• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hopefully getting a time waster banned

Mista T

Author
Ping! Pickup 1 mile away. Drive a half mile and they cancel. Thought it was over 2 minutes, but I guess not, didn't get a payment.

10 minutes later, Ping! Same pax, same place. I start driving. 1:45 later they cancel.

10 seconds later, Ping! Same pax. I sit and wait, this time I'm gonna chill for 2 minutes to be sure I get paid if they cancel. At 1:45 they cancelled.

Cross the street to a gas station to fill up. Sure enough, Ping! Same pax. And sure enough, at 1:45 they cancelled.

Now I'm pissed, that's four requests from the same person and four cancels.

If they wanted to get a certain driver, or a female, or a larger vehicle for cheap, or someone less attractive, then why did they wait until 1:45 on the clock each time before cancelling? Someone is messing with me.

What should I do?

I considered starting the ride, but they could flag me for fraud as well as rate me poorly. Not gonna do that.

I considered driving over there and confronting them. Probably not something that would end well.

I decided to try to get them blocked from matching with me. Go to the ride, Help, and the only option is My Rider Was Rude. Even tho it was a cancelled ride, I can still do that. Technology company, right?

Light bulb goes on...

Go to 2nd ride, Help, Rude

Go to 3rd ride, Help, Rude

Go to 4th ride, Help, Rude

Doesn't matter what I say in the comment, the fact that the pax received FOUR separate complaints about being rude gives me hope that they will get banned from the platform.

Am I being too petty?

henrygates

They obviously weren't trying to get a certain driver/car or they would have cancelled right away. Someone bored just decided to download the Uber app and be a jerk.

I bet there were other drivers accepting that were getting him, too.

Or maybe a disgruntled pax who didn't get a free water and decided to punish all the other drivers for a while.

240BIGWINO

Ping! Pickup 1 mile away. Drive a half mile and they cancel. Thought it was over 2 minutes, but I guess not, didn't get a payment.

10 minutes later, Ping! Same pax, same place. I start driving. 1:45 later they cancel.

10 seconds later, Ping! Same pax. I sit and wait, this time I'm gonna chill for 2 minutes to be sure I get paid if they cancel. At 1:45 they cancelled.

Cross the street to a gas station to fill up. Sure enough, Ping! Same pax. And sure enough, at 1:45 they cancelled.

If they wanted to get a certain driver, or a female, or a larger vehicle for cheap, or someone less attractive, then why did they wait until 1:45 on the clock each time before cancelling? Someone is messing with me.

What should I do?

I considered starting the ride, but they could flag me for fraud as well as rate me poorly. Not gonna do that.

I considered driving over there and confronting them. Probably not something that would end well.

I decided to try to get them blocked from matching with me. Go to the ride, Help, and the only option is My Rider Was Rude. Even tho it was a cancelled ride, I can still do that. Technology company, right?

Light bulb goes on...

Doesn't matter what I say in the comment, the fact that the pax received FOUR separate complaints about being rude gives me hope that they will get banned from the platform.

Am I being too petty?
No, you’re being too naive. Your four complaints of rudeness will have zero effect on the paxhole.

Why not call and ask why they keep canceling?

Cableguynoe

What should I do?

Light bulb goes on...

Am I being too petty?
It's a driver doing that to you. (don't ask me how I know)

Next time do it back.

Those almost 2 minutes that he had you tied up, his chances were much better at getting a ride.

AzAppDriver

It may have been another driver not getting pings.. With the pax app on one phone, and driver app on another, they were requesting a ride to see if they were the driver to get the ping. And each time the ping went to you.. :biggrin:

They couldn't understand why they weren't getting the ping, since they were closest, and kept canceling out of frustration.

All while not realizing they were offline on the driver app. :eek:

Bus Bozo

It's a driver doing that to you. (don't ask me how I know)

Next time do it back.

Those almost 2 minutes that he had you tied up, his chances were much better at getting a ride.
I never would have suspected another driver, yet I don't doubt you! My Father often told me the masses are ignorant. Work in a service position and you find this is all too true.

HotUberMess

They obviously weren't trying to get a certain driver/car or they would have cancelled right away. Someone bored just decided to download the Uber app and be a jerk.

I bet there were other drivers accepting that were getting him, too.

Or maybe a disgruntled pax who didn't get a free water and decided to punish all the other drivers for a while.
I bet you this WAS a driver

LaughingMan

Uber support will just tell you that because the trip wasn't started you can't report them, but they'll make a note of it....not going to lie, whenever I call uber support I'm not the nicest person....being nice to anyone who works for uber (not drivers because we're not employees...) will get you nowhere.

Mista T

Author
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber support will just tell you that because the trip wasn't started you can't report them, but they'll make a note of it....not going to lie, whenever I call uber support I'm not the nicest person....being nice to anyone who works for uber (not drivers because we're not employees...) will get you nowhere.
I never called support. I went thru the app and reported a ride rider four times.

Rushmanyyz

What should I do?

Light bulb goes on...

Am I being too petty?
All in all, a waste of time bro. If someone cancels like that, and I see them offer a ride again, they are, at least impatient. That's an awkward ride waiting to happen - at least.

If people cancel on me, half way to pickup, I pass. Likely somewhere you shouldn't care to be anyway. Lol

Daisey77

I know with Uber you can get banned for doing that. They consider it fraud ... Intentionally ordering an Uber with no intent on taking one . Don't ask me how I know. just trust me.