cute laugh. She was sitting directly behind me and it was dark, she also referenced Mature men k owing how to satisfy a woman sexually. and.... thanked me for getting them to their destination safely and wanted me to pick them up later. Her friend, rear seat behind passenger seat kept saying oh my God ,Brianna stop it Brianna , I can't believe you BriAnna. The friend had a clear view of me.

I had a young girl of 23 flat out not believe I am the age I am, it was dusk. she also told me I was sweet and left a comment. (I suspect she was a hooker though.. so this may or may not count )

3 18 year-old girls (so they claimed) gave me a one star. I picked them up at 3 in the afternoon and sunny. the same group all crammed in the back seat after opening the from the door and then shutting it.

Finally, my wife will not make love with me during the day or at night with the lights or TV on.

As far as I'm concerned, this is more than enough proof to confirm your theory.

*Most of the above is true.

6. senorCRV

senorCRV Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm 350 pounds and 40. I have a rating of 4.9

7. senorCRV

Driving:
    UberX
    If you Let them out of your trunk you'll get better ratings.

8. elelegido

Proof enough for me.

9. elelegido

Ah, but do you have personality? Personality goes a long way.

10. senorCRV

Driving:
    UberX
    I fart a lot, does that count?

11. mikechch

mikechch Active Member

You will find that if your appearance gathers good ratings from women by themselves it will usually get you poor ratings from men with their partners.

Fubernuber likes this.
  12. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

I think it comes down to likeability. I had a 2005 car so I dont think you necessarily need a nice or particularly new car.

13. Clifford Chong

Clifford Chong Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes the shallowness is real. Society will always treat those who are attractive better than those who aren't. It's a fact of life.

I would easily fit the 4/10 category and I have a 4.79 rating after 4200 trips. No deactivation warnings, serious pax complaints, nothing.

My car is a 2016 Honda Civic so I doubt it's that.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    Ubergirlzz likes this.
  14. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    People are people - shallow? Yes, of course! I have a 4.88 rating with just over 250 rides. I have been hit on by men (and one woman who couldn't believe I was 52 -- I do look young for my age). One guy asked me to go up to his apartment with him, several guys have asked me to go have drinks with them - of course, I turned these "invites" down. I have a compliment that states "you are a very pretty woman". To rate myself? Eh, I don't know. I'm not ugly, but I'm certainly not Marilyn Monroe either.

I have a newer car that I try (notice I said "try") to keep spotless - I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to my car anyway. I use Lysol wipes and wipe everything down and I carry Gain scented Febreeze spray for those smelly passengers (haha) and roll the windows down to air the car out after each ride. I think pax appreciate 1) A good driver 2) A clean car 3) A driver that doesn't drive SLOW 4) A driver that has a personality. I don't really know if looks matters or not to a pax. I have been an Uber pax, and I could care less what my driver looks like. He could look like Frankenstein for all I care, as long as he gets me to my destination in one piece is all I care about.

I have noticed something, though, about being a "woman" driver. I notice that I'm watched more. What I mean by that is, there's an unfair stigma attached to be a woman driver. People think we can't drive! Well, not only can I drive just as good as any man out there, but I can also drive a stick! You'd be surprised how many of my pax are freaked out by that. They say "you're driving a stick?" And I say "yes?" One man said "I've never met a woman who could drive a stick! And you do it so well, too!" I find it quite funny. :D

15. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

Next time you're in Las Vegas, you can eat at the Heart Attack Grill on Fremont Street for free.

VegasR and Clifford Chong like this.
  16. Blackout 702

I'm ridiculously good looking, and my current rating is 4.9 with three of the last four weekly ratings being 5.0. So... yup.

17. Blackout 702

Lol.

18. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

4.6* Dangit! Like I needed another kick in the egos, lol.

Perhaps I should spruce up?

zombify (1).jpg

19. elelegido

Yes, the car has little to do with it. New/old, big/small, it doesn't seem to matter

20. elelegido

That is indeed quite patronizing.

Male drivers get watched too. Of all the different pax types, we also get the "drivers' ed instructor" from time to time. The one sitting in the front seat who will lean forward to look in the pax side door mirror when you signal a lane change, or lean forward in the back seat and look behind the car to make sure there is nothing in the target lane for you to hit.

Danny3xd likes this.