1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Hopefully not coming to Denver

Discussion in 'Denver' started by Duber12, Mar 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Duber12

Duber12 Well-Known Member

A little help goes a long way
    Now your teen can ride with Uber

Uber connects your teen to a safe, reliable ride in minutes.
    They stay on the go. You stay in the know. And everyone gets more from their day.

https://www.uber.com/info/teen/

First the TOS sez no one under 18, then...

nomogmos likes this.
  2. Daisey77

Daisey77 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    See! I told you guys! When are you going to start believing me?, LOL Typical Uber fashion though . . . hypocrisy. While it doesn't clarify the rules or consequences for our area, it does tell me, they really can't deactivate you for picking up minors

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    nomogmos and Duber12 like this.
  3. Duber12

D77,

I'd be very careful with this. IMO, Uber will never back up a driver over a passenger unless the passenger was violent or racist, AND you have taken a dashcam file to the press.

nomogmos and Daisey77 like this.
  4. Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    This is very true. However, it's not always up to Uber if they are involved or not . If a passenger was to sue a driver and these hypocritical policies and emails they send us, were submitted, a judge might very well say they are suing the wrong person or at the least, open the doors for us, as
    drivers, to go after Uber for compensation relating to the case.. I guess I can't see a judge holding us 100% accountable, in a lawsuit, when there is no black and white policy. we're not purposely defying the policy. I know this is an extreme case scenario and I know the law doesn't always work in the best Way but we also shouldn't have to fear being deactivated from a company who does not value anyone but themselves

5. Duber12

I think teenagers can be more trouble than there worth and there's better passengers to pick up.

-If you have to drive in a school zone, it can be very slow going
    -Teens ate capable of thinking they can get away with things, because they are "just kids"
    -Teenagers typically want you to make stops or have music blaring. (Yes, I've hit 40!)
    -Teenagers are not going to tip you.

Just my opinion...

charmer37 and Daisey77 like this.
  6. KevRyde

KevRyde Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
  7. Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Oh I completely agree with you on that LoL I was talking legalities. Everyone has their own reasons period weather be legal liability, don't want the teenage mentality, our they feel parents should be more responsible. I have had really well behaved minors, luckily but I totally get where you are coming from. They aren't quite aware of how the world operates. LoL I'll hit the big 40 in a few months so no I don't have an aux cord cuz I'm not listening to EDM or KS1075 . they get 80's Rock, 90's R&B, Country or silence LoL

8. charmer37

charmer37 Well-Known Member

The kicker is uber will increase their booking fee and drivers pay stays the same, I would opt. out.

Duber12 likes this.
  9. Duber12

10. KevRyde

KevRyde Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL