• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hope springs eternal

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Q) Why do tomatoes from the supermarket taste so uninspiring?

A) Because they're not really bred to taste good. If you want good tasting tomatoes grow them. Those tomatoes in the supermarket were bred to survive the trip down I-5 in the back of a tractor trailer in the middle of a scorching day in the scorching summer. Those tomatoes you grew in the back yard would be tomato juice under the same stress.

Those are grapes in the picture. That one is called a Black Monukka. Black for the color and Monukka means raisin in some faraway language. They're mostly used for raisins but they also make terrific table grapes BUT... they don't travel well so you'll never find them in the market.

UberLaLa

A) Because they're not really bred to taste good. If you want good tasting tomatoes grow them. Those tomatoes in the supermarket were bred to survive the trip down I-5 in the back of a tractor trailer in the middle of a scorching day in the scorching summer. Those tomatoes you grew in the back yard would be tomato juice under the same stress.

Those are grapes in the picture. That one is called a Black Monukka. Black for the color and Monukka means raisin in some faraway language. They're mostly used for raisins but they also make terrific table grapes BUT... they don't travel well so you'll never find them in the market.
There are grapes in the picture : ?

Also, store bought fruits and veggies are 'box ripened' for the trip...not on the vine like Tedgey be doing at his house. Me thinks you ate them grapes already Mang...

Tedgey

There are grapes in the picture : ?

Also, store bought fruits and veggies are 'box ripened' for the trip...not on the vine like Tedgey be doing at his house. Me thinks you ate them grapes already Mang...
Does it look like a freakin grape? It's a fresh out of dormancy grape vine. Beautifully pruned too, thank you for noticing. There won't be grapes on it until the end of summer

tohunt4me

Do they make wine ?

Attachments

tohunt4me

Who you calling they?
The Grapes . can you produce a decent wine from them ?
( Ducks ! You have to spell everything out to them !)

Your barefoot young maidens, silly duck!
I'll take a Dozen of those.
Wine bearing barefoot maidens.
With Big Jugs.
Of wine .

Attachments

Tedgey

Your barefoot young maidens, silly duck!
You know I'm actually glad you brought that up. First of all I really appreciate the kind gifts you and everyone else sent over the holidays. It truly wasn't necessary. But if you insist on it again this coming year please please please do not send me any more goddam virgins. I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am of people sending me virgin after virgin after virgin and it's old already. Thoughtful yes, but think about being in my position sheer where year after year I have to sign for 200, 300 of these goddam virgins. What the hell am I going to do with them all?!?

Thank you

The Grapes . can you produce a decent wine from them ?
( Ducks ! You have to spell everything out to them !)

I'll take a Dozen of those.
Wine bearing barefoot maidens.
With Big Jugs.
Of wine .
I've heard of a sweet wine they make with them. I want to say it's a winery in Arizona or Nevada or someplace out in the desert which would make it a desert dessert wine!

Which is odd because most wines are made with seeded grapes.

UberLaLa

You know I'm actually glad you brought that up. First of all I really appreciate the kind gifts you and everyone else sent over the holidays. It truly wasn't necessary. But if you insist on it again this coming year please please please do not send me any more goddam virgins. I can't even begin to tell you how tired I am of people sending me virgin after virgin after virgin and it's old already. Thoughtful yes, but think about being in my position sheer where year after year I have to sign for 200, 300 of these goddam virgins. What the hell am I going to do with them all?!?

Thank you

I've heard of a sweet wine they make with them. I want to say it's a winery in Arizona or Nevada or someplace out in the desert which would make it a desert dessert wine!

Which is odd because most wines are made with seeded grapes.
Tedgey my dear good Lad, I do think you might be confusing your threads...this is the grapes thread...not olives.

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.01.26 AM.jpg

And tohunt4me - are you certain that isn't dessert desert wine?