Hold Off On Applying For Unemployment

whatyoutalkinboutwillis

Today, my case got automatically changed to Disaster Unemployment, and the amount got deposited was 807 per week which is standard, another relief - may take another one or two days to show up in my bank account.

However, on my application, it should be starting from March 2020 - But it is starting from April 19, 2020. I did not get any back pay whatsoever and wonder why?

Does anyone have any experience with it?
No, I haven't. If your benefits start date is April 19th and you have correspondence that you applied earlier, then yeah, they dropped the ball on your case and you need to speak to a human. There are a lot of shady things happening. From not paying us what we are owed to fiddling with start dates. I get the feeling they want to keep as much of that money as possible.

No, I haven't. If your benefits start date is April 19th and you have correspondence that you applied earlier, then yeah, they dropped the ball on your case and you need to speak to a human. There are a lot of shady things happening. From not paying us what we are owed to fiddling with start dates. I get the feeling they want to keep as much of that money as possible.
I applied on April 19 though - due to the overwhelming load on their website, I was never able to do it any earlier. Their phone line says they’re back paying but I don’t know whether they will consider my dates mentioned on the application or when I actually lodged the application.

It seems to me that they should back pay considering they know their website was inaccessible and also the questionnaire were: (as I remember) please specify the date you stopped working.

I hope, they do backpay in light of the questions we answered on the application rather than when we actually lodged as it wasn’t our fault that their website crashed.

Uber_AE

Who’s gonna sent or fax these form and should we continue requesting the payment by online too? The first time I filed unemployment was not hard at all well that was like 8 years ago, now they make everything so complicated. I wonder if it’s because of the Virus and the high number of applicants. I hope everyone it’s having better luck.

Attachments

Christinebitg

Who’s gonna sent or fax these form and should we continue requesting the payment by online too?
If you read the instructions - I think it's the on-line ones - it says do NOT file by mail if you have internet access or can file using the telephone automated system.

UberDriver2203

Who’s gonna sent or fax these form and should we continue requesting the payment by online too? The first time I filed unemployment was not hard at all well that was like 8 years ago, now they make everything so complicated. I wonder if it’s because of the Virus and the high number of applicants. I hope everyone it’s having better luck.
I fax and request online. Need to be able to fax because I have other income until the 26th of this month, so im able to write in and modify it.

whatyoutalkinboutwillis

I usually file at 12:01 a.m. on Sunday online. I think you should answer yes to being self-employed, and available to work. Everything else should be no. From turning down work to attending school. I put in 3 job searches even though they say zero is okay. If I check to see if we're open, that counts as a job search, IMO.

jtk131604

Somehow it worked out for me pretty well, after a few weeks of waiting and worrying, never able to talk to an actual human being on their phone line, never getting any kind of correspondence stating that I am on the right track, or that they had receieved my tax information, etc, etc. Totally in the dark the whole time except for the information given by you all here on this website. Thanks to you all, and shame on TWC for making it all clear as mud. Almost seems by design, too, so that less money is given to those who need it. Whatever the story, their system sucks and I am surprised and relieved at my first sizable deposit the other day. I needed it.

Somehow it worked out for me pretty well, after a few weeks of waiting and worrying, never able to talk to an actual human being on their phone line, never getting any kind of correspondence stating that I am on the right track, or that they had receieved my tax information, etc, etc. Totally in the dark the whole time except for the information given by you all here on this website. Thanks to you all, and shame on TWC for making it all clear as mud. Almost seems by design, too, so that less money is given to those who need it. Whatever the story, their system sucks and I am surprised and relieved at my first sizable deposit the other day. I needed it.
Did they back pay you? I haven’t been back paid. I filed on 20th April specifically mentioning I stopped working in March yet they only paid me from Apr 19th. I keep trying to call them but they just don’t answer - the damn line is always busy. I’m happy that other people got their back pay but why is there an indifference - should that be same across the board? So far, I’ve only got 207+600 for 2 weeks. That’s all. 😒

jtk131604

Did they back pay you? I haven’t been back paid. I filed on 20th April specifically mentioning I stopped working in March yet they only paid me from Apr 19th. I keep trying to call them but they just don’t answer - the damn line is always busy. I’m happy that other people got their back pay but why is there an indifference - should that be same across the board? So far, I’ve only got 207+600 for 2 weeks. That’s all. 😒
I couldn't make heads or tails of the document they uploaded concerning my first payment request. All it says was that i was paid for 2 weeks, starting when I applied (mid to late april) and going until 2 weeks after that. Which to my mind should be 414 I think. 207 times 2. What I got was over $1400. So, even figuring in the 600 (which they did not list or refer to, in any way), that still leaves over 400 bucks that I have no idea where it came from. Maybe backpay, but they just didn't list it as such? I am thankful for getting any money, but again, the system is not user friendly, to say the least. A lot of sweating and wondering if I did anything at all correctly, for weeks on end, and then boom....big money deposit. Oh well...

I keep receiving those electronically. But the instructions say not to use them unless you can't fill electronically and also can't do it by phone.
Do you see any such line in my document? I request payment electronically - so I’m not sure what you are referring to? Could you please elaborate....

Christinebitg

I’m not sure what you are referring to? Could you please elaborate....
I'm pretty sure it's buried in the instructions somewhere. I was just looking for it now, but can't find it.

I'm submitted my third payment request today. I've received the two previous payments (for four weeks of benefits) already.

Real FM Steve

It's the same questions they ask in the online "request payment" section. It just looks different.
I think it's for someone who has no internet.
I'm going into my 3rd cycle and get that in my email after they pay.
I've never mailed one in.
Redundancy. Best guess.

It's the same questions they ask in the online "request payment" section. It just looks different.
I'm going into my 3rd cycle and get that in my email after they pay.
I've never mailed one in.
Redundancy. Best guess.
Makes sense. It is same, you’re correct. I think I’ll just leave it as is for now and see how it unfolds. Either way, I have filled in those questionnaire before asking for my unemployment so they already have it anyways. I don’t see any point in doing it again and mailing it.

How does the back pay work? I really am trying to get across to someone in their call center but have not been able to get connected yet. I’m scratching my head how to get them to back pay for even though their voice prompt says they are back dating for Covid-19.

Anyone has any idea?

DonRon

I couldn't make heads or tails of the document they uploaded concerning my first payment request. All it says was that i was paid for 2 weeks, starting when I applied (mid to late april) and going until 2 weeks after that. Which to my mind should be 414 I think. 207 times 2. What I got was over $1400. So, even figuring in the 600 (which they did not list or refer to, in any way), that still leaves over 400 bucks that I have no idea where it came from. Maybe backpay, but they just didn't list it as such? I am thankful for getting any money, but again, the system is not user friendly, to say the least. A lot of sweating and wondering if I did anything at all correctly, for weeks on end, and then boom....big money deposit. Oh well...
It's $807 per week so $1614 total. If you opted to have withholding you would receive about $1450 every 2 weeks.

jtk131604

It's $807 per week so $1614 total. If you opted to have withholding you would receive about $1450 every 2 weeks.
Oh wow. Ok. I wasn't paying enough attention here after all I guess. I thought the 600 was a one time thing and it was a 207 per week type of thing after that. Thanks for the correction.

Christinebitg

Oh wow. Ok. I wasn't paying enough attention here after all I guess. I thought the 600 was a one time thing and it was a 207 per week type of thing after that. Thanks for the correction.
I've received the $1614 twice already, and they said they're sending a third one now.

jtk131604

I've received the $1614 twice already, and they said they're sending a third one now.
I am wondering if I should try calling for the backpay or just wait and see. I haven't gotten through once on the phone line. Two times i got a ring but after a few stages into the automated system/voice, it then transferred to a busy signal. I'm sure I'm not alone.

itsablackmarket

I tried signing up for benefits because I lost a 1099 gig directly due to this, it didn't pay a whole lot of money but it was something to keep me on a schedule and provide a bare min income. I stopped using my car as a taxi last year so wasn't sure if I should try to apply, but I am beginning to feel the loss of that income stream so I should try, right? I didn't see anything on the form for 1099.