Horrific Friday night

DriverPsycho

Dang, I guess it was slow for everyone, I made 130 in a little less than 4 hours, I let go a Lyft from a Downtown to long beach though almost 200 dlls, hope it worked for sumone

DriverX

So few rides I only had to skip like one pool, lol. averaged a 2.1X surge overall on 7 trips in 4 hours. $100 = awful.

Lots of drivers. That's rideshare, not something you can count on for a steady check and a waste of time if you can't commit to it. Uber better kick out some freebies fast, drivers be hungry out here.

Ubernic

I did $210 in 7.75 hrs. If you include the value of incentives during the period I made about $260.

Improvise, adapt, overcome.
I think that's actually more of a luck thing, during nights like last night only some drivers will get lucky, most will get scraps.

Null

Proud new winner of the rideshare lottery! I'm glad someone on here made some life changing cash.

Where'd you drive and when?
Where didn't I drive?

Stopped 3:30am. Here's my personal heat map from my mileage tracking app. I believe I have every circle set to 3 minute intervals. So, the more dense the circles the slower I was moving and/or longer I was in an area.

0729.png

Null

People wanna know if they'd make money driving Uber. I ask'em, "How good are you at poker?"
Piss poor analogy. If you'll notice, it's generally the same people that end up at the ending tables in all the big tournaments.

DriverX

You got to know when to hold them..... know when to walk away... no when to run

And Lady Luck always has the last say.

Yeah you saw regulars at the winners table, but that whole pro poker fad was a bubble. THe winning guys were like the OG cabbies and Limo drivers that pounced on Uber back in the glory dayz. THey cashed out big and rode a wave of noobs with money to lose that pumped the bubble up before it bursted.

Solid analogy in my book. THis job is a huge gamble every night you drive, your basically putting your car keys and life on the table for a pile of chips. you can make smart decisions that will give you that small edge over you competition BUT you can't beat luck.

DriverX

Where didn't I drive?

Stopped 3:30am. Here's my personal heat map from my mileage tracking app. I believe I have every circle set to 3 minute intervals. So, the more dense the circles the slower I was moving and/or longer I was in an area.

View attachment 51702
You must have caught some of those late night North COunty surges. PB was dead AF. I wasted an hour waiting for a surge around midnight after dropping off a 1.7X from up north. NO SURGE, so I bailed at 12:38. When does that ever happen in PB on a friday night? it was a good move becasue I got a decent 2.4X ride later. It almost was a $65 vista run but the lucky stiff got a booty call on the way so he was prematurely ejected. Downtown looked Dead AF, must have been all the Lyfties. too many drivers, I think the last couple decent weeks must have pumped them all to drive, or maybe just less biz, but I though the bars looked fairly busy.

Null

You must have caught some of those late night North COunty surges. PB was dead AF. I wasted an hour waiting for a surge around midnight after dropping off a 1.7X from up north. NO SURGE, so I bailed at 12:38. When does that ever happen in PB on a friday night? it was a good move becasue I got a decent 2.4X ride later. It almost was a $65 vista run but the lucky stiff got a booty call on the way so he was prematurely ejected. Downtown looked Dead AF, must have been all the Lyfties. too many drivers, I think the last couple decent weeks must have pumped them all to drive, or maybe just less biz, but I though the bars looked fairly busy.
Only $45 in surge value (before Uber commission).

That was in 22 completed trips. Basically near full utilization for all hours worked.

For the number of trips I have for the week I'm getting $2 extra per trip for that day. Any trips I do the rest of the week are $4/ea.

So tonight if I can pull similar volume I'll have $80+ just in incentive value.