• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Holy Crap ....

MissAnne

Haven’t seen the Salt Lake Valley light up like this in a long time, too bad they got rid of the surge and put in that damn flat rate
AB12E758-73DC-445F-9A50-E1BA697F619F.jpeg

losiglow

I've noticed a steep increase in surge as well. I'm not sure why. I'm thinking it's the result of a lot of students no longer on the road OR Uber gouging people and surging areas that aren't necessarily as busy as they seem. I've noticed that even when I'm in a surge area, that I don't necessarily get rides any quicker than usual. But that's often been the case in the past since pax notice prices are higher and stall a bit.

Hiker4Life

Yea, after a sluggish summer I’ve also noticed that surges are more plentiful and I thought maybe other drivers were not driving as much because it wasn’t worth their time... ?‍♂ But you’re right, just because I drove to a surge zone and have a $7 surge pending doesn’t guarantee I’ll get another ride anytime soon. ?

DriverMark

It's certainly been a little better driving since school got back in. Made very good money over DAS weekend, and did well last as well. Labor day typically slow, so not sure I'll even drive much this weekend.

BYU-Utah game tomorrow. But not expecting much out of that and Provo is horrible driving on game day so will probably avoid. But sometimes my better judgement goes out the window and I take a risk. So maybe I'll end up down there lol.

But I'll happily snag those sticky surges for the few extra bucks!

DriverMark

Decided to just roll with things last night. Did end up in Provo. But nothing special. 1 $26 surge when the rain hit and they delayed the game. Few other smaller surges on min fares. I probably could have done better in Salt Lake. $160 for 7.5 hours.

And have to fight w/ Uber over an 18 minute pickup, that I had already driven 12-14 minutes on. Which was surged + Long Pickup. And $0 on the cancel fee. See if I at least get that $3.75. That was a per/hour killer there.

losiglow

I made another thread about it, but has anyone noticed that there is absolutely no surge at all as of Friday night at about 7 PM? I've even seen the airport down to zero cars several times but no surge whatsoever ANYWHERE. Now I've been out Saturday from about 5 p.m. until now and again, no surge whatsoever anywhere in the valley, Utah county or Park City.

dlearl476

Decided to just roll with things last night. Did end up in Provo. But nothing special. 1 $26 surge when the rain hit and they delayed the game. Few other smaller surges on min fares. I probably could have done better in Salt Lake. $160 for 7.5 hours.

And have to fight w/ Uber over an 18 minute pickup, that I had already driven 12-14 minutes on. Which was surged + Long Pickup. And $0 on the cancel fee. See if I at least get that $3.75. That was a per/hour killer there.
Good luck. I fought with Uber for two hours over no cancellation fee after I'd left PC to drive to Midway during Swiss days and the rider cancelled when I was two blocks away, after being stuck in event traffic for 30 min.

Rohit, "Sorry, Charlie." I told him to GFHS and went home.

I learned the secret was to always cancel long pick ups.

UberPyro

Good luck. I fought with Uber for two hours over no cancellation fee after I'd left PC to drive to Midway during Swiss days and the rider cancelled when I was two blocks away, after being stuck in event traffic for 30 min.

I've had so many event traffic issues, waste forever trying to get to pax and they cancel 2 blocks away...????

DriverMark

Amazingly they did give me the cancel fee! Took a back and forth a bit as I didn't know the PAX name, which they want. I asked 3 times, where can I find the PAX name after the fact they cancel/end ride? That info no longer available, but I gave him the Ride # each time, pickup address, etc which is what we can see after the fact. They never answered my question. But I got paid so all that mattered.

SherBre

I've had so many event traffic issues, waste forever trying to get to pax and they cancel 2 blocks away...????
Amazingly they did give me the cancel fee! Took a back and forth a bit as I didn't know the PAX name, which they want. I asked 3 times, where can I find the PAX name after the fact they cancel/end ride? That info no longer available, but I gave him the Ride # each time, pickup address, etc which is what we can see after the fact. They never answered my question. But I got paid so all that mattered.
Apply to 2020census.gov/jobs-- no cancellation fees!! flexible hours and weekly pay!
Post automatically merged:

Apply to 2020census.gov/jobs-- no cancellation fees!! flexible hours and weekly pay!

I made another thread about it, but has anyone noticed that there is absolutely no surge at all as of Friday night at about 7 PM? I've even seen the airport down to zero cars several times but no surge whatsoever ANYWHERE. Now I've been out Saturday from about 5 p.m. until now and again, no surge whatsoever anywhere in the valley, Utah county or Park City.

I've noticed a steep increase in surge as well. I'm not sure why. I'm thinking it's the result of a lot of students no longer on the road OR Uber gouging people and surging areas that aren't necessarily as busy as they seem. I've noticed that even when I'm in a surge area, that I don't necessarily get rides any quicker than usual. But that's often been the case in the past since pax notice prices are higher and stall a bit.