1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Hold my hand and walk me thru this gaurantee:)

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Cou-ber, Sep 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

So I just did what I'm pretty sure is my first successful gaurantee but would like to see how it breaks down...

I did opt in. Check.
    It was $25/hour from 7am-11am with a six trip minimum. Thanks to my Jeffrey at 10:56am, I met 6 trips. However, my first trip was accepted at 8:44 am. All combined, the 6 trips in fares was pretty flipping dismal. Something like 42 total. Assuming all other specifics are met, for this period, how many hours will I be paid $25. I was online as early as 7:18 but again, first trip taken at 8:44am. Can someone break this down please? Thanks:)

2. William1964

William1964

844 to 1056 is 2 hours and 12 minutes.

At 25 bucks an hour that's 55 bucks.

Each full hour is 25. 12 minutes is 1/5 of an hour or 60 minutes 1/5 of $25 is $5.

If you made 42 you will get an extra 13 to guarantee the 25 per hour

AFL2015 and Cou-ber like this.
  3. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

Now what if I was online for the entire 8-9 am hour but didn't get the ping until 8:44...does this count or does it start with the ping acceptance? I didn't reject anything if this makes a difference.

4. Im not going to be sorry.

This will not lead to the promised land.

5. William1964

William1964

I'm also sorry since you're new they are buttering you up and will stick in the oven later.

Do not trust this company take the money as long as you can or they let you and put it to good use paying off any high interest loans or credit cards

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  6. elelegido

elelegido

You should get 4 x 25 = 100, less six srf less commission. If you're at 20% then you'd get $75.20 net revenue.

But, with Uber math deciding how much you get, this exercise is really just one of those fairground games where you have to guess how many jelly beans are in the big jar.

Let us know who comes closest to guessing correctly!

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd and chi1cabby like this.
  7. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

That I do not know. I'm assuming whatever any gaurantee would be when offered. Wouldn't I get $25 for the 2 hours 9-11 if I didn't make that in fares? So that's $50 plus whatever for the partial hour at 8:44 when I accepted the first trip?

8. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

I'll definitely let you know!! I wanted to believe if get the $25 x 4 but given its uber I have to believe they'll begin it when I got my first ride. Another thing I have to allow us the 8 hour online minimum I had to be on this weekend. On my phone, at least, I don't know how to check how many hours online I've got. Another issue that makes this hard to measure on my end is the fact that I was getting kicked ff intermittently and would futz with phone then go back and discover I'd been booted with no warning...and finally, what is uber's definition of "the weekend"?

9. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

Huh?? I'm not understanding wtf the comment above means....

10. William1964

William1964

I would feel differently if I met these people face to face right now I'm dealing with strangers I have never met and who accused me of stealing their fares in an email request for cleaning fee where a passenger paid me $20

11. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

Ummmm I'm not accusing anybody of anything...just trying to figure out what I get for this shift...

12. William1964

William1964

The guarantee was $25 an hour to solid hours is 50 bucks 12 minutes is $5. The total is $55 that you were guaranteed because you only worked 2 hours 12 minutes had you worked 4 hours it would have been 100

13. William1964

William1964

If you didn't make it to there requirement they will let you know and give you a penny

14. Give it time. When these first started out here, I realised I had to work harder to get the guarantee than it was just to do my normal thing. I did manage $8.55 once without even trying.

Good luck though and 5*'s for effort.

15. chi1cabby

chi1cabby

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    Uber's guarantees were changed to gross fares after Jan 9th rate cuts.

You made $75.20 total, per elelegidoelelegido's calculation, for your 4 hour guarantee shift.

16. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    SRF does NOT count in guarantees. If you say they do I want to see pay statements as all my guarantees (Lyft and Uber) have been exclusive of SRF.

Couber, if you were online for all four hours and they guaranteed $25/hour in gross fares ($100) and only earned $42 in gross fares (NOT counting SRF) then you would be bonused $58. Uber will then take commission (whatever rate is in your market) from all gross fares including bonus. Here my X commission is 20% so whenever I see a guarantee I just mentally deduct their commission, so your $25 guarantee is actually a $20 guarantee. As long as you accept all pings, were in the designated area (if there was one set), and met the online time requirements you should get paid.

Cou-ber likes this.
  17. Cou-ber

Cou-ber

So online time does not count? And it's actually 16 minutes but I still get your
    im at 20% also. Got in before some cities were changing to 20%. Dumb luck on my part...

18. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    Sometimes there is a requirement to fill an hour with 50 minutes or some such. I think that is mostly Lyft. All my Uber guarantees have been averages based on total time online. My last guarantee was for $25/hour for 7 hours. I was online for 6.9 hours and between fares and bonus grossed $172.50, as I should have.

NH_Uber_Driver likes this.
  19. ATX 22

ATX 22

Cou-ber, can you post the email with the guarantee stipulations?

20. ATX 22

ATX 22

Based upon the information given.
    If you were online from 0700 to 1100, then the guarantee is $100. Remove the 20% uber cut, you're at $80. If you did $42 in your 6 fares, it should come out to them paying you $38 on the guarantee.