Holy Calgon beads Batman....Lyft took a bath on this ride

MasterKNinja

Is Lyft doing sticky surges ala Uber now? Lyft never surges out by me. I did land a +$14 on Uber this pas weekend though.

jgiun1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is Lyft doing sticky surges ala Uber now? Lyft never surges out by me. I did land a +$14 on Uber this pas weekend though.
There weren't many drivers at airport and I came from Robinson exit and declined this ride twice and when I got close to airport, this popped up....lyft in that pink zone usually has a little machine money thingy that goes up. Then usually when you enter the purple zone it locks in like Uber's sticky surge.

Saltminer

Lyft is now doing personal surge zones. There is a large purple zone and then a tiny pink zone in it. They are sticky and they can roll up dramatically while you sit in them waiting for a ride. So at times, Lyft is actually paying $15 an hour or more for you to sit there and watch your surge roll up. Here I am from the other day...when it maxed at around $19, I drove to a nearby honey pot I use and had a rude plus $19 in minutes.

Attachments

jgiun1

Lyft is now doing personal surge zones. There is a large purple zone and then a tiny pink zone in it. They are sticky and they can roll up dramatically while you sit in them waiting for a ride. So at times, Lyft is actually paying $15 an hour or more for you to sit there and watch your surge roll up. Here I am from the other day...when it maxed at around $19, I drove to a nearby honey pot I use and had a rude plus $19 in minutes.
Very nice....there's for sure no strategy....they are just pure luck and pop up unexpectedly

Saltminer

Very nice....there's for sure no strategy....they are just pure luck and pop up unexpectedly
Yeah, my favorite is I dropped an Uber pax at the airport, turned Lyft on as I was leaving, was in a pink zone, pulled into the Sunoco out there and got paid $10 to sip coffee

jgiun1

Yeah, my favorite is I dropped an Uber pax at the airport, turned Lyft on as I was leaving, was in a pink zone, pulled into the Sunoco out there and got paid $10 to sip coffee
Yep...I did that also...lol ....there are too many drivers now out there and they seem to be just the purple $2.50 flats lately. (And they give you a ride the minute they pop up)