Honey Badger fights the coronavirus

Hi everyone. Thanks for your well wishes. I've been getting numerous PMs with concerns. Sorry for totally disappearing but as my fever climbed and my breathing became more and more shallow, I actually found it very difficult to read or type. I was only able to pop in every few hours for about 5 to 10 minutes at a time and read a few PMs to respond or like a couple of posts I came across. I see I have close to 1000 alerts, (wow I'm missing a lot :biggrin:) and I will go through them when I can. I've been very curious what's going on with the forum and miss you all, but I simply could only scan a couple posts in a threads at a time before I became dizzy and had to lay back down.

So I'm getting dizzy again now so I'm going to copy much of what I was communicating in PM with updates, as its takes forever to type.

So yes last week I tested positive for Coronavirus (Covid 19.) Because my symptoms weren't severe they had me go home to quarantine which I did. However my symptoms began to get worse.

My doctor called me later to tell me I also developed pneumonia due to the coronavirus. My prior Xrays had been inconclusive. They prescibed me antibiotics which had little effect. Friday 03/20/2020, my breathing became so shallow I ended up in the hospital in the Coronavirus ICU ward. What had happened was my lungs were filling up with fluid and I was slowly drowning. I spent all day hooked up to machines.

They stuck a long needle into my chest to drain off most the fluid and they have me on aggressive medications now. The doctors told me that because I have pneumonia I have become part of the high risk group and will now be treated as such. They say we are going to fight this, and I do have my youth and overall physical health on my side.

The doctor told me that its obvious I'm strong and have a good chance. He said the way my breathing was and how high my fever was when I walked in, he had not seen in someone actually walking and standing. He said usually people in my state come in in a gurney in the back of an ambulance. So, I have a strong body. That's good. I've got a good chance of recovery.

Look I was the "Warning Contaminated Area Do Not Enter without CAPR."

IMG_20200320_203109.jpg

IMG_20200320_213313.jpg

When I first walked into the ER, the doctors heard my breathing and knew I had something else going on so they put me in an isolation room while many of the other sick were down in the makeshift ward with one another. Everyone running around in hazmat suits. Chaos.

There are two strains of the virus so far. I do not have the one that's killing most the people. As I said it was chaos in there. People all around moaning in pain, coughing, puking, shitting themselves with very watery diarrhea.

A really old lady was in a separate isolation room across the hall from me. I was on oxygen and an EKG. They performed new Xrays and saw this big fluid mass, mostly in my left chest area. They stuck a really big needle in between my ribs and drained it. Then they reinflated my left lung.

I watched the doctors having a serious discussion about me and they worried that my exposure to the patients with the severe strain could turn my condition far worse since I'm now in the high risk group with my pneumonia for this thing being fatal. There's two strains of the virus they said, and it's still mutating. I don't have the most aggressive and serious strain......yet.

So after 6 hours they doctors came in and told me that my blood oxygen was good, my organs were stable, and I was breathing on my own. So for my safety they were releasing me to my home quarantine. They said because of my pneumonia I have to pretend I'm in the same category as a 90 year old woman until my lungs heal. They said even though I was in an isolated room it was not "hermetically sealed." There are still air vents and the space under the door. They said this is only a county hospital and they are not set up for this chaos. They said really only one hospital is (Harborview) and they are already filled solid with the most critical.

Right now Seattle is being hit hard and no one was prepared for it. The doctors themselves sounded stressed and frightened. They told me because of Seattle being one of the epicenters, hospitals are only keeping the most critical and sending the "Walking Wounded" home. Of course call 911 if my breathing changes.

They did not treat me for Coronavirus. There is no cure and the only treatment is in the hospital with having patients on oxygen and rotating them in their beds. Assisting when they need it. I'm being treated for the pneumonia only. That's all they can treat. They've got me on heavy antibiotics and medications. The Coronavirus has to pass on it's own and it will.

I caught this from my coworker, who was coughing profusely next to me for days before finally going home with (the flu 🙄) Many of my other coworkers have also contracted it it most have recovered. Its only 3 others besides myself who got hit harder. I have it the worse but the doctors said it was my history of asthma that made me more susceptible. (So be careful all those with upper respiratory ailments.)

Just stay away from people in public. Not everyone who has Coronavirus displays any visible symptoms. I saw other patients sitting quietly in the Coronavirus ward looking perfectly normal as they looked through their phones. They cannot be in the ward unless they have it. They were wearing those cheap cotton masks but they showed no signs of coughing or sweating at all. So guys please be careful. Wash your hands, and again stay away from everyone in public. Be safe.

Thanks again for all your well wishes. ❤❤ I will show my presence daily but as I really can't stay on very long at a time.

I have to rest now. Badger out.

900full.jpg

Admin edit: This post and several post replies originally appeared in another thread but have been extracted to feature this article. https://uberpeople.net/threads/lissetti-please-post.388204/

Get well soon to our dearest @Lissetti.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lissetti

Comments

Thanks for the update Lissetti wishing you the best !

Thanks for sharing ..hopefully will help those in denial to be able to better understand how this can bring down even relatively healthy people like yourself and take precautions seriously

I hope you have a speedy recovery!!!

just reading that made me shudder... glad you are physically fit and young, Fluid in the lungs? 😰

May I ask how fast the whole thing progressed? Or was it a lot slower?

Thanks for the update Lissetti wishing you the best !

Thanks for sharing ..hopefully will help those in denial to be able to better understand how this can bring down even relatively healthy people like yourself and take precautions seriously
Yeah, anybody's who's not too concerned about this virus or thinks the whole thing is completely overblown should probably read this thread.

• Article Author Article Author
May I ask how fast the whole thing progressed? Or was it a lot slower?
So its really hard to track exactly how fast coronavirus moved once it had a hold of me. Back in late February, like around the 20th, a coworker had a horrible cough and they sent him home, but within a week other coworkers began coughing and being sent home.

I didn't have a cough, but by the last week of February, I felt "different" like in the feeling when you are coming down with something. I did develop a low fever of around 100 degrees. On March 2nd I woke up feeling like I got hit with a Mac truck.

By March 4th I had a feeling of my equilibrium being off as well as weakness, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, minor sweating as well as still having the fever.

A few days later I developed a feeling like a heavy weight was on my chest always, making breathing more work. That has not left and is still with me now as I type this.

Then came the dry cough but only if I was moving around like walking briskly or up a flight of stairs. It is a very dry cough. I have to really work to get anything up.

Then suddenly around the 12th, everything started coming at me hard. The fever began spiking to 102 and 103, and I now had fluid that would creep into my throat while I was sleeping and I would wake up choking. Of course with the high fever, I began to have confusion and difficulty doing even minor stuff like reading, or typing.

Then a headache showed up last. It comes and goes.

The doctors believe the pneumonia was first, after catching a respiratory cold from my coworker, but they do believe the coronavirus was there very early on as well but only incubating.

The coronavirus has an incubation period so the doctors believe the symptoms I felt early on was the pneumonia settling in. However I've had pneumonia before and from almost the start, this felt very different. They also admitted they really don't know anything about this virus and how long it incubates or lasts. They can't even say for sure how it's spread.

The tag team coronavirus/pneumonia hit me hard I'd say around March 12th. That's when all my symptoms became to feel more severe.

Around last Tuesday the 17th, I lost the ability to speak. I only had enough breath to get out one to four words at the most before I was gasping for breath and coughing. I'm told that's the coronavirus doing that. So, this is the current state I'm in until the antibiotics and other medications start working. Doctors said this is an aggressive illness and I should not expect any sign of recovery for at least a week. It will be a few months before I'm out of the woods completely due to the pneumonia.

So its really hard to track exactly how fast coronavirus moved once it had a hold of me. Back in late February, like around the 20th, a coworker had a horrible cough and they sent him home, but within a week other coworkers began coughing and being sent home.

I didn't have a cough, but by the last week of February, I felt "different" like in the feeling when you are coming down with something. I did develop a low fever of around 100 degrees. On March 2nd I woke up feeling like I got hit with a Mac truck.

By March 4th I had a feeling of my equilibrium being off as well as weakness, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, minor sweating as well as still having the fever.

A few days later I developed a feeling like a heavy weight was on my chest always, making breathing more work. That has not left and is still with me now as I type this.

Then came the dry cough but only if I was moving around like walking briskly or up a flight of stairs. It is a very dry cough. I have to really work to get anything up.

Then suddenly around the 12th, everything started coming at me hard. The fever began spiking to 102 and 103, and I now had fluid that would creep into my throat while I was sleeping and I would wake up choking. Of course with the high fever, I began to have confusion and difficulty doing even minor stuff like reading, or typing.

The doctors believe the pneumonia was first, after catching a respiratory cold from my coworker, but they do believe the coronavirus was there very early on as well but only incubating.

The coronavirus has an incubation period so the doctors believe the symptoms I felt early on was the pneumonia settling in. However I've had pneumonia before and from almost the start, this felt very different. They also admitted they really don't know anything about this virus and how long it incubates or lasts. They can't even say for sure how it's spread.

The tag team coronavirus/pneumonia hit me hard I'd say around March 12th. That's when all my symptoms became to feel more severe.

Around last Tuesday the 17th, I lost the ability to speak. I only had enough breath to get out one to four words at the most before I was gasping for breath and coughing. I'm told that's the coronavirus doing that. So, this is the current state I'm in until the antibiotics and other medications start working. Doctors said this is an aggressive illness and I should not expect any sign of recovery for at least a week. It will be a few months before I'm out of the woods completely due to the pneumonia.
Did you lose your sense of smell and taste?

I’m not liking what happened to you so much as the time (and detail!) you took to reply— I really, really appreciate it. I think your post was a real eye opener as to how serious this can be even to those who normally don’t appear to be in danger of Coronavirus. I mean I know it’s serious but it doesn’t really sink in until you hear it from someone you know?

I think that makes a lot of sense, the fact that you got sick and then it just accelerated from there over time.

I’m really unsure myself and when I visit my parents recently my mom and dad cough but they’re always coughing on and off way before this... and I myself had a cold recently...

So I guess I was wondering whether it’ll be super fast or at least there will be a progression of symptoms and it sounds like while it was fast there were also signs over a couple of days... so I think any time I feel slightly close, I’m going to go in. I’ll tell my parents the same too.

❤

Until then I’m just trying to keep social distance from everyone, be extra safe and keep my head down while this time passes.

Did you lose your sense of smell and taste?
Yeah it's odd but I did. Like the last week of February a coworker sprayed her perfume on in the restroom, a perfume I detest. I was all prepared for that nasty smell to hit me and it never did. Even when she sat by me in a meeting, I never smelled it. I suppose that loss of smell and taste might have something to do with my subsequent lack of appetite and weight loss as well.

Yeah it's odd but I did. Like the last week of February a coworker sprayed her perfume on in the restroom, a perfume I detest. I was all prepared for that nasty smell to hit me and it never did. Even when she sat by me in a meeting, I never smelled it. I suppose that loss of smell and taste might have something to do with my subsequent lack of appetite and weight loss as well.