Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should the UBER Partner APP show what position in the QUEUE you are in for AIrports

Hobby Airport (HOU) Complaint Thread

4K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Cou-ber 
#1 · (Edited)
I posted this to Uber today asking for a response. Will keep you posted, but in the meantime, please feel free to vent here...

So I am new to Uber. I have my TNC and my Airport Tag too. I decided to follow the rules and sit in the dirt parking lot (Cell Lot) at Hobby for an hour yesterday. My vehicle has Travel info which shows me which flights are arriving and I logged over 12 flights landing around 7-8PM on 9/1. I did not get 1 request for pickup.

This has got to be the most frustrating experience ever for me, so I went online to these driver forums and found out why:

1) People park at the Jack-in-the-box
2) They find "secret spots" to park at
3) They find a legitimate parking spot, but then exit their vehicle and walk to the airport to get closer?!?!"

I have several questions:

Why does the app not tell you the following for Airports (Nationwide):
1) That you are in the Authorized Geofence TNC waiting Area
2) That you are in the Queue
3) What your position in the Queue is

I sat there clueless and sad that a technology company can't do these simple things for us.

Can you please tell me what is being done to address this?

See less See more
#8 ·
Don't hate the player, hate the game. Only a fool would wait in that sun scorched lot when there are tree lined streets closer to the entrance.
It's not that hot there, the white rocks seem to reflect away the heat I think. my only concern is always other cars peeling out and throwing rocks at my car. that, and not ever getting rides because assholes are parking in other strange spots to get them. **** Uber.

#10 ·
Hobby does not have the FIFO system in place like IAH does.
They say there is a FIFO, but that's bs. I've had times where I've waited 2 hrs at iah and seen people come and go before me with pings to the terminals, and I've had it work the other way too where I've pulled in and gotten a ping in 15 minutes when there are 30-40 cars in that lot. Not to mention people getting pings from the terminals at iah when they are nowhere near the lot in greenspoint area etc.

The whole FIFO / Queu thing is horsesh!t. Just something they tell people to give the appearance of order to something which has no order at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.