1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Honest what would you do?

Discussion in 'Baltimore' started by Speedyracer, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Speedyracer

Speedyracer Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Today I had a pax. From Greek Town to Charles street. GPS and uber suggested the tunnel. The pax said no go straight down Eastern at 8am. So the trip took 45 minutes and $8.xx earned for me.

I 1* and asked to not be paired with then again. This was probably one of the worst days I've had in a long time.

tohunt4me and JTR like this.
  2. galileo5

galileo5 Well-Known Member

Did you warn them about the traffic?

tohunt4me and JTR like this.
  3. 35changinglives

35changinglives New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I feel your pain. Yesterday was extremely slow and the airport flight app showed almost every hour there were at least 8 flights delayed. I caught a few pax downtown once the rain started last night, but after that I went home and saved the gas.

4. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes. galileo5galileo5 This was her daily trip. She actually read a book while I drove. She expected it.

JTR likes this.
  5. galileo5

If it happens again tell the passenger that you can't take her b/c you won't make money off it.

JTR and Speedyracer like this.

6. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    I asked to not be paired again. Man it took twice as long and payed half. I pulled over after and just walked it off. She actually read a frickin book because she knew it would take so long.... But she saved $5.

7. galileo5

I read that part. I'm just saying next time it happens with someone else.

8. theamp18

theamp18 Active Member

Quick question about her saving $5. When uber calculates the upfront fare and the route uber selects includes tolls aren't they still charged as if the toll was taken or does uber adjust the fare since the toll road wasn't taken?

9. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah I'm still steaming a little. It hasn't happened much to me. Maybe if the "time pay" was more in line it wouldn't of bothered me. Thanks for the info. Lesson learned.

10. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm hearing different answers to this. I'm thinking if the pax does ask for a review they get a refund. Then some pax say they don't care cause they already paid. I really don't know.

11. galileo5

The adjustment is taken out of driver's pay, not out of any excess amount that goes to Uber.

12. theamp18

theamp18 Active Member

Yeah, it would be good to know the answer so we could tell the pax that the toll road is already including in the price so they don't freak out about taking a toll.

13. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah. I've Always been a stickler on not canceling once I've gotten the pax in the car. Today is making me reevaluate my stubbornness on this stance. Today was just to one sided. What is the normal cancel rate in bmore mine is usually 2-4% sometimes 0%.

14. Bluecrab

Bluecrab Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    My cancel rate varies between 8-15%.

I would have cancelled the trip based on the route request.

15. galileo5

Accept rate: Under 60%
    Canceled trips: Over 20%

16. Bmore Driver

Bmore Driver Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    As of right now, my acceptance rate is 88% Cancel rate is 10%
    in my year and some change, my rating is 4.84.

17. uberbaltimore

uberbaltimore Member

LOL my acceptance rate is 88% but my cancellation rate is 36% 4.71. as a general rule, I cancel on grocery store pickups when I realize that's where they're at.

18. Speedyracer

Driving:
    UberX
    Right now
    4.83,88% acceptance, 4% cancel. I'm going to test the waters today and cancel on grocery stores and/or short trips that break even. The highest I've ever been was 8% cancel. I sure hope today is better then yesterday.

Bmore Driver likes this.
  19. Bmore Driver

Bmore Driver Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    good luck bro

20. Heema

Heema Active Member

this happens to me all the time when driving lyft, every time it happens automatic 1*. Lyft is just crap even when I take the toll they just pay me $3 smh.