Honey Badger fights the coronavirus

Hi everyone. Thanks for your well wishes. I've been getting numerous PMs with concerns. Sorry for totally disappearing but as my fever climbed and my breathing became more and more shallow, I actually found it very difficult to read or type. I was only able to pop in every few hours for about 5 to 10 minutes at a time and read a few PMs to respond or like a couple of posts I came across. I see I have close to 1000 alerts, (wow I'm missing a lot :biggrin:) and I will go through them when I can. I've been very curious what's going on with the forum and miss you all, but I simply could only scan a couple posts in a threads at a time before I became dizzy and had to lay back down.

So I'm getting dizzy again now so I'm going to copy much of what I was communicating in PM with updates, as its takes forever to type.

So yes last week I tested positive for Coronavirus (Covid 19.) Because my symptoms weren't severe they had me go home to quarantine which I did. However my symptoms began to get worse.

My doctor called me later to tell me I also developed pneumonia due to the coronavirus. My prior Xrays had been inconclusive. They prescibed me antibiotics which had little effect. Friday 03/20/2020, my breathing became so shallow I ended up in the hospital in the Coronavirus ICU ward. What had happened was my lungs were filling up with fluid and I was slowly drowning. I spent all day hooked up to machines.

They stuck a long needle into my chest to drain off most the fluid and they have me on aggressive medications now. The doctors told me that because I have pneumonia I have become part of the high risk group and will now be treated as such. They say we are going to fight this, and I do have my youth and overall physical health on my side.

The doctor told me that its obvious I'm strong and have a good chance. He said the way my breathing was and how high my fever was when I walked in, he had not seen in someone actually walking and standing. He said usually people in my state come in in a gurney in the back of an ambulance. So, I have a strong body. That's good. I've got a good chance of recovery.

Look I was the "Warning Contaminated Area Do Not Enter without CAPR."

IMG_20200320_203109.jpg

IMG_20200320_213313.jpg

When I first walked into the ER, the doctors heard my breathing and knew I had something else going on so they put me in an isolation room while many of the other sick were down in the makeshift ward with one another. Everyone running around in hazmat suits. Chaos.

There are two strains of the virus so far. I do not have the one that's killing most the people. As I said it was chaos in there. People all around moaning in pain, coughing, puking, shitting themselves with very watery diarrhea.

A really old lady was in a separate isolation room across the hall from me. I was on oxygen and an EKG. They performed new Xrays and saw this big fluid mass, mostly in my left chest area. They stuck a really big needle in between my ribs and drained it. Then they reinflated my left lung.

I watched the doctors having a serious discussion about me and they worried that my exposure to the patients with the severe strain could turn my condition far worse since I'm now in the high risk group with my pneumonia for this thing being fatal. There's two strains of the virus they said, and it's still mutating. I don't have the most aggressive and serious strain......yet.

So after 6 hours they doctors came in and told me that my blood oxygen was good, my organs were stable, and I was breathing on my own. So for my safety they were releasing me to my home quarantine. They said because of my pneumonia I have to pretend I'm in the same category as a 90 year old woman until my lungs heal. They said even though I was in an isolated room it was not "hermetically sealed." There are still air vents and the space under the door. They said this is only a county hospital and they are not set up for this chaos. They said really only one hospital is (Harborview) and they are already filled solid with the most critical.

Right now Seattle is being hit hard and no one was prepared for it. The doctors themselves sounded stressed and frightened. They told me because of Seattle being one of the epicenters, hospitals are only keeping the most critical and sending the "Walking Wounded" home. Of course call 911 if my breathing changes.

They did not treat me for Coronavirus. There is no cure and the only treatment is in the hospital with having patients on oxygen and rotating them in their beds. Assisting when they need it. I'm being treated for the pneumonia only. That's all they can treat. They've got me on heavy antibiotics and medications. The Coronavirus has to pass on it's own and it will.

I caught this from my coworker, who was coughing profusely next to me for days before finally going home with (the flu 🙄) Many of my other coworkers have also contracted it it most have recovered. Its only 3 others besides myself who got hit harder. I have it the worse but the doctors said it was my history of asthma that made me more susceptible. (So be careful all those with upper respiratory ailments.)

Just stay away from people in public. Not everyone who has Coronavirus displays any visible symptoms. I saw other patients sitting quietly in the Coronavirus ward looking perfectly normal as they looked through their phones. They cannot be in the ward unless they have it. They were wearing those cheap cotton masks but they showed no signs of coughing or sweating at all. So guys please be careful. Wash your hands, and again stay away from everyone in public. Be safe.

Thanks again for all your well wishes. ❤❤ I will show my presence daily but as I really can't stay on very long at a time.

I have to rest now. Badger out.

900full.jpg

Admin edit: This post and several post replies originally appeared in another thread but have been extracted to feature this article. https://uberpeople.net/threads/lissetti-please-post.388204/

Get well soon to our dearest @Lissetti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lissetti

Comments

LOL thanks for your thoughts @Ian Richard Markham, however I cannot call into any show because I'm still unable to speak. I do not have enough lung capacity yet for saying more than a couple of words and that's only here and there. It's so weird. I open my mouth but my chest won't expand enough to make words or even sounds. My cat thinks I'm doing the "Silent Meow" at him and he returns it. 😺

Do what you can to not catch this thing, it's brutal and sometimes all I can focus on is breathing. The doctors told me that's what's causing my dizzy spells. When I'm breathing too shallow and I'm not getting enough oxygen into my body. They said make sure I'm sitting down when I get dizzy, use my Prednisone inhaler they gave me, and make sure I'm getting oxygen fully into my lungs.

Wow.
Had no idea it's like that.
Do you want links to treatments?

REMEMBER....
tenor-1.gif

I had a horrible bout with the flu last year, and I took Zicam for it. I lost my sense of taste and smell. I wonder how many people experiencing the same thing from taking Zicam.

Get better @Lissetti My posts feel empty without some judgmental moderation eyes scrutinizing them! :whistling::wink:

I would like to say how unfortunate it was to have contracted this corona virus from ur co-worker showing severe symptoms and be wondering why he was even at work in the first place with wall to wall coverage on the news with major symptom been coughing frequently. What done is done...

Get well @Lissetti & keep us updated about how you are getting better when you can as we are all very interested in how you recover from this virus. ✔ 💪 Stay strong.

Last edited:
  • Article Author Article Author
  • Article Author Article Author
I would like to say how unfortunate it was to have contracted this corona virus from ur co-worker showing severe symptoms and be wondering why he was even at work in the first place with wall to wall coverage on the news with major symptom been coughing frequently. What done is done...
He was coughing profusely the last few weeks of February, but before this thing really blew up and folks outside nursing homes were catching it here. Still, I complained to management about him spreading what I assumed was a common cold. They thought I was being a bit paranoid when I would do this during his coughing spells, but I just don't like mucus flying at me....:cautious:

He's there, reflected in my sunglasses on the left, coughing his little heart out. Yes, that's how close he was to me. The guy on the right also got sick as well as the other guy in the background.

2020-03-25-11-33-46.jpg

The doctors say they don't know for sure when I contracted coronavirus. They also admit they know nothing about it, how it's transferred, how long it really incubates, or how long it truly lasts.

I know by the time I took this picture below, on March 5th, our last day of work in the office, I was feeling the effects of something. I had found it too difficult and fatiguing to care for my very thick and curly hair, so I had put it into multiple braids. Back then I should have paid more attention to that, my exhaustion. I knew my body definitely felt different and that I was fighting something though.

Yes those are cabinets at work wrapped in plastic.
20200325_121353.jpg

Seattle was one of the first hit areas for this. Trump was still shaking hands and telling us it was just the flu no worries. Lissetti has been sick a long time.

Lissetti, don't hesitate to go back to the hospital if you're struggling to breathe. Maybe they can give you another oxygen treatment. ❤❤
Feel better xoxox

He was coughing profusely the last few weeks of February, but before this thing really blew up and folks outside nursing homes were catching it here. Still, I complained to management about him spreading what I assumed was a common cold. They thought I was being a bit paranoid when I would do this during his coughing spells, but I just don't like mucus flying at me....:cautious:

He's there, reflected in my sunglasses on the left, coughing his little heart out. Yes, that's how close he was to me. The guy on the right also got sick as well as the other guy in the background.

View attachment 437132

The doctors say they don't know for sure when I contracted coronavirus. They also admit they know nothing about it, how it's transferred, how long it really incubates, or how long it truly lasts.

I know by the time I took this picture below, on March 5th, our last day of work in the office, I was feeling the effects of something. I had found it too difficult and fatiguing to care for my very thick and curly hair, so I had put it into multiple braids. Back then I should have paid more attention to that, my exhaustion. I knew my body definitely felt different and that I was fighting something though.

Yes those are cabinets at work wrapped in plastic.
View attachment 437138
I REMEMBER
the cabinets wrapped in plastic !
Your Bosses Knew the Day BEFORE they wrapped those cabinets !

I hope you get well and have a speedy recovery.
I think all of us are going to have to go through this illness eventually.
For what it’s worth, it is probably a good thing that you got sick early while the resources are not yet overtaxed.
Good thing about honey badgers though is they’re incredibly tough as hell.
Hang in there.